New Interview about Tyrande and Sylvanas

https://www.mmorpg.com/world-of-warcraft/interviews/new-world-of-warcraft-82-info-tyrande-sylvanas-customization-oh-my-1000013638

Thoughts? There are some interesting bits regarding their characters.

Apparently, the reason as to why Tyrande isn’t present in Nazjatar, is because the devs think she had her share and would rather focus more on other characters. That the Night Warrior arch already emphasised enough on her, and carrying onward, they’d rather focus on Azshara and Sylvanas.

And regarding Sylvanas, aside from the remark above, they comment on her ‘having a plan’ and ‘not being Garrosh 2.0’, acknowledging in a broad way the fact that ‘not everyone is onboard with the gist Saurfang is pushing us to’.

For me, they’ve lost much of their credibility and seem to be trashing about aimlessly. And their story focus and approach is way to deranged at this point to check their current collision course…that will probably end up with some story aberration par on WoD’s Grom.

11 Likes

So nothing new then.

Thanks for sparing us the time and effort on having to copy and paste the link into google search

1 Like

Curiously, the author references an US thread here, in the Story Forums.

As I expected. Jaina was on the “Main Character” screen at Blizzcon 2017, not Tyrande. She is the Alliance protagonist, alongside High King Anduin, and not Tyrande. Nothing new here, people who listened to Blizzcon 2017 knew that Tyrande wouldn’t have a particularly compelling or big role.

Person has her entire home destroyed, goes to desperate measures to avenge her people and reclaim what is left, have her declare she will be starting a campaign to reclai her home and that she will go on a personal quest to sate her vengeance. Blizzard: “Yeah, that is good enough.”

I swear, if she were a Horde character, we would have had an entire patch dedicated to her vengeance.

Meaning she is Garrosh 2.0.

5 Likes

There are some unrelated, but interesting bits in said interview.

Goblins and Worgen will be getting their heritage armour alongside their new shiny race models.

I imagine Araphant will be happy to hear about the Gilnean heritage armor, if he isn’t too busy drooling over a greenskin thrall.

2 Likes

Well that’s needed.

Worgen (in the general sense) and Goblins are the two races in dire need of lore attention right now.

1 Like

That moment when Rexxar stabbed Daelin, damn. Epic.

9 Likes

Hopefully, we can relive it, later on this year :hugs:

As epic as Sylvanas telling Anduin to muzzle his dog, and him wisely doing exactly that.

1 Like

At least the dog is still alive.

1 Like

And far cooler than Anduin.

#GennforAllianceLeadership

3 Likes

Well…

Didn’t they? Its more than others had.

???

Shani came out the gate first by saying, “I would tell Sylvanas fans that her story definitely isn’t over yet. We have a lot more to tell. She’s not Garrosh 2.0. She has a lot more going on. Don’t want to spill anything, but there is a ton more coming for Sylvanas’s story.”

I mean, regardless of how much credit i give them, those are his LITERAL words.

Anyway, i do agree that leaving her out of Azshara’s confrontation was quite some disservice. But its not as if she didn’t have ANY relevance prior.
Regardless of how insufficient it was, it certainly was quite more than the one others had under similar circumstances.

1 Like

I think the main problem here is that the story ended up being an endless loop for a warfront.

That’s the core problem and why people were unhappy and indeed, why this got very mixed reactions.

Merely confirmation of what we already have seen and predicted.

There will be no proper vengeance for Teldrassil, as I predicted.

6 Likes

More like: Devs think that Night elves already had proper vengeance for Teldrassil.

And they’re wrong, and it shows in their nelf fanbase jumping ship. Darkshore Warfront is vengeance for what? The completely unprovoked invasion of Darkshore? We haven’t even talked about Ashenvale yet.

1 Like

In the mind of Blizzard, if the Forsaken are without a city, then -equality-, an Alliance race has got to be without a city.

Personally, I’d have preferred the Draenei to go without a city, but that’s just me.

Story writers are ‘wrong’? In BfA? Shockers.

No need to remind me that, IamBaine.

At this point i would gladly swap stories if i could.

1 Like