New Trade (Services) Channel

Well done Blizzard, was about time!

6 Likes

It only took them 4 years, and on top of that they absolutely ruined boosting.

What a circus :joy:

2 Likes

Better late than never.

The original trade chat will be dead af. Does really anybody use that one?

Also quite a neat idea to add a new boosting channel, when you literally killed the boosting spam problem patches ago.

1 Like

On my server trade chat is used a lot, for the purpose intended - like political, social issues as well as world events going on.

3 Likes

Is that intended for Gold Shire sessions? :joy:

I used it this patch selling Enlightened rep faction contracts and glyphs.
Also i see lots of ppl advertising their crafted items to sell at lower than AH prices.

Well I guess good for you and your server then. On the multiple servers I play - Blackmoore, Outland - almost nobody uses it afaik.

Boosters will be mad of course. They know they don’t get much exposure by only talking to people who actively look for boosts.

Don’t worry, there will always be people selling overpriced mounts, Teebu’s Scorching Straight Sword, and raid BoEs if those are still a thing.

Good old Argent Dawn trade chat!

No theyll just add another line to their macro like
/2 wts 15 keys and sotf
/5 wts 15 keys and sotf
/6 wts 15 keys and sotf

:rofl:

Boosting… now supported by Blizzard.

It was either that or deal with it.

Effort is too much.

1 Like

Boosting exists since Vanilla. I remember sites selling to lvl up your char and selling gold. Boosting exists in all mmo’s. You can’t beat them better keep them in the game and without annoying everyone give them a little space. This is a good change.

That’s nice :slight_smile:

It will go back to being a cities wide chat channel most likely.

Some might start peddling their wares ofc but they’ve been the minority for years on most realms.

It’s what the playerbase has been asking for though, now the real battle will be enforcing the use of it. I guess with the auto silencing, people will report abusers quite quickly.

4 Likes

Here’s a forum link for people who don’t want to go to wowhead I guess

People will continue to spam the normal Trade channel, because they know people will disable the new one.

That’s just how these things work. Since when does saying you don’t want a service stop the sellers from still pushing it at you? Just look at reality for confirmation of that.

More wasted resources. Is Blizzard headed by monkeys these days?

2 Likes

Its not supported but becomes regulated its a healthy way than senseless bans

Everyone has /left all the major trade channels, so it’s not like they will become useful again. Who has ever typed the words “/join 2”? Nobody. Ever. Except me just now.

Ah, the smell of fresh air.

Now all the filth is grouped up in one specific place like it should be.

1 Like