New essence on the PTR. Extra honor talent

https://ptr.wowhead.com/news=291868/conflict-and-strife-essence-pvp-talents-gained-for-every-spec-in-pve-content#cls-rogue

honestly feel like most of these abilitys should be baseline tbh. Not sure if this is even good compared to the other damage essences.

4 Likes

Interesting to see that Rogue gets only 1 thing in all three specs. Kinda goes in line with that Rogue is one of the least pruned classes overall.

Yeah I know, it’s the same for Hunters…

2 Likes

Is Blizzard unironically giving me 50% healing reduction for raids? Seriously?

4 Likes

Feral would be my next best friends right now.

Necrostrike and sharpen blade for DK and Warrior, lol , no way it stay like this.

2 Likes

when they will stop giving to pve and give something meaningful to us too?

1 Like

This would be huge for Feral PvE, they might even start getting invites :rofl:

1 Like

No interrupt for Demo is a joke really… The only thing Demo lacks to be very good M+ spec is interrupt. This essence would be amazing if they’d get Call Felhunter.

2 Likes

We have void stone, trident and abusive CoS gear already lol.

This will also work in PvP so you have extra talent here however some of them are make no sense.

Demo - wtf? Why Nether Ward. Give them Interrupt - that’s the most reasonable thing to do.
Destro - why? Give them even Cremation or whatever else.
Affliction - o.0? Do you want to lower dps or what?

Unholy - just give them AMZ but reducing magic damage by 20-30% in PvE. Extra utility for M+ or raid is always nice

Hunter - no comments on this… - even Mending Bandage to remove let’s say King’s Rest Berserker’s Bleeds would be useful. I’m pretty sure there are better talents to give for PvE content

Windwalker - give them Ride the Wind, Alpha Tiger or Tigereye Brew - Turbo Fists would be too strong but there are better talents really

Rogue - Smoke Bomb? What for? Just give them any damage talents? Thick as Thieves for Outlaw would be amazing to buff someone else. Assa - Flying Daggers or System Shock. Assa lacks aoe damage and this talent would make him more viable for M+. Sub - Honor Among Thieves or even Cold Blood (extra damage in PvE instead of %) - they won’t break the game.

Arms - this is a joke in my opinion. Blizz please give arms any utility for M+. Duel would be amazing to help tank, War Banner for extra mobility let’s say for King’s Rest globules before second boss. There are plenty of things that can be picked. Arms and Fury are not taken for PvE because they don’t offer anything else besides damage. Give them utility and they will be played at least in the mid tier. High end probably not anyway but they will be able to farm weekly with no problem.

2 Likes

Give some love to arms spec.

Out of all the abilities blizzard chose netherward for demo lmao

1 Like

Keep in mind that it isn’t a PvE-exclusive essence, it is also made so people can have 4 PvP talents if they use it. It’s not purely designed for PvE. That means Blizzard says okay arms you can have 4 but you are forced to pick Sharpen Blade. Or Unholy and Necro. Or Ele and Lasso. The thing is, these were autopicks anyways for these specs. But that’s not the case for every spec. See, demo gets Ward, and destro got armor. Basically it’s blizzard saying ok demo you only get to play 4 honor talents against casters (unless you badly need 3 honor talents + a maledict reflect against melee) and destro well you might not want to pick 4 talents over another essence against a caster cleave. Also, discs get to have 4 talents only vs poly trap and fear, but that’s the only situations in which discs needed a fourth talent so it’s perfectly fine in PvP. Not so much in PvE. Same for Rogues, in PvP smoke bomb is always a pick so we just gained a free talent. If we need one we pick the essence, if not we get another one.

It was impossible to make everyone happy without breaking the game both in PvP and in PvE as some of those talents are super strong and some classes have talents that would fit PvE more than others.

1 Like

Warbanner/Master and Command are also autopicks for arms, and would have been infinitely more useful in M+/raid environment.

You do not have three autopicks that you need, or you wouldn’t be able to play reflect or disarm ever, and against some comps some warriors do (at higher and lower level). That means some talents have to be replaceable IF you need one of the two I mentionned for instance. Now you can keep SB and add reflect to your standard sb banner command build. But basically you can’t get Banner, Reflect, Disarm and Command as you are forced into SB as long as you pick 4. This isn’t a stupid move but it would have much more sense if we had more powerful pvp talents instead of 3-5 good ones and the rest being garbage.

Asking for stuff like banner in pve is way too strong as it allows to to completely bypass mechanics. Imagine in the current game, screw up in a dg get stunned 4 you die, with banner it’s 2 so your whole team can screw up consistently without being punished, allowing them not to dodge stuff, not to kick stuff, and to gain dps by lowering brain usage. It’s not wanted. Even in raid it would be ridiculous. Many mechanics would be entirely bypassed, ignored or negated. That’s why such talents, Banner, Skyfury, Dark, etc, shouldn’t make it to the 4th slot.

The decision is not even that’s clear, but the goal wasn’t to make stuff op.

Also stuff like necro and sharpen will have their uses on sanguine to cover the moment an add die while you have a big group, etc etc and tha’ts going to be quite a few seconds that you save each time resulting in a time gain in the very end of the dungeon. Very situational and with little impact but there is the damage buff alongside it, is that so bad for st damage ?

So, a flat 15% damage increase with some ramping up as long as i don’t have to move all too much (which Shimmer reduces the need for). Sounds good to me. Same for frost and no longer having to worry about Frozen Orb getting stuck in non-ideal places.

Does seem strange that the chosen talents are damage increasing ones for all 3 mage specs but at least they had the foresight not to give fire Greater Pyroblast.

I see the logic behind picking these talents by Blizzard but I’m 99% sure that Smoke Bomb isn’t always picked. As you said there will be other essences better for some specs but if you’d like to 100% utilize this possibility Interrupt on Demo is the first thing that comes to my mind. Lack of interrupt is one of the few reasons this spec isn’t popular in M+. Other than that it’s great. Giving him interrupt would increase the variety and let’s be honest Interrupt is a thing that is 100% picked in PvP unless you play vs Rogue/Survival and even then it might be good to stop Revive Pet.

But you need to consider, that for me to pick up Sharpen Blade as “baseline”, I have to sacrifice another essence, like Vision of Perfection.

There’s not going to be a situation where Sharpen Blade outweights another essence. Warbanner and M&C would however.

You can still play Sharpen without this PvP essence by picking other essence. You just need to judge what’s more worth. Everything will decide on meta. If meta will be quick and bursty extra PvP talent for Ele won’t be that good but if it will be as slow as now then another def talent would be priceless.

Which I did. There won’t be a situation, in neither PvP or PvE, where Sharpen Blade will take priority over another essence.

Makes sense