New spec to demon hunter

Valla from diablo is a ranged attacking demon hunter.
Why can’t we have a ranged dps spec as demon hunter? :slight_smile:

8 Likes

there are several implications that blizzard dont want to add any more classes/Speccs to the game.

One of which (i think is the strongest one)

“We have found 36 speccs is too difficult to balance”

now if this is holding some truth and simply the people behind balancing are unable to split their attention to the quantity of options in the game. i think its unlikely they’ll add to the number… unless their condensing speccs first to begin with.

also ontop ofg this while they share class name… Demon hunters in Diablo arent really the same thing as Demon hunters in WoW

when i say condense i mean for example, classes with multiple speccs of the Same playstyle being morphed into one

For example, Mages and Rogues becoming 1 large DPS Class instead of 3 Speccs, Warriors Arms and Fury becoming 1 option etc etc.

i cant see them doing this as i think it’d cause one hell of a backlash. so my personal bets is… they just arent really gonna make the class / specc pool any larger

1 Like

Yea I get what you mean… If thats the case then its pretty sad… Blizzard is making a lot of money on this game alone, so I think they could do it if they wanted to…

I still think we need 1 more spec/class with a ranged weapon with bows/guns/crossbows… Would be perfect with a ranged dps demon hunter :slight_smile:

Same goes with the “mail” classes… 1 more would be perfect

1 Like

How about a healing spec? we need healers in this game

2 Likes

Yeah, I want to throw … *checks notes* - fel fire … at friendlies

4 Likes

Throw glaives and eyebeam people it will sure help them!

1 Like

So you’ll fel rush to your group members, demon bite them, chaos strike them, fel barrage them, and they heal instead of get damage.

There, healing spec done

1 Like

exactly. we don’t need more buttons as DH, just a healing spec

2 Likes

if demon hunter were to get another spec it should be a mage like spec with fel magic I think.

1 Like

But that is basicaly warlock, i think dh need another melee spec even rogue has 3 melee specs but dh has atleast tank spec available and with this it could be 2 dps+1tank spec.Im thinking something along the lines of 2h dps dh but not in leather armor.It should be plate armor+less mobility spec with heavy hitting slow atacks that you build up.

1 Like

I don’t think we need another melee spec, i wouldn’t say no to some kind of range or healing spec though:)

If blizzard could come up with some fantasy for demon hunter healing that works that would be awsome.

2 Likes

I would absolutely love a healing spec. We already rip the souls out of our enemies to heal ourselves, so I’m sure something could be done with that to heal allies.
Mechanically, I’m not sure how to do it. Maybe something along the lines of melee discipline? Or a discipline/mistweaver hybrid?
Thematically, I would love it to be just really quite nasty and unpleasant, where whoever we’re healing would almost be like “um, I honestly think I’d rather stay stabbed, thanks…”

3 Likes

So you say his suggestion would be basicly Warlock, but then you suggest what is basicly Arms Warrior, or DK.

1 Like

Healing seems a bit off theme for a DH, not saying they couldn’t make it work but feels unlikely.

However, I think a ranged DPS caster could fit well on a DH. As we know DHs consume the soul of demons they slay and get their powers, and considering demons are different and some of them cast a lot of magic, it would fit.

Their demon form could be skinnier, kinda like the Satyr but unique. When they transformed into demon they could stay hovering for the duration casting spells from up there, similar to the Rain from Above talent, but with the normal spells instead of Fel Lance, hovering for longer but not as high. The dash could be a blink similar to the one Mages have. As for the spells themselves, idk, I guess they would feel similar to Affliction Warlock, but I guess there would be room to make something a bit different, more bursty instead of DoT. Maybe they could even borrow some inspiration from the old Demo Warlock, and the old Demo Lock players could have, in a way, their old spec back.

What do you think?

P.S. No, the idea is not based on my desires, I don’t really like playing casters tbh, but when I saw the question I started thinking about what would make sense that would also be different from the current specs.

1 Like

What about a spec that’s hybrid between melee and ranged, it could be much weaker in melee than havoc but have much better ranged capabilities with throwing glaives and ranged fel/fire magic?

It wouldn’t have access to strong melee fury dumps like chaos strike but could use weaker abilities like demons bite.

the glaives could be ornamental in combat like monk weapons while casting fel/fire magics.

2 Likes

I thought about that too, but I don’t know how that would work.

1 Like

There is a ranged Demon Hunter in wow lore his name is Ace Hunter Kreen. He has a bow and shoot fel arrows.

5 Likes

better yet, just make it passive. When the DH does damage, that damage translates into healing for nearby (30 yds) allies. No need for an extra spec so no balancing issues. Boom. Fixed

1 Like

maybe a sign of things to come? :slight_smile:

1 Like

I think that goes against concept of healer,like you are basicaly dps and healing is passive to the group it would be too broken and basicaly you could stack 10 healing dhs in mythic raid and get free kills.

2 Likes