New Fresh Start Realms with Wrath Classic

A very poor implementation of a very simple idea. So one tier of content will be utter bliss then we will have untold botted gold descend upon us from open transfers? At least 90 days? All you had to do was say never, that was it, but you had to mess it up didn’t you. You couldn’t make a post without messing it up. Remarkable.

Any notion that saying this will never have transfers open and as such could start a bot craze given its unicorn status just highlights how inept you are at moderating you’re game, much like the old workforce eh? Some things never change

2 Likes

So an even playing field for at least 90 days

Please reconsider letting people transfer to these fresh realms otherwise it is a waste of time

Allowing characters to transfer over with resources/gold defeats the whole purpose of a fresh realm

6 Likes

I correct you, you can.
Source _https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Patch_8.1.5#Characters

1 Like

thats a great start. just remove the option to ever transfer to these servers and it will be perfect :slight_smile:

8 Likes

If the new fresh realms don’t have their own battlegroup between themselves then playing on these servers is just a massive way to gimp yourself. I suppose raiders won’t mind because this doesn’t affect them at all but for anybody wanting to do any pvp this will just be a way to meme yourself.

The new servers need their own battlegroup.
There needs to be hard restrictions on the amount of gold one character can transfer with.

Failure to do either of these things means these new realms after 90 days will just end with players on them being handicapped.

Remove the option of transfering too these realms please!

10 Likes

If you open fresh realms instead of closing and reopen RP Servers can you please at least instead let the RP Realms Celebras, Hydraxian Waterlords and Zandalar Tribe open and only do a name wipe with WotLK for Accounts without Subscription?
We really want to stay on them and not to move again.

1 Like

Back in 2009 Blizzard opened RU PvP retail realm called Ткач Смерти (Deathweaver)

wowwiki-archive.fandom. com/wiki/Server:%D0%A2%D0%BA%D0%B0%D1%87_%D0%A1%D0%BC%D0%B5%D1%80%D1%82%D0%B8_Europe

The special thing about this realm was that is was the last realm with Gates of Ann’Qiraj closed so people had the last chance to get legendary bug mount and a title untill 2020.

But in 2009 Blizzard weren’t happy about their desidions. They said that such unique servers distract player from common goals of progress, break raiding societies in chase of timed events and all new realms would have gates of Ann’Qiraj opened and quest chain unavailable by default.

Same gone with this FRESH realm at the start of the expansion. You are splitting playerbase in half making both camps unhappy in the end.

• Current progression TBC realms will transition into Wrath, but no wave of new player would reinforce them. Casual 10ppl raid guilds who abandoned their progression somewhere in 8/10 T5 in TBC would be hit especially hard and only stronger 25 ppl guilds would continue on, making number of guilds and geared players reaching ICC significantly smaller.

• Fresh servers on the other hand would distract many 10ppl guilds to quit and start anew only to find out that upon reaching top levels and 90 days grace period end they would be a raid tier behind on progress. This will shatter fresh community and transfers of geared guilds to the server to get top realm progression and a lot of new recruits to draw from or GDKPS seeing insane market of fallen behind players will ruin the server. People would also start transfering off or quitting.

All these shenanigans would destabiles both progression and fresh realms and you, Blizzard, chasing two rabbits would get no stable profit or player attention from both.

Aside from completely stopping transfers to these fresh realms …

You should be allowed to transfer like max 100g and soulbound items only … anything else and you are clearly just trying to profit and not actually transfer anything … even badges should get removed on transfer, buy gear or gems now and they will be soulbound on transfer … you dont need literally any gold right after transfer, you can buy all boes, riding, max out profesions before transfer … anything else is just griefing …

3 Likes

That is pretty awesome, I hope for something like this!
I was really sad that I missed classic and TBC, especially the launch.

Wanted to join the classic guys for Wrath and started a new character today - But starting on a fresh server is just too good, so I’ll wait for the new servers.
I hope they release soon though, but if they release with the pre patch, it’ll probably be a while I guess :/.

The character transfer and boost after 90 days is a bad idea though.
They should make it so that you can’t transfer to those realms and can’t boost a character forever. IF they desperately want to set a time limit, set it to at least half a year, or even better a full year.

3 Likes

Yes, allowing transfer to fresh realms isnt good idea, but would anyone even transfer there since non-fresh Wotlk will be in full swing?
People and guilds will be busy in Ulduar by then, will they have any incentive to transfer to fresh? Might be wrong ofcourse

extend it to 180days atleast, or never allow transfers! P L E A S E!

13 Likes

Agreed. No transfers or boosts please.

Otherwise the economy will be awful from the transfers and boosts will just enable bots.

6 Likes

Given that there will be a new PvE or hopefully a RP-PvE server among the new ones, and this had a lower pop than the 3 now existingPvE English realms, I would transfer there, whit all my alts. I do NOT like full or even high pop realms.
But we would be no danger whatsoever to the economy or anything else.I have something like 10 G on all of my HW Toons :wink:

No character transfers please!
If people can just bring over their 100k gold chars this is just pointless.

Also, please launch these soon (maybe even before prepatch ?)

4 Likes

Will the PVP still be xrealm? If so, then I can’t wait.

No info on the nonsensical removal of race change?
I understand no faction change.
But can you not force me to make a 3rd character of the same class?
#NoNonsensicalChanges.

I seriously don’t get it. 60% of the realms are dead but we introduce new Wotlk servers because? Pure copium that wotlk will be a success? Those servers probably will have the same lifespan as SOM servers.

Maybe just maybe we think about servers that are currently struggling (and these are a lot) instead of introducing new servers in an unspecified future. Cause the server situation right now is freakin mess. And you still didn’t address how you want to handle the shattered sun event in the upcoming weeks on smaller servers - Because with the current pace they have no chance to unlock even stage 4 before wotlk. And however one might think about this announcement this problem is more immentent than “fresh” servers which will start only after the event has finished. Man these developers probably never have done a proper FMEA in their life.

2 Likes

Nice. Give players the illusion that they play FRESH and then milk all the euros from the character transfers. In 90 days from the start of prepatch, we are talking about fully Naxx25 GDKP geared characters transferring with tons of gold on them, ready to roll Ulduar.

4 Likes

Some people have 10/10 characters created on a single realm already, me for example still having one 60 clone I would like to restore, any chance you can increase character limit per realm before 7th juli so people have a chance to restore their characters before the clone service is gone?