New WoW Classic Realms are Now Open - 5 September

Kaivax this doesn’t make any sense. Who would roll on a fresh server and start from scratch when some people will already be 60 just by using the free transfer? I predict these 2 realms will be dead very fast. Merges will happen for sure. You guys clearly don’t know what you are doing.

Only way to stop overpopulation… what would be the point in giving everyone free transfer and then they all transfer to new ralm and clog up that one…this is so the 2 highest pop realms can slowly filter players into fresh server. Its very easy dont wanna transfer dont? but then deal with ques. There isn’t another way to this without making another server suffer same as others. Im transfering because Im seeing the pops on other servers and when layering is removed life will hell trying to farm anything.

3 Likes

I’m sorry you had to lose out on all the many essential names of characters you not yet had on the original realm and you had planned to reserve, Creepindeath.

2 Likes

Its been approximately one day, any update on when these will be unlocked?

I noticed the German Heartstriker server is still locked despite it being open to transfers more than 2 hours before the English servers… 26+ hours ago and counting.

I can’t see this being a good move, a lot of people play WoW competitively. No one is going to join this server as a level 1 on opening day knowing its already been handed to character transfers who could be level 60.

Get your s**t straight Blizzard! First you severly underestimate the amount of servers, now you overestimate the amount. Fix this by merging the Low pop. Servers so they can live a healthy life.

3 Likes

they did not overestimate anything people are just not moving and queues ramain

2 Likes

How is adding 2 new servers not overestimating? They thought they could fill up 2 new servers and they didn’t…

Oh, sorry, I didn’t know it was done this way. Odd and silly indeed.

Was it though? There was an “abuse” that allowed to pick any name, create lvl 1 named X on e.g. Gehennas, transfer it, then transfer someone named X from Firemaw, bam - you can rename it.

Will there be forums for the new (quite dead) realms?

1 Like

Absolute shocker.

And now my realm is low population…

2 Likes

This is exactly what you said you didn’t want blizz. Adding servers for them just to be dead. Can you please act now before you put off all the people who transferred? Merge the two new servers please. It’s a bloody ghost town here

5 Likes

I dont really understand what you are trying to say with the “abuse”? Yes you can have a “free” name transfer by doing so if you want to change.

But if you want to keep your old name (even if you reserved it on Gehennas and Firemaw)and someone already took it by creating a level 1 after just one transfer there isnt much you can do other than TOS friendly trading.

These new servers (Earthshaker) are ghost towns atm. You literally cannot do anything other than quest all alone by yourself. There is no one looking for groups/elites and the current economy is non existent.

3 Likes

Dragonfangs the same. Regret

2 Likes

I ended up having to leave my level 30 char behind on Dragonfang and rerolling on Ashbringer, the pop on Dragonfang is so unbearably low I can’t find a group for anything, I see nobody and there’s not even any horde players to kill. The realm really is dead on arrival.

Same thing with Judgment tbh.

Ppl, have faith. They know what they are doing, give it a couple of days and ppl will come. If they dont, blizz will open more realms to those servers.
“use your brain emoji”

make a new realm pls

• without layering
  • no transfers allowed
  • no renaming allowed
  • no “easy” dungeon resets. in vanilla the players couldnt just by clicking “reset dungeon” resetting the dungeon, instead they were locked to a dungeoninstance for idk 30 minutes?
  • no addons allowed
3 Likes