New Fresh Start Realms with Wrath Classic

In theory yes it should make more people go leveling in the open world. But then again retail and 3 years of boosting in Classic created this common norm that AFK leveling is the best way to get a new alt or reroll a faction. Cutting it of will make people doing less rerolled or alt or strait up make them quit if rerolling is crucial as their class becomes unpopular in Wrath.

The main reason for 90 day grace period is to isolate new players from all the boosting and dead open world. Many say that leveling is trivial content only needed for casuals, because real learning and gameplay starts at top lvl only. While it is partially true, people who invested 2-3 months into leveling till 80 will have more connection to their character, than thouse who will use lvl 68 and/or dungeon boost services from Blizzard or carries.

The only thing to hope for now is for the F R E S H :tm: realms (and hopefully there’s at least one PvE realm among them) and the PvE => PvP transfer to take the pressure off the existing PvE realms so that they wil be just somewhat playable when Wrath launches.

Blizz is only looking at the osciliating PvP realms and forgets that the population on the PvE realms have been more or less the same since launch.

More news coming soon :tm: I’m waiting eagerly.

Blue post from NA foruns:

" Myself and other members of the team have been reading through a lot of the responses about Fresh Start servers since it was announced, and the common feedback we’ve seen is concern over the idea of transfers opening after the servers have been live for 90 days. I felt it was important to chime in and highlight that Kaviax’s post specifically mentions they won’t be available for at least 90 days. As in, at minimum.

The concept of opening fresh start realms in this way for Classic is somewhat new territory for us, so in this situation we believe its very important to carefully monitor the population on these new realms, observe player behavior, and listen to feedback on this topic. There is nothing saying that transfers must flip on exactly on day 91, day 191, or even day 991 and we don’t intend to commit to an arbitrary timeframe for transfers to become enabled super far ahead of time. We plan to be very thoughtful and deliberate when it comes to how and when we lift the restrictions around transfers on these realms.

So to reiterate, 90 days is the absolute minimum amount of time we’d wait to open transfers, and we intend to listen to the feedback we get on this very carefully. If the realms are healthy and we don’t feel the need to open transfers on these realms, we won’t rush to do so. The team really wants to take care with anything we do here because of how excited many players are about the idea of being able to start fresh and have that type of “equal playing field” experience in Wrath of the Lich King Classic. We are excited about it too, and we really want to take our time and ensure that the experience is as awesome as it can be.

Thanks for reading, and I hope this does a little bit to reassure some concerns about this. As always, thank you so much for the comments and feedback!"

3 Likes

That also means:

“We have listened to the community and there is huge demand for it, so we are opening transfers and boosts and faction and race changes immediately and in unlimited amount, but it works only for fresh realms … No … No it has nothing to do with the new yacht being pulled into our offices right behind me, please stop asking… we would give it all for free, but people are throwing money at us and we dont want that”

1 Like

It’s no good saying they might extend the time. The answer we want is, no transfer full stop. That’s what fresh truly means

Could we please have one new English PvE server solely for transfer before Wrath launches. We had Queues at launch, we had lesser queuses at evey new phase during Classic, we had Queues again at launch of TBCC. If Wrath is really the most popular expansion, we’ll have massive Queues on Wrath Classic launch.
You closed the PvE-RP server down, the only server with low pop, able to suck up the overflow - yes this happened at launch and again at TBCC launch.

Why do you always only listen to the loud PvP forum screamers?
The stable, non complaining PvE server once again get shorted.

• Keep LFD, Dual spec, Race and Faction changes in Wrath Classic (but not at launch)

• Give 2 Era servers for TBCC

• Let the RP servers survive … or give a new, non-freshPvE realm for transfer.

1 Like

No inbound transfers to fresh start realms (except perhaps from other fresh start realms?), ever. Use of Lvl 70 boosts on FS realms fine after 90+ days of launch (i.e. not early enough to corner the economy).

Solving the gold inflation, RTM and AFK boosting culture should be as simple as locking all XP gains and heavily nerfing all gold and all non-boss loot drops in instances when entering solo or when grouped with anyone outside the recommended level range for the dungeon (higher or lower) - that would immediately kill off most of the gold farming and AFK boosting that drives the RMT and inflated GDKP economy in classic, and which kills the general server community.

By Blizzard’s own wording medicine, this says that it is 100% sure that Fresh servers are getting transfers and boosts. Only the time frame is in question.

Dont be surprised when a blue post appears on day 150 of fresh saying: “So after a close review of our data regarding population on Fresh servers, we decided to open transfers and boost. 180 days of your meaningless fun was enough, short-term profit is what takes lead now”

Staying where we are and not touching Fresh is the safe bet now. Play Fresh at your own risk and don’t cry when the prediction of all those players without rose-colored glasses comes true.

1 Like

I don’t exactly understand what’s the point of forcing entirely new characters as opposed to, say, allow migrations without any BoE resources or gold.

I think it’s disgusting how little value is placed on character attachment these days. Characters are viewed as toons that come and go and the MMORPG is just an MMO.

2 Likes

Seriously considering doing this and join Horde.

Pre patch when ???

pre-patch Soon™ : )

The week of August 10.

Riddle me something please, and this is a serious question: Who are these super rich goldcap players who will flood the “fresh” realms should the transfers ever open? Why would they come? They can run their GDKP runs on Firemaw ot Gehennas much more easily. They can find arena partners there.
Those who want to sell gold on “fresh” servers will have their bots running there from day one, by the time transfers open, they will have a place saturated anyway, what would be the point of transferring more goldcap mules?
Like what do you expect? Somebody will abandon their GDKP where they are a regular and their arena buddies and the guild they hang out on discord with and pay for transfer to your “fresh” backwater just to spoil your priatine fun? Seriously?

2 Likes

So after they “heared” to the fresh server longers and saying we will extend the transferlock beyond 90 days as long the server is not about to die, can you please listen to us RP Players and let us continue to have the RP Realms Celebras, Hydraxian Waterlords and Zandalar Tribe? We can even get mistreated as Serverqueue evading floodstorage where you can offer Players on Place 3876 to transfer to for free so they can at least play and after release you will give us the free transfers away again for all those poor people that do not want to play in a village.

1 Like

Also, Firemaw doesn’t seem to get unlocked anytime soon and Wotlk release will even postpone that.

Bots cannot be recreated on the biggest server, so guess where are they gonna allocate the unused resources that were freed up by Firemaw lock? A botter does not care for boosts being unavailable…see Classic Vanilla, so before Crusader’s Colliseum release, bots will take over Fresh (provided it is populated enough, bots don’t work on medium and low pop servers). Mark my words, GDKP ToGC runs will be a common practice on Fresh, just like anywhere else. And by Fresh nature, people who don’t swipe will feel in bigger disadvantage than non-swipers on regular megaserver, because of circulating gold supply being different on Fresh servers than on megaservers. This can ultimately drive people off Fresh which may end up just like most servers that didn’t make it to megaserver status. People start mass transferring off and cursing their decision to even try Fresh. Remember, it takes only a few big guilds decision to kill off even 8k pop server.

1 Like

Only 90 days (three months) is too low, make this for at least 180 -360 days and I am in, and many ppl more.

Many of us are aware that all existing realms are infested by five-years of exploiting layers, farming, bots and all sorts of hacks… and the experience of playing on such realms will not be able to give the real MMORPG feel as it should be.

Fresh realms are a good idea but gold sellers will ruin it as soon as this short period of three months has passed.

It would therefore be essential that the period in which gold sellers cannot appear for as long as possible, six months to one year at a minimum.

We know that it is not possible to transfer a lot of gold, but they will transfer expensive items and materials with which they will disrupt the relatively clean economy of new realms.

In case transfer/boosting characters restriction stays only for 90 days then I’m afraid that fresh start is not worth the effort.

1 Like

Gold sellers will ruin Fresh even if boosts/transfers are never allowed.

And they announced on NA forums that boosts and transfers are coming to Fresh, but the date is going to be based on population data with at least 90 days restriction period. So the restriction can very well last 180 or 240 or 365 days.

Anyways, be it 90, 180 or 365 days, Fresh economy will be ruined by bots and GDKPs even before they allow boosts and transfers, so I wouldn’t worry too much about them :smile:

2 Likes

Yes, but in 5-10 times lesser number and quantity of gold and mats if will be no transfer.
We can’t stop them but we can limited their bad activity.