New customization options for blood elves and void elves

Quoted for truth!

To be honest, without proper hair colours to match, I have to side with the quote above. Both or neither.

High elves are genetically the same as blood elves. The colours should be the same.

I agree completely.

I just hope we get the hair colors before the pre patch it could not be that hard to do and it prob will be a few days max.

2 Likes

Because they are stuck in the “glory age”. Before Sundering, average elf was a flamboyant partygoer wearing all sorts of gaudy dresses in annoyingly bright colors. Malfurion was the odd one out since he preferred ‘natural’ colors like greens and browns, and leather rather than silk. The only people in Suramar that wore more standardized clothing were the guards (heavy armor in black if I remember right) and the moon priestesses (white robes they later switched for heavy armor when they rode into a fight on their nightsabers instead of just taking the healer roles).

Suramar was supposed to be lost in the sundering, along with everything else East of Mount Hyjal, then again Blizzard loves their retcons. According to War of the Ancients, all of the HIGHBORNE (the actual ones) lived in Zin-Azshari, at the shore of Well of Eternity, where their link to the Well was at the strongest. Suramar (or any of the other cities) only had a few landed nobles (mostly of MARTIAL, not CASTER variety. Sure, these nobles each had numerous mages in their service as a show of power among other nobles, but since the Night Elf kingdom was at peace for millenia, their military was only for show. PARADE stuff, not real warrior stuff. In the whole lands around Suramar, the lord of Black Rook, Kur’Talos Ravencrest was the only one who had any experience fighting a war (it’s why Legion assassinated him)

Mages collectively belonged to an organization called Moon Guard that basically hoarded knowledge so no off-the-street nobody could learn the secrets of magic, and even the Moon Guard only knew magic that the Highborne didn’t deem useful enough not to hoard themselves. Moon Guard also used the connection to Well of Eternity to power their spells, not their own power, so when the Highborne shielded the Well, Moon Guard were basically USELESS (as in, not strong enough to even levitate a bottle, let alone cast combat magic)

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAND then comes blizzard and says:
“hey, so that all didn’t happen because we couldn’t come up with another elven city for a story, so here you have Suramar, but with no actual Suramar people and it’s actually inhabited by highborne who we decided to move from Zin-Azshari into Suramar for plot convenience…”
Players:
“Wasn’t Suramar conquered by Burning Legion and used as a testing ground for the proto-Scourge by their Nathrezim? BTW who turned into Naga in Zin-Azshari though if your put Highborne into Suramar instead?”
Blizz:
“I MAKETH THE PLOT! DON’T QUESTION ME!”
Players:
“how can we NOT? You put Suramar on the wrong side of the map! It’s supposed to be a few days away from Hyjal, not Ironforge!!”
Blizzard:
“lalalala you’re banned from forums”

I’d like to pick between some options, for the bra at least…

For example a chestwrap, so you can go with hidden chest on a female and it looking cool.

Like this:

Just a simple chestwrap if one so chooses. Maybe a few color options to fit different transmogs.

2 Likes

Considering Fel Tattoos like to BURN THROUGH clothing in a matter of seconds (which is why DHs lore-wise are bare-chested or wear only a minimalistic chest wrap), having some new ones would be great.

Standard Belf scarlet&gold (GRIFFINDOR trademarked) underwear is of a VERY distinct color scheme that only fits like 2 armor sets in the game.

I’d say FREE THE NIPPLE! DON’T DISCRIMINATE BETWEEN GENDERS! But apparently the world ain’t liberal enough for that :smiley:

3 Likes

I made a new post for all Elves in wow Elves customization options

Beta is getting closer, and soon, we might see proper hair options for the high elves on the Alliance. My hopes are still high, judging by the community feedback, which gets support from community manager Rejuvithorn, saying:

As well as the statement about high elf options by Blizzard art director Ely Cannon:

Notably that it’s a matter of high elf customisations , specifically choosing where one wants to align and what fantasy to play out.

These points, together with the black hair colour we see in the void elf model in the original post, with the darkest skin tone, which is a colour we haven’t seen available for void elves just yet, makes me hopefull that we might see the full range of proper high elf hair colours on void elves up on the beta.

3 Likes

Where was this stated, if I may ask?

I gotta say I have never been more excited for a Expansion just based on these customizations alone. I’ve always wanted to play a Alliance High elf, and this is very very close.

Thank you Blizzard you have made me the happiest elf alive. Thank you thank you thank you!!!

1 Like

There’s an article on Wowhead called “Shadowlands Zones, Covenant Armor, and Character Customization Interview with Art Director Ely Cannon” posted 5 days ago by Perculia.

In the original post, we also see a blood elf male (to the far right) with blue hair. Has this been implemented?

At the moment in wow they don’t have that hair color. Only some high elf female npc’s have it

2 Likes

This means that there are options that have been announced for both void and high elves that we haven’t seen implemented on the alpha or beta yet.

That’s a Blood Elf DK hair colour already in-game I believe, would be pretty sweet if they made it accessible to normal BE though.

2 Likes

Oh yeah I forgot about those sorry

2 Likes

DK hair colors should be available to other classes, on any race.

The undead and rotting options such as decaying skin colors should stay unique to the class of course.

Also, since we are talking about Death Knights, when will the Allied Race DK’s will get their class-specific customization?

I hear you adding bald features as well as more beards, please do not remove that! Especially goatee for blood elves. And also I would like to see some more brutal dark elves, some scars, disfigured faces and all that. My current hairstyle is all I like at the moment, because others are too gay for my taste. The next thing will be bald, since I have a shaved head myself, and I like to relate to character I am playing. But yeah, make brutal looking blood elves! Pretty please?! :slight_smile:

Might wanna rephrase that sentence bud…

Edit: Not policing you, just pointing out it might be against forum rules to use sexual orientation as “negatives”.
No idea whether you can be silenced for it, but better safe than sorry, yeah?

3 Likes

Why? I meant no offense, it just to make my case. And it’s true, I don’t want to look like that…

Edit: I will take my chances, interested what’s gonna happen:)