New expansion thread

They pretty much screamed “It was all Afrasiabi’s fault!” about Teldrassil. No, they aren’t destroying Silvermoon or having it conquered. There could still be an attack, though.

Regardless, Golden still cop’t for it.
It was wrong, but it’s probably not an avenue Blizzard will go down again, in the immediate.

Sure - they might have small scuffles between the factions, but the overall story will be focused on something else. The faction conflict won’t drive the story.

Not only that would be incorrect because of no Alexstrasza in the attack, but as Leià said the Red Dragons could never touch the capital because of Bandinoriel (barrier of the Sunwell)…

and the character looks a bit like a statue, but if it’s not, he looks more Ogre than Orc anyway…Ogres were not in the Dragonmaw riders I think—

assuming the pic is real anyway :stuck_out_tongue:

Silvermoon is save hopefully. IF they axe Quel’thalas away from the Horde I will quit.

And even with those, we wouuldn’t be the ones fighting it out anymore. Cross-faction-grouping is there to stay, and open world content hasn’t been a big story driver in a while.

Not incorrect, you just don’t know the context yet! :wink:

1 Like

Also that statue is quite clearly, not female. (Lets not go down the political talk on this one though.)
They might use the outdated old Blood Elf model, but those main Silvermoon statues that we see are all female.

If we get another faction war then Stormwind and Orgrimmar should burn. These cities annoy me the most.

With what happened last time and how it started, Blizzard have said they are not doing those sorts of expansions for a long time.

They have to save face and they certainly won’t allow somebody like Christie Golden to go through that level of abuse again.

EDIT: I do remember seeing something from 2013, where somebody suggested a “Mage Wars” like patch. At the time it was Blood Elves vs Humans+High Elves. Now, we can extend that to Blood Elves + Nightborne vs Humans, High Elves and Void Elves.
Something like this could involve the Blue Dragonflight, especially if both factions are trying to stop a corrupted Blue from taking a powerful artifact.

The story of WoW is pretty much played out

Alliance vs Horde ? they did that twice

There is nobody realistically left for the player character to fight we beat everybody worth fighting

As i have said before they should have had the PC win the raid against N’zoth only for it to come out that it was a trick by N’zoth and the adventurers are trapped while 5 years go by on Azeroth N’zoth frees/revives the other Old gods who revive the Black empire and destroy both the Horde and the Alliance killing of most of the Horde/Alliance leadership.

The player character returns no longer the hero but the fool who was tricked by N’zoth and nog has to rally the remnants of the Horde/Alliance to fight the Black empire and stop the Void Lords from corrupting Azeroth.

N’zoth brings the Lightbound crusade from alternate Draenor as a distraction for the adventurers.

The final raid of the expansion is beating the old gods and banishing them to the Realm of the Void Lords.

After that WoW 2 starts which takes place 100 years into the future with the remnants of Horde and the Alliance rebuilding their societies while fighting cultists Black empire remnants and the Scourge basically going back to Vanilla WoW fighting local threats instead of universe spanning threats.

It’s a world. There are more than 3 kinds of stories that can be done within it. They can invent enough content to last however long they can sell the game, with or without time shenanigans. And they don’t need a WoW2 for that.

To me it just looks like a very blurry orc, who is for some reason standing in front of a red dragon, with both of them lookwing down at what’s happening in front of (presumably) Silvermoon’s walls.

I believe they said they don’t want to do another total world war sort of narrative focussing instead on more localised conflicts.

On the other hand i kind of like the idea of the dragons taking sides and breaking up the dragonflights could lead to some interesting stories.

But they’d all be Alliance-heavy, when the chips are down.

Only the Black Dragonflight would possibly lean Horde due to Ebonhorn.
One could argue that the Reds would go Horde, but why would Alexstrasza commit her Dragonflight to something which involved a lot of conflict and the loss of life? She wouldn’t even go Alliance.

EDIT: It often made me wonder why Sylvanas never went on to attack Alexstrasza. She was far more a rival to her “Jailer” based ideas, than Tyrande and the Kaldorei.

Today is the day folks. Place your bets. We gonna find out the future of the game.

The more reasonable leaks are already flowing. Example pictures for a new talent tree system, Dragokin models that are probably real and might or might not be playable…

Not necessarily. Most of the Greens and Blacks are dead, Blues have dispersed, Bronzes would probably do whatever they think is the sacred timeline, Reds would severely depend on context.

Blues would likely depend on the Brood, but i could see something like Senegos’s brood helping the Nightborne, while Kalec backs up Jaina with some of his. As an example.

Because Sylvanas didn’t need to. Attacking the Night Elves was mostly, because they were the easy target to stir up a huge conflict and send lots of powerful souls to fuel the rebellion going on within the Shadowlands, with the ultimate end of reshaping the afterlife, without such a thing as the Maw. (Not the ideal story, for a faction war, but it’s the best Blizz could come up with…)

You know, if they are a playable standalone race (almost certainly they will be…) will these new race of dragonkins be allowed to have only human and elven “lookalike” forms among all races?

We don’t really want people screaming about Human and Elf bias once again after all…then again, for some humanoid races it would definitely feel weird to transform into dragons…for example,
for all the furry races…but also for undead, dwarves, goblins and gnomes in my opinion :stuck_out_tongue:

Also Evokers apparently are quite similar to Arcane Mages (with new twists) so Leià is going to have a good time with this new class I guess :sweat_smile: but I could try them too…

I don’t think they are going to be playable anyways, but either way, not my thing, you humans and catwalk humans can keep them, I allow it. :wink:

Alright folks less then two hours to go. Who is excited yet?!