New Worgen and Goblin Models

Yeah I hope that is a bug or at least just something they’re still ironing out. Building models is apparently a lot of work, sometimes they still fix bugs with live models.

That all said, its really cool to see all the positive feedback about the Worgen models. Though, am seeing mixed reactions over the Goblins, and a few people offered some critique in this thread and others. I think now is a really good time to voice your concerns about them so the artists can iron out the issues before the patch launches.

Has anyone else noticed that there’s a missing face for the male Goblin? In-Game you have the option of a face with red eyes which I can’t see in any of the Wowhead options.

Have any of you put helms on the worgen in the dressing room yet? , I tried a few and they actually don’t look awful anymore (well the ones I tried) I’m soooo happy and can’t wait to see the heritage armour.

My worgen rogue is gonna look amazing when 8.2.5 rolls in.

Soon as goblins start running normal and not like new born penguins, I’ll play one.

I actually like it, but I can understand if players want to keep what they have as well.

The reason I like that, and the rumoured glowing eyes, is that it will finally make the males and females look like they actually belong to one species.

I don’t friggin’ know what was going on at Blizzard HQ with Worgen and Draenei to be perfectly honest. xD

Anyway, I agree, there should be an option to pick a model that’s overwhelmingly similar to the old one, but that shouldn’t mean that a better option should be unavailable, especially in a case like this. Worgen Females look absolutely ridiculous on live, and half their animations are just straight up broken.

1 Like

There’s a few things I am -still- unhappy with, with the new model.

For the love of god Blizzard, PLEASE downsize the shoulder pieces on female worgens, they are WAAAY too big. I’m actually sure they are big enough to cradle a Dwarf… That’s not feminine. Also, how would a worgen run on all fours with a door on each shoulder… ? Some of the shoulder pices reach down as far as to pass the albow…
No wonder they sit so low on the shoulder, which is my second issue. I have this issue with the Goblin as well. It looks like they (the shoulder pieces) are about to slide down the arm.

And then theres the neck/throat part, when the female sniffs it just look… off. You either need to look at the animation at that specific part of the neck, or alter the sniffing animation to fit the new neck.

The hair clipping out the back of hoods: … I understand that the wolf mane is rough, thoug piercing plate, mail or even cloth is maybe too extreme :stuck_out_tongue: … Not that I wanna go bald like humans or dwarves, but I still hate the mane is sticking out of hoods and stuff. the clipping is still bad. Also hair is sticking out of the top of Hats haha.
Other than that, I just wish for a tail option :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I got 4 Female & 4 male at max level, looking forward to this!

yup. the more i see it, the more odd it looks. it’s actually reached a point where it would be my go-to complaint if i was to point out something negative about the new model.

1 Like

i dont like it, they nerfed our boobs and muzzle

1 Like

They nerfed the busts of all females who had their models remade, everyone from Tauren to Draenei.
It was to be expected.

And they are still too big.

Not only that, some of the “revealing” gear looks really wierd on our busts, like… you can see half the lower part of the boobs beneath :stuck_out_tongue: Or if there’s a line which on other models sit just beneath the boobs, it sits across the boobs on worgens.

So most tops actually do not fit or look so well. But then again, it’s only what’s datamined on the PTR atm, lets hope they change things.

At the least the boobs we have “now”, is somewhat more existant than the one they showed when they announced the model remake.

We really need a new set of bikini armor, seeing how this issue appears on all races now…

1 Like

Goblins don’t seem finished yet tbh

2 Likes

Nope, not at all :frowning: which is sad because I was so hyped for them too. But again, its based upon datamining on the PTR, lets hope people give enough feedback for Blizz to make them all great :smiley:

Just hope they wont listen to the “HURR DURR DISNEY!” crowd again…

Investigated this issue by comparing and contrasting skimpy tops between different body types (Worgen, Belf, Orc and KT)

Looking at the skimpiest mogs I could find for each armour typing, I can exclaim without a doubt that Worgen females aren’t really that different.

Some races are more pronouned that others, but largely all of them need to take their chest pieces back and get them re-tailored.

Plate was honestly the lesser of the offenders with the glorious set encompassing all.
The leather set with the ‘Skimpy demonleather’ was one of the worst offenders.

Cloth and mail were average in how much the extenuated the features and promoted the bust.

1 Like

I just watched a video where it does side by side comparisons of all of the Goblin faces. The female models are amazing, but the male models? Some of the faces have simply been swapped out and replaced altogether!

Hopefully the worgen ladies actually get different eye colours, as currently they’re all the same. Kinda just… Grey?

2 Likes

Some people have emulated themselve onto the PTR and male worgen got 2 face options without glowing eyes, while female got 2 with yellow glowing eyes.

Hopefully they are adding more.

1 Like