NFT gaming WoW

I’m aware of eth going pos, it’s the main reason why NFTs became the hot topic in recent days. I also know it’s going to consume a lot less power and be less bad for the enviroment due to it cutting out the need to mine, I just didn’t feel like explaining consensus mechanisms.

No, that is not why NFT’s have become the hot topic. We got mass adoption of NFT’s from big companies / institutions.

Their prices went up due to it being linked to eth, which greatly increased interest in them.

Again wrong. Yes first NFT’s was on Ethereum. But in 2017 NFT’s was not a big deal.
4 years later they exploded.

" https://finance.yahoo.com/news/nft-etherrock-sells-record-250k-111239601.html?guccounter=1&guce_referrer=aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuZ29vZ2xlLmNvbS8&guce_referrer_sig=AQAAAL9J3Xg-_OMXy2Wi9Hv6pC5okLX-FMZiSL1m4dn61cK4a3QQW-BOK05O1Gp3h7Ek0Af1BhbzeDwaEpe_mLABidEI2x2Pn8QbKgl0wCsnyettyagOXQlMh611w0JQryLdhyeJ7DPQ6jYfRfLR1a0HzgvvGyCc6NXpDuE2EqMlQQWs "

The interest in the last few months from both big corpos and greedy people looking to cash in suddenly is a direct result of the increase in price following the announcement that eth is planning to move from PoW to PoS.

" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iUw2cOGAWMg "

funny needed to post it XD

" https://www.polygon.com/22822364/nft-video-games-ubisoft-ghost-recon-breakpoint-free "

When Blizzard? When?

Confirmed for 32nd Octember.

First 9 minutes will explain about NFT’s

" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gOsb1IYO7ns "

You know this has been severely criticised, doesn’t even operate NFTs like you seem to think and even their own employees are asking why they are doing it that way. They literally implemented Steam marketplace with no consumer protection, you cant sell or change the nft, you cant use it in other games, all of them are identical except a serial uid…

If you think that is a good example of how to implement them in a game, you are desperate. They aren’t even de-centralised…Ubisoft own the entire thing.

[quote="Nexintus-darksorrow, post:170, topic:323431, full:true"]

You know this has been severely criticised, doesn’t even operate NFTs like you seem to think and even their own employees are asking why they are doing it that way. They literally implemented Steam marketplace with no consumer protection, you cant sell or change the nft, you cant use it in other games, all of them are identical except a serial uid…

If you think that is a good example of how to implement them in a game, you are desperate. They aren’t even de-centralised…Ubisoft own the entire thing.
[/quote]

I don’t know where you get those info but you are so wrong, and have no idea what you are talking about…

“Where you get those info”… do you even investigate things you read? The Ars article in particular is nicely detailed. Or just read the twitter posts for their T&C lol

1 Like

Blizzard can do much better :slight_smile:

You can find so much misleading articles out there… Be careful. We are early. This is like internet 1995. People don’t understand what is potential of NFT’s.

There will always be scammers out there, but I believe that Blizzard can do this right !

Maybe they can but I think its pretty clear that Ubisoft have not done it right. They are not an example for NFTs in games imo.

Bigger problem than that… why should anyone HAVE to understand it?
Stop preaching to those who have no wish to be converted.

… nor do many of them have the money to afford to understand it - GET IT?

All those well thought out articulate articles disagree with me so I dismiss them!

Welcome to the internet.

1 Like

Crypto=like money from monopoly box.

Anyone can make their own crypto currency and claim it has value.

It’s pretty wild to think we live in such a world where people think they can just anoint their selves to be billionaires just because they made up a fictional currency during their lunch break.

3 Likes

My Star Wars Monopoly money has imperial writing on it. And physical form. Pretty sure bitcoin can’t claim that. Obviously the former has higher value :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

… yet neither one can be exchanged for pizza down the street. D’oh.

2 Likes

Yet I could put a blob of a file or whatever on a webhost, call my currency Yorda Coin and declare every byte mined from it = 900 USD. So people would point their miner program at it to start collecting Yorda coin.

:smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

People who make NFTs or mint a currency of their own are laughing all the way to the bank.

My biggest concern with this is legal ones. Putting crypto currency aspects in the hands of little kids is surely illegal in most places. I’d say that any company who thinks this is a good idea hasn’t thought it out long term.

There’s a reason minors aren’t allowed to gamble and get involved in adult financial services. Yet these games that will have NFTs will squarely put kids into there.

That and countries are going against crypto, banning its uses. So their crypto game(s) would end up on an ever increasing list of places where they are not allowed to sell it (game.) Steam, the biggest game publishing platform online already banned NFT games outright.

NFTs could also potentially lead into more of the banned online gambling of in-game items like the CS GO game had major issues with.

1 Like