New Players in WoW | TOXIC

thanks for all the replys. its really interesting how everybody is thinking about this :slight_smile:

3 Likes

For me it’s CRZ and grouping, before this people built up a reputation on the realm they played and those who behaved in a toxic manner would soon find that they could not find people to group with.

And before anybody says go play Classic, tried it didn’t like it, came back to retail :wink:

This exact thing is why, as a newer player, I have a nearly max level tank yet have never had the courage to press the “dungeon finder” button.

I spend all my time in this game, and want to learn how to be the best player I can be, but I’m sorry, I just don’t find it “character building” to have to wade through toxicity from people that have been playing for years to get better, when this is what I do to have fun.

There’s also the big issue that there’s no where a solo player can learn how to tank or heal efficiently. I think if we had to learn how to triage heal, or how to taunt, as part of levelling then people would be a lot more equipped when they go and run with other players for the first time.

1 Like

just buy a SL level 60 boost u dont have to watch all drama in dungon finders …

That’s the rub. The toxic players expect all the tanks and healers to know how it’s done and to know the ins and outs of every dungeon encounter.
They have no patience or understanding when it comes to people stepping out of their usual role.

If you’re out there looking to practice, look me up, give me a shout and I may be able to tag along. I can come do naff DPS and take some of the toxic flack off you. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

So many delusional players blame toxic behavour on players when fact is players just follow and behave based on game desing and game systems. Problem is not player behaviour. Problem are systems what shape player behaviour.

LFG/LFR - why would anyone waste their time teaching or dealing with new player when they can instanly kick out new player and instantly get replacement for him? Path of resiatance in this situstion is kicking new player out. So majority of people do just that.

This is just nature of automated and covinient systems and nothing els. If you would have to put time into forming group, have travel time and actual challenge in those dungeons people would stick with their group for entire dungeon despite new guy being bad. Becouse amounth of effort what would take to find new guy would be just too much. So path of least resistance is to keep bad player and deal with him by teaching him or carry him.

Players become disposable and in lot of situstions other players actualy become your enemy as game is so solo friendly that other players actualy waste your time becouse they kill something what you could kill. Like rares in maechagone. Maybe game should tune down on coviniece and solo friendly enviroment to reduce amounth of toxiciy withing the game.

3 Likes

I mean if you aren’t living in a bubble irl then you should have already met these people and shouldnt be a big problem when you encounter them in the game either.

1 Like

It’s definitely not wow exclusive. Playing some SWtor atm, they have Flashpoints which are basically dungeons. First time I join I get told I am useless, to low level and should not que for these. They leave and get replaced instantly. The next two players had zero issues with me and another newb completing.

It’s definitely not wow community alone, it is a gamer mentality. People think because they anonymous that they get away with acting certain way and forget fun in basic interaction and slowly discovering. Now they got theirs.

In any game now ignore function exists and very powerful, no harm in pre-emptive adding players who start to act edgy or sometimes just find something better… Or my favourite - troll them back by being super naive and nice lol.

I have never thought that standard 5 man dungeons should need a tutorial to play. They are very often at the end of a quest line and should be open to all. There is no need for groups to be high handed. I can understand high keys or raids needing learning but not 5 man. (or woman)

When I started to play this game in 2006, there was a Stratholme dungeon run with fellow guild mates, also from the same country.
I remember when the grp leader kicked me out for no reason in the middle of the dungeon, I asked him = no answer. Then I asked an other person in the party what’s wrong? She did not know, the guy just an idiot.

And you are able to find this toxic, socially poor people everywhere. Sadly they exist…

Hey, OP good to see your post back.

1 Like

New players ?

Is this some sort of meme or joke ?

There are no new players, Blizzard know that and have re worked the game to pander to old players that are bored with doing the same old stuff over and over to level an alt.

As for toxic comment as described by the OP. These are nothing new and have been in WoW since day one.

I started playing not that long ago. And i have only had a few truly toxic runs. I found out people have much more patience in general if you announce you’re new.
Especially when i started tanking. That little one line saved me tons of salt thrown at me.

And people are more likely to vote kick the abuser instead of you if you do that.
The community can be nice and helpful if you just make it clear you’re new.

I think it comes down to most of the playerbase are just leveling in LFD, they done it a thousand times it’s just on autopilot for them. Their patience has just run out.

How the hell did a thread 2 years old not automatically get closed?

Because it is a month old :stuck_out_tongue: And got necro’ed after 26 days.

Needs to hit that magic 30 days with out a reply. So they kind of got in before lock there. Sneaky

Oh, well. I thought Sep 18 meant it was from september 2018, lmao.

Topics imported from the old system don’t seem to autolock after thirty days, but the auto lock is 30 days after the last reply, not after the start of the topic :wink:

Well, since it got necroed, does anyone have a good recipe for meal prep?

Something that freezes well please.

No, i got salmon and veggies and some spicies today :smile: And in this terrible world i have to make it myself. Where is my cook!?