New MMO - Throne and Liberty - WoW Killer?

No! It won’t kill WoW, because Blizzard is actually doing that to themselfs , but … who’s interested in TL?

I will definitely play it. I have a love/hate relationship with NcSoft so I’m a bit…skeptical, but we shall see.

Hope it will not release in the same time as Diablo 4.

6 Likes

Watch that game turn P2W on launch. Also it’s a PvP focused MMO.
Which will hurt it before it’s even released.

Most korean MMO’s fail to get any traction and basically die out very quickly.

Idk what it is about koreans, they can make phones, chips, cars and various other things. But they just suck at making games.

There are a few exceptions.

3 Likes

I hope it won’t turn P2W, even tho’ NcSoft shows us that they can do that. Not on launch though. And no, this time they said is not PvP focused at all and that is completely optional. I hope they learned a thing or two in this area.

True, but, we have some …positive ones, Lost Ark and BDO…both heavy P2W games! :slight_smile:

They do make good games…for their markets ( Asia mainly ) and sometimes, just sometimes … some are actually good for EU/NA too.

We shall see!

Yeah i’ll definitely play it if it turns out good.
But any MMO made in Korea, i’m very skeptical of.
Lost Ark is also slowly dying now
And it’s the exact same reason for why SL did so bad. It’s a job to keep up in Lost Ark, unless you swipe that :credit_card:

There is only BDO, and i suspect it’s mainly due to it’s unique combat and open world.

1 Like

I do love an MMO, but after watching the trailer, I have no idea what the game is about, and so am not at all invested in finding out.

Give me a good narrative, a nice story and feel for the world, and I’m in. This trailer didn’t do that.

1 Like

Anything with that lost ark arcade style snappy stiff combat kills the vibes, can’t get into it. Animations and combat need to be smooth, have momentum, better transitioning. It’s too rapid and dry, like a machine that hasn’t been oiled in years with some broken gears. Huge turn off. Forced myself to play lost ark for a few hours, every time it was a forced 20 minutes after which I logged out of frustration. Not to mention the insane candy store ui with all the icons it had.

I don’t get it why someone can’t just make a nice mmo that has early 2000’s simple visuals (ui/combat) and gameplay smoothness. Everything is this phone game generation cancer for pc these days. I mean look at something like bad company 2, hardcore mode had zero ui, no weapons ammo crosshairs lifebars nothing on screen, no patches, just pvp, and people played it for years and thousands of hours because it works and is fun. Why can’t someone do that for a mmo?

There’s no need to have a space shuttle cockpit hud fill the screen. Just give make a open world look like red dead 2, have the wow type content for it, and make it play like bad company 2. 3rd person cam option, minimalistic info on screen.
Fine, just gimme $500 mill and I make it…

The most ironic thing about this is how the most mtx driven games always have the most combat effects, so you literally can never even see wtf your char looks like unless you stop out of combat and pose somewhere. You’re just a tiny blur on screen and yet your goal is to get a certain look for your character. Also with the no ui design is better for immersion, and more satisfying to beat foes based on real skill, reading ques and interacting with the environment.

You can’t. I mean look at Star Citizen, LOL.

Joke aside, I am too a …classic when it comes to games, but it seems we are starting to be in minority here.

Having said that, I do like the combat animation in TL and the Open World, because it is an Open World game.

wow is p2w already. and noobs every pay monthly abo + extrem overpriced full game primes for each fail-pack.
even warframe is much better because you dont have to play it non stop and dont miss most stuff.

Not gonna kill anyone with that name.
This just looks like pretty much any other action combat mmo.

2 Likes

Thought it would be an alternative to Aion Classic, but gradually lost interest. It will be P2W for sure, but also I have a feeling it will be half-arsed.

Only WoW can kill itself.
It was very much close to doing so for the past few expansions.

Whatever this game is will fade in our memories very soon.

1 Like

There is actually a forum for discussing other games.

It can be found here:

but since you’re not enjoying WoW. If you give it a go and come back and report on that forum how it is, would be interested to hear.

2 Likes

After the countless MMO failures in the recent years and how meh the couple of surviving ones have been I kinda don’t care about any of the upcoming titles. I doubt this game or any other will replace any of my current MMOs (WoW, FFXIV, ESO, GW2) because I don’t see any new MMO being different enough to be worth investing time and money into.

1 Like

Thanks, but is related to WoW.

Hence, if it will kill WoW.

But I do enjoy WoW. Are you serious? I told you few times already. WoW is not DF. DF is an expansion of WoW.

I play WoTLK, still WoW, yes? Good.

Very weak.

but since you ask, nothing will kill wow any time soon. Not even a hater on the internet.

So WoW is DF then?

Mate, if you’re not having a good time it doesn’t mean that other people aren’t

If you’re enjoying Wotlk Classic, good! I wish I had time to go back and relive a great expansion as well. But I’m having a good time in Dragonflight.

2 Likes

Saying DF is WoW is …pathetic. DF is an expansion of … barely 5 new zones and some other “QoL”. Did you opened the map to actually see what WoW is?

Nice graphics, makes me think a bit of new world.

It will not kill WoW though, WoW will remain because it always succeeds to appeal to at the very least a core audience with some common personal traits.

Yes, but its the current rendition of the game. The game for the next 22 months or so is Dragon Flight. That’s where the game is happening at the moment.

Anyway, enjoy Classic. See you in 2 years for whatever expansion we have next.

1 Like

ignoring your racist scaly tail

Once a Furback, always a Furback!
Asmodae foreveeeeer!!!