New Worgen and Goblin Models

I’m cautiously optimistic. All of the heritage armours IMO opinion have been middling, with only the Belf one really fitting all classes.

2 Likes

What? if you’re not playing at max efficiency, min-maxing to the absolute top, and going for rank 1 Mythic+, you don’t need to worry about being a Night Elf or a Worgen for an “advantage” … And even if you are, it won’t really make that much of a difference, it’s very situational.

No one has ever been a Worgen “for a world first advantage”
Even in PVP our viciousness racial is worse off than Human Spirit or Shadowmeld (If Sub).

If Viciousness was at it’s beta 1% increased damage instead of 1% increased crit, then it would be a different story.

But as it stands currently, you gain nothing (numbers wise) by rolling Worgen, which you cannot get from any other race.

I agree with you on how their racials aren’t great, but I am still not buying the disadvantage in PvE and PvP.

How big are the numbers?

In what scenarios are Worgen at a disadvantage over other races like Night Elves?

Nelves Shadowmeld can be used as a 2nd Vanish for rogues, this makes them must plays for PVP.

Outside of that, you won’t be crippling yourself by playing a Worgen, but you again won’t be min-maxing by playing them either.

You play them for the looks, not the animations nor the racials.

That’s definitely a powerful racial, but then again, anyone smart enough will know when a Nelf is about to meld in a PvP situation, surely.

This is the part that doesn’t make much sense to me. Min-maxing on WoW by a 1% damage racial is hardly a game-changer at all…

I want to see data on a Worgen not being able to complete content vs another race, because of their racials. As of now, I doubt that data exists, so…

Shadowmeld is broken. I can take entire packs of mobs, run them out to the side, and “Vanish” with Shadowmeld, and then stealth past them. This allows massive skips on really hard packs that would otherwise increase the time to completion by 3-4 minutes.

Night Elves are incredible in M+. They single-handedly defeat the purpose of invisibility pots.

I like the new female worgen and their new running animation. The only thing I’m dissapointed about is the hair that’s not changed. I kinda hoped they would re-do the cataclysm alpha hairstyles since those were a big dissapointment to me ever since the LQ model was introduced in cata beta. I just wish there was an option to play without that big hair on the back… But otherwise, the new model is dope!

While that’s a great advantage to have, it’s not a mandatory one, whatsoever. You could always just let another Nelf do it, or get a Rogue and mass stealth, or use invis pots, of course. I’m not turning this personal or anything, don’t get me wrong, I’m just questioning why people won’t play a certain race because they’re at a disadvantage in certain situations, and personally, I don’t see the disadvantage being that significant, but that’s me.

Those Worgen animations are so much better! Although they appear to have changed how eyepatches sit on them too, which I’m not so keen on.

Love them. Cannae wait. Been a Worgen since like they were released, never changed race once despite all of their flaws, so I’m glad they’re finally getting the attention they deserve!

The Night Elf trick can be done every 2 minutes. The invis pot trick cannot.

Further, the invis pot does not work against packs that detect stealth or invisibility, whereas the Night Elf trick does.

I can get a rogue, yes. That would work. A mage does too. But what if I don’t have those?

And this is a problem every single M+ dungeon. Every. single. run. So yeah it’s a big deal.

I get what you’re saying, buuut are you aiming for a high rank in the mythic+ scene? because while I see Shadowmeld making things much more easier, it doesn’t justify me wanting to play a Night Elf over other races for Shadowmeld alone, but then again, I see we are two vastly different people. I’m more for looks than performance on WoW these days, until Classic comes out then I’m going hard. :joy:

I’m personally not saying they cannot compete, but I am saying that they’re not as useful as flat numbers.

The following is the set up for Club Camel (US Alliance Mythic Guild) on their Herald fight in EP.

Human tank
Worg Heal
Human Heal
Velf Heal
Dwarf Heal
Velf DPS
Dwarf DPS
Human DPS x4
Nelf DPS x6
LF Drae DPS

Then again with ‘Honestly’ for the same fight, they just stockpiled Nelf and Human with the odd 1 Velf.

Then with ‘Ethical’ they have Humans, Nelfs along with 2 KTs, a Gnome and a Draenei.

The problem isn’t that Worgen are bad, it is that we do not bring anything to the group, like other races do.
No flat damage increases like Gnomes (Arcane Brilliance) or Velf.
No threat drop like the Nelfs
No pseudo cloak of shadows like the Dwarfs (Stoneform)

The Worgen have a 1% increased crit chance and 1% reduced nature/shadow damage. They’re both alright racials to have.
Except other races have more racials to balance out their “Alright” racials.
Worgen have 2 RP racials plus a minor speed boost on a 2 minute CD.

I’ve done some +20’ies in my time, and in order to do those, you definitely need some resets.

That’s part of why rogues are so insanely popular.

I’m not surprised that they prefer other races over Worgen, but I’d love to personally ask them why they don’t play Worgen to see if it’s purely preference, or because of their disadvantage. Either way, I can understand why, like when Method used Goblins for KJ because of the knock-backs, but still, WoW doesn’t revolve around mythic raiding in my eyes, and I dislike raiding in current WoW, so if I were to dedicate my time doing Mythic+ and PvP, I’d be completely fine playing any race, including Worgen.

I doubt a group is going to ask me what race I am before they accept me… unless it was very high end stuff, I guess.

Oh that would be the day.
“LF Siege Run No Gnomes Wanted”

1 Like

Guess it’s because the head is already hunched forward and she pushes it further during that animation.

It would probably have worked just fine if she stood straighter by default.

I don’t remember which video it was but I remember watching one that showed both the Worgen models and Goblin models side-by-side comparing their current models with their upcoming models. Honestly they’re a great improvement over their current models.

I’m mainly glad that Worgens will now have facial expression rather than just looking like rabid dogs, and when I looked at the Goblin model comparisons I remember seeing that the current models looked not all the appealing compared to their upcoming models. It makes me even more eager to start playing as a Goblin in the Horde soon. Inb4 “punting” jokes.

The female model looks so much better in the face.