New Worgen and Goblin Models

As someone who has owned a lot of wolfdog lookalikes, the neck is all fur. If you compressed it, you would see a normal sized neck, but because of the fur it looks fat.

Males have similar neck sizes, but their hunchback helps hide it better.

That’s one! :+1: Let’s keep trying to up the numbers!

1 Like

i like the new worgens, however, i ve never minded the old ones in the first place.

goblins on the other hand. jesus christ. i want to douse them with gasoline and set them ablaze.
dont get me wrong. i love goblins per se but theres just nothing likable about their models. blizzard missed a huge chance to make them one of the coolest races ever.

3 Likes

Eyecolor thing isn’t that easy to do. it requires changing how all character texturing is done. This would require complete redesign character customization. I hope it will come next expansion.

Ears, this part is easier but also require some more customizaion redisng overall.

It was expected that we would get 1 to 1 translation and we got it with some extra faces. That’s nice.

1 Like

I’m not convinced on the female Goblin, they look quite different from what was promised at the Blizzcon, Some faces and expressions seem a bit stiff and lack some goofiness that would be expected from goblins.

A good thing is many faces can be told apart from each other.

Okay, you can tell the difference in female worgen, they look kind of fit :sweat_smile:

OwO

1 Like

I love it ! :+1:

Worgen is a big update especially the female version and the goblin not much :-/

As someone who has played as Goblins since they came out in Cata, the update to Goblin models is a bit bittersweet.

When Goblins were introduced in Cataclysm, Blizzard proudly proclaimed that they were showing how their new higher polygon count models could create new, more emotive and varied faces and that’s what the models were. You could choose anything from a young Goblin to a grizzled maniac with faded green eyes.

With the new models- although the bodies have seen an amazing improvement in the sense that we’ve finally moved away from having stubs for feet and prize claws for hands, the faces are a bit disappointing. Much like we saw with the Gnomes, some of the old faces are completely unrecognisable. On the faded eye colour grizzled face I mentioned they’ve somehow managed to change the eye colour to a deep orange and the faces just generally have this look of youth to them across the board which from talking to other people who play Goblins has really caused them to have to rethink what their character looks like as their old look just isn’t there anymore.

3 Likes

Love the Worgen updates! still not sure exactly how far they’ve taken it in terms of animation changes. The male sprint animation seems to be much better on first impression, if it has changed at all.

The option for males to have more human like eyes is a neat touch and matches that of the females.
I just hope they’ve taken a look at some of the previously janky animations and the way armor fits on them.

Wouldn’t hurt to give the racials a bit of a buff too. I think Worgen are underplayed not only because of the way gear looks but the racials are pretty lackluster for the most part.
Instant cast running wild would be pretty sweet, although it would have to be disabled in instances like travel form.

I personaly love the new male worgen model. But damn the female on are kinda boring and cute but much better ofc. I wish they could add more into it. Lets see how it turns out live.

1 Like

I can barely see any difference.

EDIT : the fem goblins are looking ok though.

1 Like

Definitely less of an eyesore :smile:

1 Like

My goblin’s face doesn’t seem to be implemented (apart from the eyebrows), so I can’t fully judge yet.

Combat animation faces could use a bit more attitude, like the pose on the right from the Blizzcon preview (I can’t post links).

Did we always burp at the end of our /eat animation? If it’s new, I like it.

I like /bow and /flex so far, they’re pretty cute.

1 Like

The goblins seem to still suffer from oversized weapons, kind of sad.
I had hoped they would have fixed that for the new models.

2 Likes

there is something
 odd about the female worgen neck, when in the dressing room and looking at the default idle animation, whenever she looks to the side, her neck just stretches in a wired way. it looks thicker than the head too.

overall the new models seems ok so far. and i guess they are not 100% don yet.

Soooo, I’ve been waiting for this. I hoped for this in wod, in legion, in the beginning of bfa too.
And now it’s here, the update, the fabled goblin visual update.

Aaaaand, I’m not thrilled.

You know when you want something for so long that you kinda hype yourself up for it and when you get it it’s not what you imagined it’d be? Yeah, kinda like that.

Now, I’m not saying the old models are better, they are not, the update is a good thing, the wider range of facial animation, fixed graphical glitches all that is good.

However, why the heck our mouths are so huge, like, i get they kinda gotta be big, but they weren’t that huge, is just, it’s kinda beyond a visual style and into some anatomical mistake territory. It looks sorta alright in motion, but it’s just that “sorta allright” to me. I can and likely will get used to it, but I can’t say I like it.

media.discordapp.net/attachments/425010768199548953/606796759141711873/unknown.png

*sorry I can’t add proper links

See what I mean? Same face, same colors, hugified hecking mouth

Also, judging by the dressing room (and I hope that it’s incorrectly displayed but I don’t believe it is), the shoulder pads on female goblin models are still alligned incorrectly. They are placed too far to the back of the model, it’s clearly a mistake and even doing the visual update it wasn’t addressed and likely never will be.

2 Likes

drools

Guess who’s race changing back to Worgen :stuck_out_tongue:

P.S. WTB better casting animation for male worgen.

Still no tails!?
Still no freaking tails!!!

All these years and still no damn tails???

My god, you Blizzard are pure squareheads.

2 Likes

The new Zombie Goblin skin looks awesome that’s on the mmo thread bfa patch speculation 8.3 and later page 568.
(i’m not allowed to do links)

The Worgen do look much improved the unglowing eyes faces are gorgeous though its believed to be Darius Crowley with the scar .

I’m waiting on the heritage armor find :face_with_monocle: