New pvp gearing system was badly implemented

Primarily the fact that you can upgrade ALL you of gear once you achieve a certain rating threshold. It’s creating a massive gap in power between pvpers while climbing and just makes climbing a lot harder than it ever used to be. I think it was implemented a lot better back when all conquest gear was equal and you were able to get weapon at 1.8k rating and shoulders at 2.1 or 2.2k rating (can’t remember which exactly). More experienced players and players who got a lot of free time managed to get their gear faster than other players but eventually other players got the chance to catchup in gear and give climbing a real go since everyone was equal in power since all that was left was to focus on getting better at pvp. That’s not even mentioning boosters because we all know that’s a massive issue that’s hurting most of the community that plays the game normally.

I’m recently noticing that I’m starting to have a hard time finding partners to play with at around 1.7k cr during peak times so it’s either people got sick of it and quit (I know a few that did) or they bought a boost to get all their gear and now they have nothing else to play for (I know a few that did that too).

Such a shame really classes feel much better this expansion than last one but it’s kind of hard to get into the game when I feel like I’m sitting in LFG looking for someone to play with more so than actually playing the game.

3 Likes

They said they’re considering returning to the WoD gearing system.

They will introduce system, where PvP gear will scale in PvP combat. It won’t solve issues with fact that casual players/non meta classes won’t be able to get higher ilvl gear because rated arenas will be flooded with Meta teams. And if balance won’t change it will be same issues like now, where gap between meta and decently balanced non meta classes is gust huge, not to mention that we have classes/specs that are utterly broken in the bad way.

With such balance and Meta issues we need old gearing system like this, without upgrates that is tied for rating.

Thing is even if they wanted to go back to wod pvp system when are they actually going to do it? Next expanison? I definitely won’t be playing the game that long with how things are right now. I’m having fun trying out different classes and specs right now but the end game right now doesn’t look interesting and won’t keep me subbed for long.

Personally I don’t want pvp scaling to ever come back I just want the old pvp gearing system with honor/conquest they had from bc all the way to wod.

Meanwhile im here waiting for them to realize MOP pvp gear was and will always be the best system.

MoP gear system was same as in Cara/WotLK. It just added crafted gear to the mix as entry level peace of Ilvl and pvp power/res.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.