New SPECS would be more interesting than new CLASSES

We already have a lot of classes. Expanding on the current classes would be far easier and could be more interesting.
I’d even argue we’d rather ought to refine the specs that are already there, given how butchered many of them were in the past 2 or 3 expansions. :thinking:

This could also be an opportunity to please ALL hunter players:
Keep melee Survival, and bring ranged Survival back. :blush:

They could also keep the “swarm” type Demonology they came up with in Legion, and create a spec that’s more focused on infusing itself with demonic energy.
I for one can see a Warlock spec that has a “demonic bar” that increases the strength of the warlock upon filling up, but at the cost of something. Could be a slow health drain, or some form of drawback/debuff if used for too long. :open_mouth:
Rogues could have their ranged specs that they’ve been asking for, with throwing knives or guns, whatever.

Those are just some examples of course, not actual ideas.
Point is, the priority order for classes in this game currently should be :

1. Fix current class design
  2. Come up with new specs
  3. Come up with a new class

:hatching_chick:

6 Likes

-> Struggling hard to balance the 36 actual specs
-> Ask for 1 more spec.
:grinning:

But I also would like to try somethin new, and for warlock why not a “necromancer” thing ?.

1 Like

Which is more reasonable that one more class.
Besides, balance can never be achieved. StarCraft II has only 3 races, they have close to 50% in all MUs and yet the community still complains.
Fun and good design should be goal n°1. We can’t achieve perfect balance. As long as we have decent balance and enjoyable classes, we have all that we need.

Because Death and Demons are two separate things, and demonology already plays like a Necromancer.
You could ask for glyphs, maybe. Or play a Death Knight.

1 Like

Shaman tank ?

5 Likes

Death knight healer.

I still wait for death knight spec that is inspired by first generation of death knights - a ranged spec.

I would not cry about having blood healer as well!

YUSS!!

Shaman tank spec centered heavily around the element of Earth!

2 Likes

Enh shaman - I don’t really like how rng-spammy the spec feels.
Frost DK - For the love of Arthas bring back 2h DK gameplay, it was so much more fun than DW for me. I miss the huge obliterate crits. Also never liked BoS build.

Warrior - Gladiator stance. It was very fun and it needs to come back.
Hunter - An axes/polearm throwing spec, or a spec based around throwing. Or either Dark Ranger/Tinker.
Monk - Blademaster with abilities like Samuro from Hots.
Mage - Timeweaver. A time magic based healing spec.
Paladin - Templar? Basically a spec that’s based around spreading and managing dots that deal holy dmg, kinda similar to unholy dk yet different.
Rogue - Gunslinger. A shadow damage dealing DW gun/crossbow spec. Like Godfrey in Shadowfang Keep.
Priest - Inquisitor. Dps spec based around holy.
Shaman - Earthwarder tank spec.

There’s been a thousand class ideas in the past, so i’ll just pick the one that seemed pretty unique for me. The class based around the Dragons.
Basically:
Red/Green dragonflight = Healing.
Blue dragonflight = Arrow based magic spec, kind of like a hunter who buffs their arrows with magic.
Yellow dragonflight = Melee dps that is based around slowing time to create opportunities, etc. Or
Black dragonflight = Tank.

1 Like

I strongly disagree with classes getting more specs (unless its like DH getting a 3rd and thats it).
But I strongly agree its a lot better than a new class.
That way literally every player gets something new instead of maybe 7% of players.

Nah… Because even if they will add new specs - noone said that everyone should get one. One fitting in this expansion… two in another but everyone at once ? Hell No!

That is what they are doing though?

I’d argue that some extra specs are becoming necessary.

Firstly tanks, it is obvious how every new class had a tank spec for obvious reasons. Adding a shaman one which is already a shield wearing class that had minor tanking abilities makes more sense than making another new class that is surprise, a tank.

Next is addressing specs that were fully removed. Returning ranged survival is just fair to those who mained the spec. I am less inclined to agree with Meta Warlocks, since that was a stolen shtick and current demonology is more in line with the idea, the problem can literally be solved by giving the spec a talent that is a self empowerment buff that changes your main rotation for a bit(think Ascendence for Shamans).

With Frost DKs there is a massive misconception. They for some reason think equipping a 2 handed weapon is somehow a playstyle. Returning bug crit Obliterates is literally just a balance change that could happen if they made it baseline or better than BoS. The weapon ain’t tied to that and is just a balancing issue. I am all for you being able to transmog to 2 handers if you are okay with just reusing animations from Blood/Unholy(that is the biggest reason for locks, animations)

Finally the most important ones, are the Single DPS spec classes. Paladin, Monk, Priest and DH. Lets be honest, as a Healer it is obvious that the majority has no intention to do anything but DPS. And at the same time there is no question the all DPS specs have their highs and lows patch to patch. These classes have no option but to reroll if they don’t want to be bottom of the barrel for months. Some options are obvious, Monks have an easy caster potential, Priest could have a Holy damage spec. The other two while harder could just be slap a ranged weapon on it (Demon HUNTER, it is already in the name).

Every class does not however need another spec.

I for one, currently (kind of) maining frost dk, and I for once have not missed 2h frost as it was never balanced and due that DW/2H issue it was almost always never balanced and performed wrong in raid content or PvP resulting Blizzard messing with it. Also 2H frost felt like arms warrior. It was a mirror of arms warrior - without its own true identity.

Meh. Just give Frost DK (and other specs) a cosmetic option to transmog 2H into 2x1H and be done with it, no?

I and many other Demonology warlocks would like MoP/WoD demo back.

1 Like

You, I, and everyone who played MoP would like MoP class design back.

With a few tweaks, of course. I’m glad second wind is gone for warriors!

1 Like

Why and how? Frost DK-s with two one-handed weapon still used the same abilities as frost DK-s with one two-handed weapon. Wielding a two handed weapon was pretty much only similarity, at least i don’t remember my warrior using frost spells. With that logic frost dk right now feels like outlaw rogue… (of course its not, but there was also nothing similar between them and warriors)

Death knights are already healers. ^^

I look forward to my ranged dps paladin spec :laughing:

1 Like

a warlock CREATED death knights so this argument is invalid