New to AD - Questions & Looking for Community šŸ˜ƒ

Welcome to AD, hope you have a good one during your stay! Everyone has said almost everything very succinctly before me so Iā€™ll just agree with their tips and recommendations!

7 Likes

Only a few guilds at any given time use codified roll systems for D&D style play. Itā€™s pretty niche but asking around is how you find it!

2 Likes

Just to add a little to this, in my experience those that do opt for the whole character sheet style of roleplay, they often use the Dicemaster addon, so any guild mentioning that they make use of that addon might be a good place to start.

1 Like

Nothing the PCU has done in your head is comparable to the vile stuff you spewed.
Honestly impressed you had the cohones to come back here and attempt a grand stand

Oh perfect! Iā€™ve heard about that addon! It appeared a bit overwhelming, but itā€™s goo to know that other people use it. Thanks for the headsup!

1 Like

Nothing to worry about. :slight_smile: Stuff like that exists / happens on all RP-Servers. My questions have been answered without a doubt, and thank you for the recommendation too! Iā€™ll see around to read through your guys guild info.

Once youā€™ve done an event and know how much of itā€™s aspects people use, itā€™s pretty easy.
Once you have a system and points going, youā€™ll roll with it easy.

Get it. Roll with it? Heh heh heh.

2 Likes

Just adding:

Yes, Ghormisa also told people to drink acid.

They still donā€™t think they did no wrong.

All I can answer with certainty is this one and Iā€™ve found the few days Iā€™ve been RPā€™ing here people have been extremely friendly/welcoming.

I have a new player message in my OOC on TRP and Iā€™ve had a lot of nice folk whispering me welcoming me.

Had a lot of people initiate RP with me as well including people who seem very established on the server.

I havenā€™t yet felt excluded or ignored or anything and I hope that continues :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Welcome to the dawn ā€¦ or is it dusk?
BAH! No matter!

You sound very enthused and excited which is very welcoming imho! And with your want for realism and high standards, you will be most welcome by most RPers!

The server does share a lot of history, myself not even being here longer then a year. But so long as you have a chill attitude, roleplay the best you can and just have fun; again most will respect you equal to what you bring! :beers: Like that of an ale in a tavern ā€¦ albeit free and less expensive :clap:

When it comes down to discords and communities, dip into it! And ask questions; every place both ooc and ic has its history - so always good to gauge it by being curious! Most hubs and communities have few or several - so ask for them and you will find places to gather!

In terms of your questions, I think many have been answered; in general I would recommend to find people that share your view on the RP. And just respect those you do not wish to engage with, even if itā€™s hard to consolidate.

And with this ramble; I :ram: away!
And wish you welcome, to Argent donk!
:clap:

4 Likes

I would not care about the constant ooc drama on this server. Somewhere someone always wants to argue, this is the internet after all. In game I had a different experience as most people just want to rp.
What I want to say is donā€™t feel discouraged because some people like to argue, that will always happen in the forums but not so often in game.
In general, Iā€™m glad that you found your way here and hope you will find a place :wink:

wellā€¦if you want to make a vulperaā€¦as an old dm for years and our guild using the addon dicemaster AND recently added Items to our system, I can just say if you want old school travelling and campfire adventure make a nomad :wink:
there are a few more that use dicemaster but since everyone has their own system of using it I just donā€™t know who all does. The Primal Pact, a guild for tribal trolls, use it too but otherwise I dont know though I am sure if you look around here those who do will probably have that said in their guild post.

1 Like

please make a vulperaā€¦you really sound like the type of player we want to venture along^^

We use it in my guild. I was a little hesitant to try it at first but Iā€™ve found it very enjoyable / easy to get around, once itā€™s explained.

Argent Dusk sounds like an edgy band performing in the Plaguelands.

2 Likes

Well. I can assure you most people.

Most being the very very very VERY put up word.

Are quite friendly, and fit right into that niche. Horde more guild specific? Yeah. Though there are, at times, pop ups around the Farstrider Square/Royal Exchange in Silvermoon. And in Orgrimmar with the Valley of Honor but that fluctuates. With Razor Hill being an addition. Otherwise itā€™s roaming bands, or try your luck in Dalaran.

Alliance side is a lot more community/city spread centric. Duskwood, Stormwind and Boralus surprisingly tend to be Alliance social hotspots. With the odd small niche flares around northern regions such as Stromgarde, Hearthglen (Neutral/Crossrp), and Elven settlements like the Feathermoon Stronghold and Astrannar

And we donā€™t look at The Bazaar in Silvermoon, or Goldshire.

Though my discrepancies (To alliance cities) would be that Stormwind and Dalaran are more preferable if you like mostly Social RP, (to the points Iā€™d swear itā€™s ad nausua), Duskwood for the dark but rather High Fantasy niche. (People like wearing Black, Red and Purple down there.) And kinda Boralus in regards to a mix but minus the dark clothes and some of the High Fant.

Other than that. Thereā€™s the odd traveller RPer who pops up around, as said before, Stromgarde Alliance side, or Thelsamar Alliance side, sometimes even Quelā€™danil Lodge. If youā€™re insanely lucky nowdays because people who stay there for too long end up being exposed for something, itā€™s weird. (Hordeside being the Barrens and slightly also northern eastern kingdoms territories.)

Does the server have drama or conflicts in the OOC level? Yes, sadly there is. As much as, though I may not speak for all, I would like to smoothen those grudgeful edges made over likeā€¦

Hell, 9 years now?

9 yearsā€¦ Yet itā€™s still around.

People deal about it. Sure people may have their reasons to dislike each other. As long as they donā€™t start threatening each other or going on obsessive stalking/rants about each other it should be fineā€¦

Probably.

Anyway, either all. Enjoy your time. Hopefully things pick up, for the better, with Dragonflight or itā€™s earlier patches.

1 Like

I am indeed intriguedā€¦ As a matter of fact I do have a Vulpera that might just fit right in thereā€¦ Do you guys have any sorts of website / post I could dig my paws / hands into? :smiley:

3 Likes

Thanks a lot for listing all those RP hot spots!

Silvermoonā€™s Bazaar was too aā€¦ Unique place on my serverā€¦

While some of the accusations levelled at the PCU are ofc false some are indeed true as there is documented evidence of, like any large community they have had their share of bad apples in the past, but dont let that put you off entirely, every rp encounter Ive had with them Iā€™ve enjoyed, its an umbrella of guilds that work together to create content for its members, sometimes the occasional trouble maker slips in or gets to the top n causes problems with other factions within the server, to put it bluntly, however there are many communities on AD, PCUā€¦Dalaran, Stormwind and its outer regions (Eastvale/Duskwood) ect are beginning to form a great community aswell now, ofc like any realm I imagine(?) Goldshire is a hard avoid, but plenty of rp to be had, plenty of communities to get involved with n plenty of cool wholesome ppl who just wanna rp, youā€™ll find your feet here Iā€™m sure! have a look around, if your after any discord hubs such as Dalaran and the recent Legions Legacy Campaign disc, they are easy enough to find, Sigtryggr/Cassander#2709 Iā€™ll help navigate you to those discā€™s if you find trouble, and Welcome to AD! :smiley: hope you find what your after.
Edit: Dont tarr them all, out of whatā€¦250? is it? a small few have been nasty? thats not terrible really, its not even a full guilds worth out of the likeā€¦20-30 guilds they have.

1 Like

hey just got the message :wink:

this here is our forum post if you want to reach out to us we are usually online from around 20:00 to 22:00 servertime as that is our usual event time.

7 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.