New Human Racial - No Place Like Home

Let me start by saying I completely understand why the racial had to change. It makes sense, no issues.

Thing is, you’re replacing a genuinely good reason to roll Human with something that is basically useless in Modern Retail wow for many.

I don’t see how anyone can really genuinely look at having an extra Hearthstone charge and lower Cooldown as a reason to roll Human, let alone stay Human now when we have access to Deepholm Pots, Garrison Portal, Dalaran Portal and your Main Hearthstone. It is not hard to get back to a main city anymore. Who needs a hearthstone every 5/10 minutes where one of the above options, or others not listed are also all on cooldown.

You could’ve at least put a little creativity and thought into it, not just throwing us a worse racial than Vulpera and basically a shaman skill. Human Mages? I bet they’re thrilled at this.

It doesn’t have to be a broken racial, shadowmeld etc. or on par but at least give us something interesting and creative. Give us a reason to want to stay human because this isn’t it.

30 Likes

These should be super passive things that don’t do anything special, and not a reason to play a given race.

11 Likes

Its not the worst racial, dont rly see the point in second charge unless if you’re trying to farm raids & having to constantly port all over the place.

I mean when you look at nightbornes racial that just summons a mail box when there are like 3 different toys that do the exactly the same thing, id take a hearthstone over a mailbox any day.

If anything, they need to nullify more racials. The game feels to biased towards some race/class set ups and it gets to a point, its more anti-fun than it is freedom of choice.

7 Likes

But humans keep Will to Survive which already enables humans to play 2 dps trinkets and have cc remove for most common cc, if they would also gain something in similar power like will to survive or shadowmeld top of it then they would have two powerful racials so I think its fine that they dont gain anything more that affects power dynamics.

1 Like

Either all the racials should be passives that give no advantage, they should all be useless like racials are in GW2 or you should be able to pick what you want from a pool of racials.

8 Likes

Mans Best Friend

Passive - You are able to summon your trusty mounts 90% faster (30% in arenas and Battlegrounds)

On use - Summon your loyal Golden Retriever who is able to Fetch, granting you access to your bank and mail (maybe AH) even in the darkest of places 30 min CD.

You can’t go from the best QoL racial to one that is only useful to scatterbrains. The amount of times I’ve not been able to use my Hearthstone in modern wow, is exactly zero. Everyone is a mage with all the modern ports.

10 Likes

Blizz never fails to disappoint us.

3 Likes

Wait is this replacing the ability to remove the stun, or something else?

would of made more sense to have the chance to set 2 hearthstoens in sepereate locations

that would of been better than 2 charges at the same location

an example i could have a goldshire hearthstone and then a stormwind one

5 Likes

No, the 10% rep one.

It’s replacing the +10% rep one, probably because that one would mess with the whole “Shared rep in a warband”-thing.

1 Like

An extra charge doesn’t fill me with enthuses for sure.

Gram already has this and barely ever uses the actual hearthstone (which is basically a second charge).

A better option would have been a second Hearthstone location. Two hearthstones basically.
I could set one to Hyjal for doing dailies there for instance (although I’ve done Hyjal already but that’s by the by). I could set the other to Valdrakken for doing DF chores.

5 Likes

If you are a human mage like myself this racial is completely irrelevant. I use teleport all the time. I almost never use HS. I want something better that replaces my 10% reputation gain not this that doesn’t do anything.

If this stays like this human will truly be just for transmogs.

6 Likes

The diplomacy passive

Maybe because you like the race? :man_shrugging:

Waste on my human mage especially since I can portal myself or a group.

2 Likes

Well, not only human, all magees dint need ir use then rarely because teleport/portal.
The only advantage would be place hearthstone at a remote location to short travel like lights hope chappel ir in Northern ir southern Kalimdor.

But yeah, remove rep racial and replace it with the headstone one is ridiculous, like…when do you need a second hs charge?

They coud just change some lines in the code to make the faater rep only forbthe human and not acc wide.

And tbh, if you consider how overpowered the horde racial were (Berserker, regeneration, stun…)…yeah, totally reasonable.
And not very creative since vulpera AND dark iron dwarfs have already a fast travel racial

OH, YES! GREAT IDEA!

Let us diminish the RPG in MMORPG even more…

1 Like

It’s going to be controversial, but I like this change. Having two charges on my HS is a very nice thing to have for me.