New Instance Limit in WoW Classic

As part of our ongoing efforts to eliminate exploitative and automated gameplay, with scheduled weekly maintenance in each region, we’re implementing the following change to our settings on all WoW Classic realms:

• You may now enter a maximum of 30 unique instances (dungeon and raid) per day, per realm.

This restriction complements the current limit of 5 instances per hour. Now, when a player enters a dungeon or a raid, the game checks to see if they have entered 5 instances in the last hour or 30 instances in the last 24 hours, and if they have, they cannot enter the instance until enough time has elapsed. This check is across all of your characters on your realm.

These limits only apply to dungeon and raid instances, and do not apply to PvP battlegrounds.

28 Likes

One of the best “#changes” since launch.
I would reduce it even further tbh.
Should be per account tho, not per realm

14 Likes

grats whiners

4 Likes

So instead of removing botting, you’re punishing people who play legitimately?

137 Likes

I don’t understand this, so instead of dealing with botters/exploiters etc. by getting a decent anti-cheat you decide to give us 30 dungeons a day? Wut.

Worst of all? You will not even stop gold sellers with this, they will simply bot on other realms and sell gold there. This is beyond stupid.

78 Likes

Drop in an ocean, but I suppose it’s something. So now instead of banning bots, you slightly limit their ability to make gold/money. /golfclap
Edit: it just dawned on me just how TERRIBLE solution this actually is! The bots will just relog onto an outdoot farming char after their allocated 30 instances and continue farming at a slightly reduced gph. While a player who set aside a free day to dungeon farm is now punished in their stead. Jesus Christ Blizzard! What in the hell were you thinking?!
Edit 2: I wonder if this is meant to only target mages who sell personally player controlled boosts in low level instances? You know, so they can’t rival the actual bots in their gold farming ability. I am speechless Blizz. You are actually removing the bot’s only competition. I didn’t think you could sink any lower but you somehow managed to go under the rock bottom.

42 Likes

How about we fix our anticheat systems or add more GM staff to investigate botting?
NAHhhh Let’s just implement broadsweeping changes that hurt the entire playerbase equally in an effort to please the forum whiners.

jeeeeeez blizz…

40 Likes

All this does is punish legitimate players trying to earn gold to keep up with the inflation caused by the bots you refuse to ban.

Anyone involved in selling gold etc has more than enough money to have enough accounts that this won’t affect them.

Regular players suffer, Blizzard make more money while giving the false pretense that they care about solving this problem.

42 Likes

nice, actual players gets punished

but bots still run around 6months+ straight, and limiting dungeons is not gonna change that. actually removing them will

21 Likes

What kind of BS fix is this? How about closer monitor botting behavior and action with a proper speed

How about you fix the root cause and not restrict people from boosting or getting boosted by real players or simply doing dungeon farms for items/nodes.

What on earth are you doing there… this isn’t even a band-aid fix. This is not even addressing bot problems (as they will just use more accounts and still do 30limits per day). It only makes you profit more of botting companies by having more active subs. Pathetic.

23 Likes

Who does 30 dungeons a day? I barely do one… honest question, I am curious.

7 Likes

Rampant botting problem
Nothing done for months
Legitimate leveling strategy includes getting boosted in a lot of dungeons
Better punish legitimate play and leave botters free to do what they want, as if they won’t just buy another account to continue running instances.

10/10, S+, top shelf, certified logic.

18 Likes

When you boost someone or get boosted you usually spend a longer evening. Boosters usually do 1-2 day long hour sessions where they just boost for hours, or you farm for herbs/nodes (then reset).

1 Like

This doesn’t reduce the number of botters, it increases it.

Blizzard are doubling down on profit from botters accounts by forcing them to create additional.

Screw over those who boost/farm dungeons and allow botters an easy work around… Well thought through fix as usual Blizzard.

18 Likes

What in the F.
STOP THIS NONSENCE.
PEOPLE ARE PAYING TO PLAY THIS GAME, THIS WILL RUIN FARMING ITEMS, BOOSTING, YOU CANT EVEN FARM MARA DAGGER AFTER THIS.
Actual monkey company

Edit.
https://www.youtube.com /watch?v=70cQ7vyyZqQ

37 Likes

This change is a joke for your customer Bli$$ard, find a proper solution or don’t do anything. And, I can see tons of problems with this change in the future.

16 Likes

You better make a message appier ingame asoon i enter a instances how many dungeons i have done per day or atleast give us a warning “yo only 5 instances left for the next xyz hour” …

5 Likes

I’m pretty sure none of the devs play the game in any real fashion at this point, I struggle to imagine any of them pouring more than 10h/week into classic since the stupidity of this change would make itself self-evident if they did.

13 Likes

not sure if late april’s fool or early christmas, either way i like it.

“Sry guys i can’t join BWL, im locked out after doing too much deadmines on my alt earlier xd”

30 Likes