New Rogue PvP talent in 10.1 is exactly what's wrong with the game

Blizzard devs design new spells like they absolutely have 0 idea about the state of the game or meta. I get it - they try to design something that fits class fantasy but who the hell thought that Rogue needs undispellable Bubble. If something is wrong with Rogue since SL it’s overtuned survivability. That’s exactly why Outlaw was broken. Do we want to be back there?

What’s more it’s again an immunity. Can we get some proactive abilities? Example - let’s say a Monk ability - Counter Punch. Next meele ability used against you will no damage and player attacking you will get stunned for 3 sec. Your next 3 attacks deal 20% more dmg. This creates mind games, outplay opportunity and makes the game more interesting than another immunity to dmg.

Another example Master Shapeshifter for everyone else than Resto Druid. Why would Balance Druid ever go in meele range to deal some damage in Cat Form. It’s not going to happen.

26 Likes

You think Rogue survivability right now is broken? They seem pretty weak/average to me.
Are the talents that made outlaw survivability so good even around now?

Cloaked in shadows is imo dumb design though but so is tons of stuff.

Guess im tired. Lol we have 2 evasions? If they want shorter cds just make them shorter

2 Likes

Wait , rogues are getting an undispelable bubble in 10.1 ? lmao

1 Like

yes, rogues will lose a ton of utility with the CC reductions, and instead gain survivability. It’s all in the big plan of turning them into another “warrior” type class, more homogenisation, every meele spec will feel the same to play except for the animations and spell/attack icons.

5 Likes

To be fair overall Rogue has some of the best defensive CDs and tools overall. The best if you don’t count Ret because Ret is in it’s own league.

Rogue was meant to be high risk - high reward spec but since SL risk aspect is gone. Of course it’s not as good as broken specs now but I don’t think that adding even more def CDs to Rogue is what the game needs now especially if it’s immunity. I’d love to see more PvP oriented designs especially if it’s a PvP talent. Especially more pro-active stuff making you predict the oponent move and outplay him this way rather just another. “Oh crap, he pressed x so I press y”.

Rogue already has Cloak, Evasion, Elusiveness (or Cheat Death), Vanish (nowadays mostly used as def) adding another immunity on top of it would really make it hard to find a kill window. If Rogue needs something to be more viable in 10.1 is sustain damage buff on Sub or Outlaw as 10.1 looks like it’s going to be a dampening season. In good hands Rogue truely feels unkillable. It needs better execution than for sure though.

Regarding Outlaw my friend I was talking on what it made so opressive in SL. It was dampen RMP because nothing was dying. Right now Outlaw is rather on weaker end.

3 Likes

Rogues defensive CDs are NOT the problem. Low survivability outside CDs mixed with low sustained dmg is. Rogues cant kill stuff anymore.

Swing in a miss.

And this includes the 3% nerf to ret damage we just got. 3% is not solving anything. Guess those 200k crits are gonna be much more balanced at 194k. :clown_face:

1 Like

This is funny, because with all the CC they keep giving arms warriors, it feels like they are turning arms into an oldschool TBC combat rogue.

1 Like

But Rogues besides Outlaw are not meant to be brawlers. They are meant to risk and go in for a go and then play defensive in a downtime. The only two real brawlers this expansion are Arms and now Ret. Even DH, WW, Enha or DKs don’t brawl. Frost DK is literally making a go and then kiting for a minute.

2 Likes

I think Rogue design in general is broken and a meta without rogue is a good meta!

6 Likes

Yeah you don’t wanna have a class that can control no brain zug zugs.

1 Like

You think rogue comps aren’t zug zug? Haven’t you watched AWC during SL?

Watch for Kungarna versus Kawhi. How often did the rogues drop their target to play defensively? How often did they reset and planed their new setup?

Rogue has mostly become a Zug Zug class and the new talent does make it even more worse!

2 Likes

Mate, ZUG ZUG

Rogue is bird brain zug zug.

But they don’t have to create a melee cleave meta! I am just fine with anything as long as rogues and mages, especially frost, are somewhere in c tier, max b tier! :wink:

2 Likes

I agree with you!

You keep infiltrating rogue posts to tell people that rogue needs more nerfs, is OP, or is a degenerate class.

We get it, you hate rogue, but stop pushing your own agenda when data shows rogues are doing poorly.

2 Likes

This new talent is not an immunity tho.

It is a pvp talent slot for basically dwarf racial. There has been some clarification on how it works, it will remove existing physical effects (mostly bleeds), but they can still be reapplied.

Didn’t like the sound of it at first as well, but with the info above and the fact it takes a pvp slot, it doesn’t seem like a big deal.

1 Like

This. Most rogues will most likely not take it. Perhaps sub as it gives them better resets, but rogues generally prefer pvp talents that can secure the kill, because we have plenty of ways to reset the fight if we need to.

Its not really an immunity, can still stormbolt, pet stun, cs etc.
Though the idea seems imo a bad one. Mostly affects melee cleaves.

Considering that rogues the kill target in most games, I think at least in recent meta their defensives compared to others are quite meh.

Outlaw was busted due to cdr on all its defensives.

1 Like

Ok then, now it sounds more reasonable. So what I believe it’s purpose is to remove bleeds and allow Rogues to restealth.

Are you sure? As there was some 100% Evasion component. If that’s true it’s not as big of a deal I thought.

Yes but the end result was that you had no kill opening on him. Adding 1 more CD to stop the kill attempt would give the same result achieved diffetent way.

But yeah. Blizzard isn’t the best at describing spells in tooltips.

I disagree, but based on personal experience. The fact that we can use shadowstep on friendly target means we have an insane amount of mobility combined with lots of stuns and slows.

The only melee class I cant reliably play this game with is arms warrior that seem to just straight up 1up rogues. Disarm them? They disarm you. You stun them, they trinket and spear you, now you can only use evasion to get out of damage in spear, once evasion is done, they stun you to spin, you trinket and now you both have mostly used your CDs except arms have defences up, has higher survivability and more damage + execute window, and if you try to flee, they have 2 charges and a leap to catch up with you.

For me, I think what rogues need is dangerous single target damage and no cleave, but make us squishy if we get caught, as is. And arms warrior needs reduced CC or reduced mobility, them having both makes them almost an oldschool combat rogue.

My main problem right now is meaningless damage. Im assassinating targets with spoons.

2 Likes