New Interview about Tyrande and Sylvanas

That patch is about the Alliance and Horde fighting for Zuldazar. Her vengeance is an underdeveloped subplot.

I know, which is why we can be so certain they are false, and that Sylvanas will be Garrosh 2.0.

Tyrande: I fought against the Burning Legion when they first invaded Azeroth. I rebelled against my Queen for the sake of our world. I felt my lands be torn asunder beneath my very feet. I watched my people die by the thousands. And now, when at last I have the chance to exact revenge on the one who caused all of this…

Ion & Co.: Nah, you had patch 8.1 and the night warrior story. That’s more than enough. We want to focus on Sylvanas because… reasons…

Tyrande: That… makes literally 0 sense.

Ion & Co.: Uhm… hello? 10 years worth of garbage expansions. You still looking for sense? That’s cute.

5 Likes

No. No you wouldn’t. You really wouldn’t want the nelf civilisation treatment of consistently being kicked virtually every xpac.

So, all that Night Warrior stuff and DarkShores Warfront was just a bone that Blizzard trow for Night Elves fans.
They expect that this never ending battle for our starting zone is enough…

7 Likes

This whole situation is literally a textbook example of take 10+ (random large number) and give 1, maybe 2.

Sylvanas is the Horde equivalent for Nazjatar.

Anduin is the problem for the Alliance side of that particular story. He is the one apparently soaking the spotlight for the blue side there.

If I was writing this, I’d have made it so Exodar and Silvermoon would be lost, initially.

Well, she’s yet to set foot there. All we’ve seen thus far is Lor’themar, Thalyssra and Oculeth (which make the most sense.)

Curiously, i agree. It would’ve been the perfect excuse to work on both outdated zones.

1 Like

And given the Blood Elves a unique edge and given the Draenei a slightly -darker- side…a more vengeful side, as we saw with Maraad.

I actually believe the Blood Elves losing the Sunwell to the Alliance, especially the Void Elves and Draenei, would give them a really interesting edge.

Well…as little credit as i give their word, usually they rely on vague statements to keep from straight up lying to the players face.
This is exceptionally specific to be a lie too.

Specially when you have Morgan adding to it stuff like:

Morgan added what I felt was the most interesting view I’ve heard from any developer when it comes to Sylvanas: “With the Sylvanas aspect, there are two sides here: People in the Saurfang / Baine camp and the people who are with Sylvanas.”

They could be lying mind you, but its not as set in stone as you seem to imply.

A return to the lore-accurate portrayal of mana addicts would be long overdue……and gives an excuse for the Army of the Light to go overkill.

My dear sweet Kaldorei - you should know that only the Nightborne are true mana addicts.

Blood Elves are apprentices in the art of such. Nah, they’d turn to Fel and Light-draining which is far more interesting than “For the Light” said Liadrin."

1 Like

My eyes flash a dangerous red as I prepare to whack you with the lore book.

But I kind of agree, the Sunwell going void and becoming a gateway for whatever cosmic big bad next expansion would be amusing. Mostly because it will prove Rommath right (again).

You had the green eyes, friend. Not me, I have beautiful silver eyes :slight_smile:

It would give an extremely interesting position and increase blood elf, void elf and draenei by extension, lore for the better.

Omei wa… Shinderu…

I think it would be interesting development for sure, it’d be funny to see people on these forums cheering despite the fact that high elves would also be a casualty.

Though i’m unsure how they would do it without void ex machina, I don’t think a Drathir 2.0 would work again.

Indirectly, which would be interesting as Vereesa and Co. would possibly feel the Sunwell’s loss

Unless M’uru’s spark was claimed by the Draenei and then destroyed, meaning the Sunwell was shut off, permanently.

I’d argue against a “void well” because that’s just being silly.

“I think she had her moment where we told some of her story and she got her revenge for the Night Elves. I don’t think we’re exploring her story too much more in Nazjatar though.” Shani said.

LOL we already got our revenge, Tyrande moonblasting a few dozen Hordes = Vengeance for the World tree and thousands that perished as well the mediocre writing we had endured over expansions and the butchering of characters.

With Rise of Azshara, the emphasis is on Sylvanas and Azshara herself. They are the focus. There’s just so much happening.”

Oh my god do these people listen to themselves, who has ties with Azshara and Sylvanas now more than Tyrande? who hates them both? who has endured and suffered because of them? Tyrande is directly linked to Azshara and Sylvanas, this is probably one of the biggest missed opportunity in lore !

Conclusion: Night Elven players should stop playing, let this game die, the writers and developers are clearly amateurs who are incapable of writing anything coherent.

6 Likes

Just like last time young children/the elderly/lame will die off too. It would be a pretty dark mark on the Alliance’s track record.

At least then I wont have to read posts which read like the run off from a septic tank.

3 Likes

You’re delusional if you think that the Night Elves alone could make the game die. They aren’t even the most played race. Humans are :smile:.

2 Likes