Of course it’s going to take a while for people to switch. The people who are still queueing on high pop servers a week after release are most likely either:
- Committed to a guild. Very few guilds will transfer due to logistical problems.
- Players who enjoy playing on high pop servers. Not likely to transfer.
- Cautious due to queue times going down or cautious due to fear of dead server. Not likely to be the first to transfer.
- Fine with queues due to remote desktop solutions. Not likely to transfer.
- Players who play all day or play in off hours so they don’t deal with queue. Not likely to transfer.
Personally I would only transfer if I could go to the server my friends rerolled on due to the initial huge queues. Otherwise I don’t see the point. Queues are not a problem for me. Especially since they have been steadily decreasing since release.
Although the queues during the weekend are sure to break the spirits of some people. But right now I don’t see any reason why those new servers won’t stay very low pop.
Which of course, is how some people like it and that’s fine. But don’t expect a population close to your original server if you decide to switch.