New WoW Classic Realms are Now Open - 5 September

We have just opened the following new realms in this region:

Realm Type Timezone
Dragonfang PvP English
Earthshaker PvP English

For approximately one day after free character moves to a realm begin, these new realms will be restricted to only those players using a free character move. After one day, any player may create new characters there. This is to allow players using the free character move service a better chance at retaining the name of the character they’re moving.

Thank you!

9 Likes

Give me a few mins to load into the shop then we’ll talk about the new servers :^)

Edit: This was originally posted because the shops weren’t loading, is all good now enjoy the transfer everyone.

2 Likes

We can’t transfer from Shazz character select yet? Sort it please.

Why werent you clear about one being able to make a new character after a transfer?

Good job blizzard we needed more servers but please open transfer for all

1 Like

Such an epic fail that you are able to create a char after transfer… Another EPIC FAIL from the company that is full of bugs.
Its clear that blizzard has bad game directing,sorry to say.

5 Likes

The whole point is so they can control how many join it, what would be the point if they opened transfers for everyone and just swamp another server?

They were in the original announcement.

https://eu.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/wow-classic-free-character-moves-realms-eu/81745

For approximately one day, the new realms will be restricted to only those players using a free character move. After one day, any player may create new characters there. This is to allow players using the free character move service a better chance at retaining the name of the character they’re moving.

3 Likes

Except that wasnt really clear. “For approximately one day, the new realms will be restricted to only those players using a free character move.” Could be interpreted as, if you want access to play the server you can only do that by transfering your character. It was enough vague that me and others thought it ment only transfered characters would exist. Not that you could transfer a level 1 then reserve every name that you please. If they said “After you transfer one character, you can create as many as you can” Then it wouldve been clear.

What does even make people upset? How do you imagine a realm where one can never create new chars?

1 Like

and how many names matter? how many names can they reserve the people that will actually go there to even matter to anyone?

I hope more people get on them soon, i transfered last night, and its a ghost town at the moment.

1 Like

Of course more people will transfer since the queues this weekend will be high again. the server will be crowded eventually.

Your first sentence makes no sense and it seems you didn’t get the point of why they locked the server to only people transferring.

It was so we could switch first from our overpop server and also keep our names. Now I and others thought unfortunately they had it a bit more thought out. That they would disable creating a character for one day so you have a better chance keeping your character name but that wasn’t the case.

And to arrowy, it mattered cause now I And other people lost names due to bliss just not being clear you could transfer one (even a level 1) character then be able to create more.

yeah. this is sad tbh. I hope they merge servers if no more people join.

Awesome move! Thanks blizzard. Finally quest mobs are up and not perma-camped. Still some people around though to do stuff with. Perfect.
Best of all: no queue :smiley:

5 Likes

Of course it’s going to take a while for people to switch. The people who are still queueing on high pop servers a week after release are most likely either:

1. Committed to a guild. Very few guilds will transfer due to logistical problems.
  2. Players who enjoy playing on high pop servers. Not likely to transfer.
  3. Cautious due to queue times going down or cautious due to fear of dead server. Not likely to be the first to transfer.
  4. Fine with queues due to remote desktop solutions. Not likely to transfer.
  5. Players who play all day or play in off hours so they don’t deal with queue. Not likely to transfer.

Personally I would only transfer if I could go to the server my friends rerolled on due to the initial huge queues. Otherwise I don’t see the point. Queues are not a problem for me. Especially since they have been steadily decreasing since release.

Although the queues during the weekend are sure to break the spirits of some people. But right now I don’t see any reason why those new servers won’t stay very low pop.

Which of course, is how some people like it and that’s fine. But don’t expect a population close to your original server if you decide to switch.

4 Likes