NFT gaming WoW

What is nft ?

God’s way of telling you that you have too much money.

1 Like

What exactly would they use NFTs for?
Unique transmog items? Unigue mounts?
and how could they not do those within the current game? They have TCG items in game which are basically the same thing as NFT.

1 Like

Ok but why ?

i Think i am to Old to understand. Just like i dont understand What The metaverse is.

Pff article fails to mention in the artist section that people are also stealing art/IP from other people and selling them as NFTs without permission.

I find it utterly pointless myself and avoid it all like the plague.

and here we begin?

assuming that other game can;

• Receive the pet
  • Convert the pet to its own code
  • Display the pet as a wow pet

NFT at the end of the day is a financial hot potato where you don’t want to be the last person to buy it. Even if that’s not what it is at it’s core, it’s what the online communities that plunged into it made it about
At this point in my eyes anyone trying to peddle it is one of those unlucky bastards at the bottom of the financial hot potato pyramid.

In general there are also online platforms specifically made about the use of NFT’s, maybe this discussion is better suited on those platforms?

2 Likes

interoperability

" https://www.marvel.com/articles/gear/first-ever-marvel-digital-comic-collectibles-nft-veve "
Pyramid?

Real life simulator in VR as designed by Zuckerburg

Yes it sounds very dystopian I agree

Yes?
Being the last guy with the proverbial financial hot potato is basically not much different from being the bottom of a pyramid scheme
I don’t know how Marvel getting into it is supposed to prove it isn’t one but incase you havn’t noticed most of these companies are making NFT’s to make a quick buck on selling them
Even the major companies see it as nothing less then a financial hot potato except they have no costs in acquiring them cause they can just print their IP’s on it

true.
NFTs are basically like pottery collections. For a few years Royal Doulton or Moorcroft jugs or plates are worth $250 each. Then tastes change and you can pick up a whole tea set for ten quid at a car boot sale.

No, they aren’t.

To think this is to fundamentally misunderstand NFT’s.

Pottery is a physical object and can be rare because only a certain amount exist. It can be desirable because its old or high quality (even if tastes change).

An NFT is artificially trying to create scarcity. It’s trying to make you believe that something that is infinitely copy-able has value because its the “original” Even though you can produce an infinite number of exact copies.

The crazy prices on NFT pictures is due to money laundering and tax evasion schemes. Convince me otherwise.

There’s different approaches to business. While I am certain that publishers like Ubisoft and EA will jump on the NFT bandwagon as soon as they have a concept that will milk the whales dry for quick profits, I am not so sure about Valve.
Valve seems to play the long game by keeping stable income via community goodwill rather than accept the risk NFTs bring with an increase in “whale bucks” at the moment.

Also due to artificially raising up the price by selling the NFT within a group, so that no money is actually lost for the creators of the NFT. They’ll always find someone gullible who will look at how quickly the value went up on the blockchain and think to themselves how valuable it must be because of it, and of course buy it.

‘NFT’?..‘Crypto’?..‘Snake Oil’ would be more accurate.

You said that so much that now I want a baked potato.

Curse you.

Best I can do is a frozen, raw potato.

It is fresh, however.

1 Like

Valve were among the first to do it. See TF2 Hats and Steam collectable cards. Sure, they are technically not NFT’s but they serve the same function without being on the blockchain.