New Fresh Start Realms with Wrath Classic

Ofc it won’t have gold inflation like tbc currently with so many people running around gold capped, because the devs had to abandon classic completely for a long time to fix some internal stuff with lawsuits. If wotlk gets restarted, it will be like vanilla classic in 2019 for the first 2 years, as long as they don’t allow Character transfers to this server. Maybe later, if the devs don’t ban bots, it will be worse, but keep in mind: It’s really easy for them to track RMT on an isolated fresh server. In tbc this is alot harder.

No, I’m not happy either!
What fun will it be for me to be able to transfer to a low pop server 90 days AFTER launch? I can’t play Wrath at launch with my main because he’ll be force-transferred (or I do) from HW to one of the 3 already existing PvE reams which by launch will be exactly as crowded as they were at Launch and again at TBCC launch.
Blizz is trying to please the F R E S H screamers, and the Mega-crowds, but in reality end up by not pleasing anybody.

And my guess: EU English will have 4 PvP servers and 1 PvE

1 Like

One solution might be: Delete one of the other level 60 the day before clone end. Clone old character. Wait for 50 on each realm. Recreate deleted character.

But it’s a P.I.T.A. that we players have to think out ways around, behind, and above to play the game we like!

I suspect they just put Fresh servers into separate battlegroup (prepare for endless complaints about long BG queues) and once Transfer/Boost restriction is lifted, Fresh servers are added to battlegroup with all other servers.

That’s the feeling I get from this post: “We let you have your sh and giggles for some time, then we just convert Fresh servers into regular ones”.

Yes, unfortunately this is possible. I really want this to succeed but PvP alone will f it up. Good catch.

No it won’t. Tbc pvp gear is irrelevant in wotlk. They will just keep BGs the same as they are now. No need to create problems, that don’t exist to have something to be mad about in forums

Please dont alow transfeers to the fresh servers. And dont allow boosting. Or make it 6 months and deny the chance to bring gold with you. Wouldent hurt to ban gdkp aswell to battle p2w

4 Likes

what I don’t quite understand what’s the problem if the fresh realms do pvp with the normal ones? You can’t trade there or anything else and pvp gear can also be farmed normally at 80?

The only thing I can imagine is that people are worried on fresh realms about others going honor capped into wotlk and outgearing them hard, but I think it’s irrational, bc most people aren’t farming honor to cap in tbc. Afaik they just spend it usually on gear. It’s only a few very dedicated pvpers who will do that, and it will literally only matter at the beginning of the first season.

Please forbid GDKP and boosting on theese realms and wait at least a year (or even better never) before anyone can transfer a character and ruin the economy

3 Likes

Just as only a few dedicated speedrunners are going to get to 80 in 2 weeks of pre-patch without mage boosting.

Not even mentioning other factors such as entry barriers (no Blizzard boost) for newcomers after Wotlk is released, much harder to get specific PvE gear pieces (yes, PvE pieces matter in Wotlk PvP, anyone stating otherwise has never tried it) and so on…

I don’t mind if Fresh servers are in the same battlegroup as regular servers (I won’t play Fresh anyways). But I can imagine Fresh players feeling the disadvantages this brings.

It’s either being fair with long queues or unfair with short queues.

Getting to 80 in 2 weeks isn’t something only a dedicated speed runner can do lol. The dedicated speed runners will get 80 to raid the first naxx reset. 2 weeks is casual for people like this.

Then what is your point? Sure, they maybe feel the disadvantage of someone else getting 3 honor pieces first which cost 30k honor each, sure. That advantage won’t last very long though, and the devs can simply change the honor rates and cost of items to make the honor in tbc useless. It’s such an easy problem to solve.

I want to be hyped for this. But I don’t think 90 days is long enough for the no boost and especially the transfers without knowing what kind of limitations would be on what a transfer could bring over with them.

Would anyone else prefer boosts or transfers not being present until end of ulduar / start of ToC. Or not at all?

3 Likes

About transfers, I have tried to transfer one TBC classic character from one account to another, both mine and both registered under the same mail, and was told that this is not possible in BC classic. Will this be possible in LK classic?

Back in the day, this was possible if both accounts were registered at the same mail.

Ty!

Just to be able to say “You have been warned” to the thousands of “I demand justice, Fresh players in disadvantage” complaints that are going to emerge.

Nobody can say that at the moment, because Blizzard has not yet commented on it. But I honestly don’t think that will be possible, at least for the first few phases, because with wotlk there will be a new boost that is limited to the account, so you could boost to 8 accounts and simply transfer.

They could just add the restriction of “Boosted characters cannot be transferred”, also.

In my case is a Mage hard leveled, that I had alone in another acc so I could teleport, enchant, and feed my mains on the other.

With LK and its numerous portals, neverending mana, and tradeable enchants I will no longer pay this account, and I´d like to at least pay to bring the mage to my main acc.

1 Like

This would be much more relevant in TBC then in Wotlk, but still it is tempting for me…

Is there a reason this cannot be done immediately, since you’ve already decided on doing it?

1 Like

Looks good on paper but this plan does not address the fact that gold buying/gold selling/botting/gdkp/boosts will be an issue. Please put forth a bit more effort into breaking the choke hold these clowns have over servers…STOP the real problem and you will not need to serve up a band aid fix (sorry, but the 90 day thing is simply NOT enough). By doing this announcement so soon, you are only helping these players make their plans for destination realms.