"New Dungeon-Cap" or "How to disencourage everyone instead of those who deserve"

Well hello dear WoW Community,

My Name is Breesty, I am playing this game since original Vanilla, quit out of obvious reasons when MoP/Draenor was around, and found my way into this wonderful game with Classic.

I am a speedrunner who recently (last monday) had a speedrun attempt where i went 1-60 in 44 hours, next to that i probably invested 1400 hours in aoe farming. I love farming, i love boosting. Mage is my true love, and the work with the mechanics, the “Money-making” with people, the investments, the growth, the leverage in the auction house - all that is WoW for me.
I already spiked high in PvE content in addons before - having a guild where we clear bwl in a bit over 30 minutes now is fine and fun. But only once a week. PvP is a grind - it can be fun, but i prefer arena.

So to make this argument work: why do alot of us wanted classic back? In the first place because its more of a sandbox game than any other expansion. I can do what i want, without hunting for achievements or any other kind of “show-off-reward”. Gold is such an important ressource (as we all know) - but it only enables some parts of the game (Raiding/parsing high/ranking in PvP/…) - if you are fine with playing the game casually, you don’t really need too much gold. And most of it gets in your hands by playing the game naturally.

So we already can agree that most of us have different aims in this Game - and for alot of players Gold is quite important. So - i am used to hate against mages and their money making ability - but its almost one year into classic, for me this argument can’t hold true anymore. At this stage there are plenty of ways to make lots of gold - you either don’t see them, or you don’t wanna do them -either is fine for me.

But what does every player who is in need gold rely on? The prices of mats in auction house in order to have a good outcome of gold for the time/effort you put in.
We all know that a rightous orb and greater eternal essences are needed - we either made that experience back in the day or on private realms - nevertheless the Botting community knew this beforehand, found a way to script their way through numerous dungeons/herbing routes and farmed so much, that they over-supply the auction house. The prices are garbage, everything is so cheap, that the amount of time you put in is almost never worth - especially not compared to certain classes.

But how can we solve this Problem? How can our Big-Brother-Blizzard solve this problem? So yeah, there would be the option of tracking down the software, of using manpower to analyze the reports, they could use some people to scan the dungeons, and look for similairities in playerbase of the course of time - there are probably dozens of other solutions out there - but what did you do?

You limit the Dungeon-Reset-Cap to 30 a day.
While on one hand you could always say “but yea 30 dungeons is already alot, that is like 8 hours a day” - okay well, but i want to do more than that - why can’t i? I never botted.
I wanted to do more and more speedruns, as well as other people wanted to participate. We were about to form a community of like-minded people who would love to do such runs. We hurt no one, we just compete in a niche-discipline. We can do no speedruns anymore like we used to do before.
We chose this game because of freedom and sandboxy style, and while our BBB is simply to >>>>LAZY<<<< to work through solutions that actual takes work i can’t have the fun i wanted anymore in this game.

Yea i already farmed my gold. I am 6 digits heavy in this game, i don’t give two shids about me not being able to do heavy farming. Me and alot other people were frustrated to hell because of your ignorance towards the topic of Botting - but this solution is so “not-thought-through” that it makes me question the reason to play the game.

I simply wanted to speedrun every now and then. Find my own way, find my own game. You can’t do your job on banning botters? Oh well, thats not good, but hey, in the end it was kinda fine for me. Now you already banned a handful of people that aren’t botting because of your 8th grade banning software, and on top of that you do a fix that fixes exactly nothing, but hurts those who have fun in specific dungeon-grinding niches.
You are a joke. And i know alot people in your team knows whats up, probably suffering under the “what-ever” pressure you have to deal with. Little manpower, no help, w/e - we all saw your 4 game server getting listed, then you being overthrown with the amount of people that wanted to play your game.

Shouldn’t this amount of people playing the game not be a reason to fill up your roster? To go against booting and other stuff that is against ToS? Not putting up mindlessly fix? Probably getting a bit confidence boost because you followed asmongolds video and implemented a Black Lotus “fix” (Prices on my server almost dropped by 20%, very good BBB)

So much hate right now for you boys, its unbearable.

Just let people play their game, and do what you are supposed to do. Not implementing a fix that hurts as many people as it “helps”.

I just lost all the respect you worked for so hard in the past year.
Unsubscribed my 3 accounts.

5 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: New Instance Limit in WoW Classic

Please write in the existing threads.