NFT gaming WoW

And if it was a united industry then they wouldn’t need the NFTs themselves as an internal system could be used to certify ownership.
There are mounts that players own in WoW because of something they’ve done in Hearthstone. An internal mechanic allowing that player to own that mount linked to another game.

The only use for NFTs in WoW would be if Blizzard decided they wanted to sell Blackrock Mountain (or other entities in the game). Someone could own Blackrock mountain and decide to sell it if they wished. They couldn’t do anything with Blackrock mountain but that’s the same with NFTs in general. The person who bought the NFT for the first ever Tweet can’t do anything with that Tweet, they simply own the NFT linked to that Tweet.
They could sell an NFT for The Dark Portal or for Theramore or Thrall.

In a lot of cases with NFT’s you don’t even own the asset. Just the hyperlink to said asset. Meaning if the server that host this asset goes down, you now own a useless NFT. Although i believe that should be easy to fix.
NFT’s doesn’t contain enough data to actually store whatever it is that they are pointing to. Because that would slow down the blockchain tremendously. Although there are some few cases where they do contain the full code of whatever they claim overship of.

Yepp, hence my comment on it being a “logistical nightmare”.

Valve has been doing this for what? A decade or so. In the form of TF2 hats and CS:GO skins. NFT’s are not needed in a closed system.

Yeah, as i said above. Valve already does something similar to what NFT’s promise, without using the extremly slow and cumbersome blockchain technology.

Ubisoft is trying to do the same with their Ghost Recon stuff (quartz?) but those NFT’s only work in Ghost Recon. So why do they need to be on the blockchain? I don’t know.

As many people have pointed out. NFT’s are a solution looking for a problem. Maybe one day they will serve an important function. But today, there are alternative methods that work better in their respective fields.

Not sure really how the hyperlink problem is easy to fix

Just read this lol: https://kotaku.com/magic-the-gathering-mtgdao-wizards-of-the-coast-crypto-1848544744

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.