New level 50, There is no quest to start BFA campaign

Legionfall Campaign, War Campaign, Lost Mail for Katy mail toy quests are not working for me. I gave up trying to play the game after that.

1 Like

yeah I can’t start BFA intro quest either. I have no quests in my questlog but that man in front of Hero’s board in SW won’t give me any quest. I visited cathedral but nothing to do there. I took boat to Boralus, but can’t do anything there because I haven’t done introduction chain yet. Blizzard u have to fix this! Other chars couple days ago this was working normally.

2 Likes

Very irritating. Hit 50 on a new character, get my heart and first azerite armor piece… then nothing. Tried trouble shooting, turning WM off, anything I could do. No dice. Dumb it’s been like this for over 24 hours and no fix, no reply. Tickets are useless because GMs can’t do anything and 99% of them don’t even play WoW to understand the problem.

Having the exact same problem. As soon as I hit 50 I got booted out of Chromie Time, all fine and dandy. Got the quest to go to Silithus to get the HoA but when that is finished. Dead end, can’t progress any further. There is a fairly large thread about the problem on the US bug report forum. Going to Hero’s call board as someone suggested doesn’t help. Wants to send me to Draenor…

same issue here. got the heart and then nothing, no followup

Amazing that Blizzard hasn’t even made a single official response to this, just amazing.

2 Likes

Just confirming this bug.

Started a brand new Undead Rogue and I hit 50 two days ago. The only War Campaign quest I got was from Magni and it’s when I got my HoA. After that, no quests whatsoever. It also doesn’t allow me to enter the Chamber by clicking on the triangle thingy.

1 Like

Same here. No starting quest. I just have Azeroth heart, and a piece.

yep, general problem it seems.

Anybody please tell when will fix

I am reading all the topics about this problem and I do not see any response from a blue, what a nice consideration, I would also accept a “we are aware of the problem and we are working on it”, next time give the early access to the contents to those who really test the stuff and not those who stream a couple of days and then give a damn, so this crap doesn’t come out, said from dev to dev, putting this crap into production in a “common” place would be instantly kicked out of the development team, whatever the field of work, I’m ashamed for these “devs”, not that I’m better, but crap like that in live … how sad.

3 Likes

Not the only issue i have. With the war campaign when you first go on the boat and when you’re supposed to chose to pursue an upgrade, i can’t buy it, even when i have 20 war resource and it costs 15, it’s just greyed out, which blocks my progress. That’s one amongst many other things that are broken.

Blizzard gm “Go to wowhead” there’s your answer in a ticket folks. Also the usual blaming addons and interface.

Do they even read tickets now? I don’t need wowhead to know where a quest I’ve done over 130x to know where it is. I explained this in the ticket.

I made a bug report but guess they just assume you’re dumb and just can’t find the quest like the ones who answer the tickets.

Also stop suggesting players go to 3rd party websites. I do use wowhead but I find it wrong Blizzard is shipping their players off to 3rd party websites for issues even if it did solve my issue(it didn’t), I pay my sub to you not some other website.

2 Likes

I want to send my screenshot of folder addon empty, wtf deleted and cache deleted :smiley: so we can blame again addons randomly

1 Like

Looks like they’re aware of the problem now, and are working on a fix: https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/000275307

3 Likes
2 Likes

I have a DK who used Chromie time to go to Legion exp to do some levelling then decided enough and went back to Chromie to return to present. But even after the magic whirly that returns me am still stuck in Legion and earlier expacs.
So started a Monk char in exiles reach, completed to end and got BFA starter quest.
Went to Boralis doing the usual prison stuff and so on. The scout map showed only Tirigarde open to me. So did the questing there up to the chase on horseback at Proudmore castle and interview after with Lady Proudmore. Returned to scouting map and it was blank of any further quests even though the map showed the topography of the map.
Also the ship used to go to Zandalar has no one at the ship scouting map to give quests to progress that part of BFA.
Basically it is all screwed up and I reckon it will stay that way despite the delayed Shadowlands expac.
Makes me wonder why I returned sadly.

Common Problems

* I can’t start “Tides of War” quest

• I haven’t received auto-popup for “Tides of War” quest
  • I can’t start quests in BfA

We have received multiple reports of this issue and can confirm it is not working as intended. Currently, we do not have a workaround or resolution that can be provided. We apologize for any inconvenience while our developers work as quickly as possible to resolve the issue.

Currently could mean never. Activision are a multimillion pound company, lets drop the Blizzard title, that went when Activision arrived, and they are very happy to take our purchse price but loathe to give us a proper return.

Makes me sad I returned I should have left my account cancelled

This problem has been here for a few days now. It completely destroys all gameplay for someone who hasn’t yet done BFA.

My partner and I have a few days off and we were going to blast through the BFA quests but this stuff is SO depressing.

What problem are they encountering at the moment, it would be nice to have some transparency.

3 Likes

This isn’t the same Blizzard anymore that people grew to love. They’re just banking on the name now.

The people in charge that made the company what it was have left, they have been steadily reducing customer support amid record profits, shuttering offices left and right (most recently the one in Versailles). These statements can easily be verified.

The company that used to have this name would not have sneezed out a “hotfix” that removed access to the entire last expansion that they just rolled into the base game to entice people to come back without checking if people could still play that content and leave the game like that for days.

I opened a ticket to ask them to start the “Tides of War” quest for me but as the support article states (that wasn’t up when I made the ticket), they don’t “offer a workaround”. Not because they can’t start the quest, but because their metrics say “we can’t start the quest for everybody, so we’re starting it for nobody and have everyone wait for a fix”, so they’re hiding behind “the devs say we’re not allowed to do it”.

I provided a bug report and opened a ticket with a step by step on how to reproduce the error, including all the measures I’d taken to self-resolve, a screenshot of my Stormwind map, the quest NPC not offering a quest and my empty quest log to show I’m not phased.

I started the ticket off with “This is not a Wowhead problem” - and they STILL had the audacity to profile that ticket into an autoresponder with nonsensical instructions to “abandon the quest and retake it”, “look on Wowhead” and “post on the US bug report forums”. They then closed the ticket and said to only reopen it if this automated response did not help.

And no, that’s not a human responding with a template. That would have a CSR attached to it and upon closing would provide me with the option to rate the service I received. They didn’t give me that option because there was no human I could have rated and they don’t dare to accept a rating on their abysmal automatic response. They’re in full on “launch period, profile everything that meets certain keywords” mode. You can call this polemic but Blizzard can access information on my account that will tell them exactly why I know this.

I have now abandoned that ticket just like this company has abandoned their most loyal fans.

Shame on you, “Blizzard”. I held your standard up for the longest time.

2 Likes