New server connections, incoming!

Hey all, this is a neighbour from the Moonglade/Steamwheedle Cartel/The Sha’tar RP cluster.

Blizzard has confirmed that new server mergers are incoming! It is not confirmed which servers are being connected yet. But I hope it can bring hope to people here, as it has to me.

Right now there are 4 roleplay realm (clusters). Your combination of 2. My cluster. The Defias Brotherhood cluster of 5 realms. And Argent Dawn. Argent Dawn is currently marked as “Full”. It is unlikely to get any connections. If a connection is indeed incoming, it is likely between our realms, and possibly with the Defias cluster. Potentially even both.

I argued for the merger between our 5 realms 7 years ago when we were first getting connected realms, arguing that it would be the only way to create a viable alternative to Argent Dawn that wouldn’t just bleed out again, but Blizzard replied that they feared it might get too full and end up with queues. Unfortunately, the bleeding out is what has happened.

I for one, would be very pleased to finally join hands with you. And at this point, I would also be very happy if we could get the Defias cluster in on the mix, as some folks are suggesting. Really build up a viable RP realm that can stand the test of time. The RP that remains on my realm is pretty much just guild-focused. I would be happy to see public RP occurring again, to meet people out there spontaneously.

So yeah, I am very excited at the possibilities!

12 Likes

Looking forward to it, long awaited change (i hope).

3 Likes

A very exciting time indeed, it’s been a long time since we had any server mergers of any kind and if this does go through it’d be cool to combine all our strength to finally pull some proper population numbers!

Been a while since I interacted with the Hand and I look forward to possibly (hopefully) roleplaying together again!

-Ganon/Regenold/Zarcoz

2 Likes

If we do indeed get merged, then welcome to you new-friends! You and I specifically have ran into each other a few times over the years through cross realm zones; be it with the old Outriders, or the younger Bladewolf Raiders.

Over on blue side however, my humble little gaggle the Stormeagle Vanguard look forth to giving more people in-roads to our now traditional open battle events.

Look forward to seeing everyone if we do, making new bridges and getting good old collaborative storytelling going!

2 Likes

Hey there, does anyone know the update status of this and if/when this is happening? It would be great if this could happen soon as DMF has been empty since WoD

They don’t give notification far in advance unfortunately Bilbean. At this point we can be happy if we know 5 days in advance.

Part of this is because these things are difficult and hard to plan out, because they are prone to difficulties. They’ve tried merging other language realms already over the past months and US realms, but they ran into problems. Most mergers didn’t work. A German one did, but apparently ran into huge problems with their auction house, and some guilds being deleted.

The good news is that Blizz seems to have overcome their problems, merging 4 US realms yesterday. Assuming they’ll catch up on the trouble they’ve suffered, we should be seeing more incoming EU mergers soon. Us hopefully among them!

So happy this is finally happening. Was on ER from about 2007-2017 or so before moving to Argent Dawn. I’d happily move my main back to ER as all my alts from back then are still on it.

I really hope they just merge all of the smaller RP realms into one big realm similarly to how they did the RP-PvP realms like Defias Brotherhood et al.

Argent Dawn is obviously in a league of its own in terms of population but Earthen Ring, Darkmoon Fiare, Moonglade, Steamwheedle Cartel and The Sha’tar should all be merged imo. Let’s hope.

1 Like

Every time I see news about a new connection, I hope it’s this, but it never is. I really hope it’s on their radar, we desperately need it at this point.

1 Like

Still waiting for this. Hope we get connected soon!

https://eu.battle.net/support/en/article/breaking/20943363

The realms listed below will be offline on Wednesday, 9th September, from 21:00 until 05:00 (CEST) for scheduled maintenance. Thank you for your patience.

• Bloodfeather, Burning Steppes, Darkspear, Executus, Kor’gall, Saurfang, Shattered Hand, Terokkar
  • Deathwing, Dragonblight, Ghostlands, Karazhan, Lightning’s Blade, The Maelstrom
  • Darkmoon Faire, Defias Brotherhood, Earthen Ring, Ravenholdt, Scarshield Legion, Sporeggar, The Venture Co

It’s happening?!

1 Like

It’s happening!! I saw this earlier in a thread in General Discussion. Very excited, but I’m a bit surprised we’re getting connected to the Defias gang of servers, and not the Sha’tar group. I’m guessing the latter might be added in later.

1 Like

I really hope so. It’s going to be a huge punch to the gut for me if Moonglade/Streamwheedle/Sha’tar ends up not getting connections. D:

Huh, I would have had us down for a merge with the Moonglade gang. Interesting times…

While I’m hopeful due to the implication that a connection is likely coming. However until they actually announce the connections, I’m keeping my expectations tempered.

Sorry Anroka , Blizz decide to put with the RP pvp server cluster instead. Shame really , i thought DM and ER had more in common with Sha’tar /moonglade/Steam wheedle.

Maybe blizz are going to merge all RP together so there is technically 2 big RP servers in total ?

It is completely and utterly nuts that they merge us with rp-pvp rather than with other plain rp realms who also need the influx. I’m really really disappointed and sadly yet again confirmed in the impression that they just don’t give a damn about what their users on rp realms actually want.

Is there any info about WHY they chose this direction instead? And how the merge with rp-pvp will affect the rp-pve ruleset?

1 Like

There are no longer PVP realms as of BfA and War Mode, so technically now Defias and co are all RP realms like ER/DMF.

Must say it is a shame, while i’m unsure of the community on the former pvp/rp realms I do know they still have a large player base mostly interested in PVP, which, while it may save our economy and PVE/PVP scene, I doubt it’d do much for us in terms of RP.

Hopefully they plan to toss the Sha’Tar/Glade/Cartel Cluster in with us afterward!

1 Like

Ah, good to know. I haven’t even touched the war mode thingermegim, so really don’t know anything about what it does etc. Thanks for the info :slight_smile:

But yeah then there’s what Zarcoz mentions, the actual communities themselves. I really really hope it won’t turn for the worse and that we can just let each other do our thing and coexist (naive hope I know).

• The Darkmoon Faire and Earthen Ring realms will join the Defias Brotherhood, Ravenholdt, Scarshield Legion, Sporeggar, and The Venture Co realms.