New pvp talents!

https://ptr.wowhead.com/news/datamined-class-patch-notes-9-1-ptr-build-38549-class-tuning-new-legendaries-pvp-322174

NEW Blood Moon - Consume Magic now affects all enemies within 8 yards of the target.
Spectral Sight allows you to slip into the shadows while standing still.

NEW Tranquilizing Darts - Interrupting or removing effects with Tranquilizing Shot and [Muzzle][Counter Shot] releases 8 darts at nearby enemies, each reducing the duration of a beneficial Magic effect by 4 sec.

NEW Judgments of the Pure - Casting Judgment on an enemy cleanses 1 Poison, Disease, and Magic effect they have caused on allies within your Aura.

Greater Heal - An exceptional spell that heals an ally for 65% of their maximum health, ignoring any healing reduction effects.
Cooldown changed from 15 sec cooldown to 12 sec cooldown

i really have no words, surely that greater heal change cant also include dampening

Hm, nice DK changes. Kekw

4 Likes

WTF BUFF UNHOLY FFS. All these changes yet Unholy remains in the dirt? Like what the actual F?

4 Likes

They buffed boomkins and paladins, figures, most underpowered classes. And greater heal, dont have words. What next holy shock and healing surge ignoring 50% healing reduction?

holy diver

time to reroll ret, those buffs are just absurdly broken, who the heck designs pvp there, alzheimer patients?

2 Likes

They are removing the ms ignore talent from prayer of mending, so an instant with low cd to a casted heal. PoM is important for holy.
They are also nerfing the talent miracle worker, which is another common talent for holy to pick.

Nice nonexistent dk changes :slight_smile:
That ret changes tho, I am glad I decided to reroll lol.

I look forward to picking Inner Light and Darkness and then only ever using Inner Darkness because the second that you have to cast Shadow Mend you’ve already lost.

Ultimate Radiance nerf is kinda big though.

With the radiance nerf and atonement healing nerfed, and the changes to hpriest, I’m betting hpriest will rule next season in 2v2, kinda like now.
That miracle worker nerf is kinda negligible, a bit more of a need to hard cast more often, but since it’s about reducing the CDs as hpriest since one spell reduces the cd of another spell and so on, on top of the 65% heal, a lot of classes will find it hard to kill anything through all of that, on top of their offensive utility.

Dunno about 3v3 since there’s much less room to be hard casting, but in a wizardcleave they’ll probably work just fine. And it’s not like the prayer of mending won’t heal for anything, so the change to that talent will probably work just fine when you play comps other than wizardcleaves.

nice palas get auto dispel and and a battle rez in arena xD

who’d ever thought they can make stuff worse lul

1 Like

The aoe consume magic talent looks really annoying vs. some comps tbh. It’s nice that they’re moving some of the instant damage from the hunt into the dot damage instead though, to even it out a bit and reduce the oneshot potential. It’ll still hit like a truck though.

The change to wailing arrow is gonna be annoying though, it’ll basically push hunters into running mythic raids just to get that damn bow from sylvanas (or simply p2w to get it).
Even though the cd is nerfed to 1 minute from 30 seconds, it’ll still be a major pain in PvP. Is this BFA all over again, with PvE gear overtaking PvP gear?

it is doubling down on the boosting complaints to increase boosting instead of reducing it :smiley:

Does that bow only drops in mythic? If it is so that’s a big yikes. Maybe they will disable it in pvp? :thinking: :thinking:

Who said anything about that? But when you get PvE gear to PvP, you obviously go for the highest ilvl you can possibly get.

The problem is the silence effect it provides, which can decide games with that extra CC chain.

no it drops on all difficulties, but of course you wanted the highest ilvl, especially on weapon.

Just remember the bow from nyaloatha, in the end every hunter used the heroic weapon at least. Even though it was 15 ilvl below the mythic version, it was still much better than the pvp weapon

1 Like

Well you mentioned mythic raid so it’s why assumed it in that way, didn’t think in a way to get highest ilvl my bad. Yeah I agree, it is a absurd and game changer item for sure and again reintroduces bfa design to do pve for pvp again :pensive:

Hunters are getting even stronger anti-wizard tools though, with the tranq shot PvP talent. Imagine playing as an rdruid against that, you’ll run out of mana so much faster because of the insane duration reduction on hots. If it doesn’t hit the target that got purged, then at least strict positioning away from each other will help, or if you play a comp where nobody casts anything.

But imagine the hell in RBGs, hots are gonna fall off crazy fast.

It was buffed by 20%.

Not in those notes. If it’s a baseline buff in previous ptr patch notes then it makes more sense, yeah.

It is in those notes. Go to Player versus Player, then Priest, then Discipline, then look at the last item on the list.

I’ll even copy paste it because I’m nice.

“Atonement’s damage to healing transfer has been increased by 20% in PvP combat.”

After all this time you still can’t either say that you are wrong or simply verify information, your first and immediate response has to be “no you wrong me right”. Sigh.

As a clarification regarding the buff, it’s here to offset the change of Trinity, effectively giving Disc the increased healing always without having to sacrifice a talent for it, as Disc has a lot of powerful, and important, talents, especially with the new one.