New narrative designer :)

twitter com/MesaanaSedai/status/1366490244699148288

Do you want to know her previous occupation? Diablo 3 editor

previous work:
RIOT
Bioware

5 Likes

It’s a company. Blizzard is wroten but not because you are a political snowflake. That’s on you. I would say thinks like WC 3 Reforged, banning Blitzchung, closing Paris, firing more and more people, having Bobby has their CEO etc. are the real problems.
Blizzard became a regular, greedy company.

Everything a company does is for their public image (and profits). Snowflakes like you will call everything political if you disagree. That’s literally it.

No idea about this person. They need new writers, that’s for sure. If I would like her work? No idea, at all.

Bye snowflake.

11 Likes

Blizzard hires “writers” who are politically active on Twitter

“no you can’t talk about that and be worried they’re going to integrate that into the storyline”.

I say there’s every right to be worried.

I think you’re naive.

4 Likes

Glorious, can’t wait until the Horde is turned into a superior gay communist utopia

Broke: Warchief
Woke: Horde Council
Bespoke: SUPREME SOVIET OF THE PEOPLE’S REPUBLIC OF THE HORDE

And I guess the Alliance should guillotine Anduin too for good measure, no kings no masters

3 Likes

Can you post more sources to your claims? Why do I have to look up for it myself?

1 Like

Can we actually see some proper works this person has done before we start lambasting her with critique? It’s not an unknown concept that controversial people have taken part in creative departments before.

Rather judge by portfolio rather than twitter status
 :roll_eyes:

Any links would be nice?

5 Likes

As we don’t know her work, it’s pretty useless to criticise it right now.
Maybe she will save WoW from this sh*thole the lore became since the end of Legion.

But I saw “She/Her” in her twitter bio.
Oh hell no.
Everything ain’t about political but being worried about a whole WoW book about trans identity and sexuality in Azeroth and all is legit.

Her name is Diandra Lasrado and if she has written anything original I couldn’t find it on my first cursory glance. Seems like she was mostly a story editor before. So yeah, probably not going to save the story.

4 Likes

That’d be incredibly based
Where are my gay orc warrior brotherhoods

2 Likes

With their muscled body covered in oil, and their leather bondage armors

Oouh :hot_face:

“I’ll show you who’s the boss of this Azeroth.” - Garrosh Hellscream, circa 30 ADP

I sure as hell hope I can live long enough to see hiring politically engaged people be the main “problem” with Blizzard’s politics. Last time I checked they were banning Blitzchung and mass firing employees

6 Likes

It doesn’t have to be “the main problem with their politics” to be the main problem with their politics you have something to say about. Their company politics and e-sport stuff just don’t affect me as much as the WoW story they put out does. No matter if they are the devil incarnate, or if they are saints in their everyday lifes, that doesn’t necessarily affect concerns about the story in the least.

That said
 I don’t think politics are anywhere near the top of their writing issues. Yes, I think there is some amount of “wokeism” going around in Blizzard (like in most big corporations). Yes, I do think that tends to affect the writing in an undesireable way. But that’s just icing on the :poop:-cake that is Blizzard’s writing.

5 Likes

I mean, she’s just one of the designers, so she shouldn’t be in charge of anything. So I personally don’t see what the big deal is.

Which parts of Blizzard’s writing do you think are the result of supposed rise of “wokeism” within the company ? Genuine question here.
Personally I must say that some of the things that bother me in the writing of WoW precisely fall under eurocentrism and other very unwoke things

I really don’t know. All I said was that I do think it tends to have a negative influence, where it has one. As I said, I don’t think it is a problem in WoW’s writing, since the negative effect would be miniscule in comparison to the glaring faults they already have.

But if I had to guess

Anduin’s prominent position was probably influenced by Golden’s politics. She herself highlighted him as an example of the non-toxicly masculine role model, and since then we saw more and more of him, and his moral superiority. I would argue that this hurt the story quite a bit, but that’s a topic for another thread.
On a more positive note, I would guess that Saurfang’s BfA story was an attempt to deconstruct the toxicity of warrior culture, which could well have been proposed for ideological reasons. Saurfang’s ideas of honor were torn to shreds, and in the end he bowed to a more universalist approach to morality. I just felt that it actually fit the story in this case, so I was mostly content with that one.
Most strongly I feel that it is present in comments from the devs that just proclaim that skincolor racism, mediveal sexism and so forth just aren’t a thing in their world. These might not exactly impact the story, but they surely impact the game world. I certainly cannot imagine them saying something like that 15 years ago, and I do think comments like that are made solely to avoid problems with irl identity politics.

But really
 this is guesswork. I can’t read the devs’ minds. And even more, I know I am biased here. If you aren’t seeing the pattern I suspect, you probably won’t be after I throw the gay spies and the trans angels (you were already expecting) at you, either. WoW just is too messed up, and ideology can’t explain very much of their incompetence. This is not the property to criticize “wokeism” over.

4 Likes

Not knowing someone is simply not knowing someone.
Stop being such snowflakes.

Wouldn’t this be at least a much funnier story than Baine’s plot?
Whoever thinks a single writer of Blizzard is a communist or writes something like it in to the story has some real issues.

2 Likes

I remember the Betrayal questline in Azshara back in Classic. This is what the orc quest-giver said:

“Betraying, thieving woman! That’s what I call her–that’s all she’ll ever be!”

“I may have made a grave mistake. I trusted a blood elf. What’s worse, I trusted a woman!”

Upon completing the questline and bringing him her head:

“HAHA! Look at you now, pathetic woman! I spit on your remains!”

I’m surprised they didn’t remove that questline by now.

1 Like

I do see where you want to go with Anduin. Now I think it’s difficult to say whether this direction was chosen out of an actual ideological agenda or just because they felt the need to build a countermodel to Varian.

As for Saurfang
 doesn’t he just represent the “muh honor” faction people often mock as opposed to the more warlike, less aware of the race’s past mistakes Orcs ?

Anyway. I guess you’re right when you say that this all likely comes down to our own political tendencies. What I mainly retain from this thread is that none of us seems to be very confident about what’s to come in terms of writing and char dev LMAO

Now I can say that Blizzard have burned down Teldrassil, because Blizzard story writers are women haters! :smirk:

Like Night Elves is a race of strong independent woman warriors. And this is the only playable race that is always being beaten everywhere. The only race that was almost wiped out by strong muscular male orcs.
And when the time comes for revenge, they fight against Delaryn, Sira and Sylvanas, other woman warriors

Now everything make sense! :joy:

1 Like