Night elf heritage - fail and disappointment

It’s called “The Coalition of Flames” in the English client.

I hope you’re right though. A heritage armour set shouldn’t be stuck unfinished like this.

3 Likes

The armor looks good, but will not use it cos it reminds me of the disappointment of this quest, absolute lazy writing for a race that direly needed some love after being the pushovers for the previous 2 expansions.

2 Likes

Hard to not be a pushover when Elune abandons you at every turn. Even worse, works against you.

I didn’t get a feel that we were playing with Maiev, but perhaps that is me just remembering her as much more straightforward and focused. Still… I battled with the ‘walk two paces, turn for 5 sec, walk two paces’ form of the quest. It took 42min to walk all the way. It was horrid. So the whole experience was quite soured.

The end of the quest tho, no spoilers, was actually just weird and I am sitting there wondering why there was no priestess involved.

Would have been cool if the quest was just a Nelf hype questline, after all the… setbacks and, ehm, character behavior…

Something to show that Nelfs are not to be walked over and laughed at. It would’ve been nice. But oh well - I am pretty sure the writers don’t actually like the Nelfs for one reason or the other.

Also Dread Lords still in the Legion - so Sire D master of the Legion confirmed. Woop Woop.

1 Like

I seriously was hoping Metzen would have a bit more influence and be able to prevent such embarassing copy + paste fan fiction writing to be released - yet again - but he obviously isn’t. If he was he wouldn’t have let this hot garbage gone through as the passionate dungeon master he is…

Maybe he had a day off that day

Sadly a very dull and uninspiring questline but the NE heritage armor looks really good imo.

he only cares about trall and orcs, look that green orc look almost like metzen even in WoW Film.

Stop being delusional.

The questchain was a real letdown, i agree. The armor though i like a lot, it’s one of my favorite heritage sets, reminded me of the original trailer. Was hoping for this instead of another boring robe/armor like the Bloodelfs got.

1 Like

Perhaps you’re right, but I also think that their stuff consists of activists, or they have people that don’t want to go out of their comfort zone. There are many factors, in the end we will never know for sure.

But it is indeed in very bad taste that they remove stuff from game as if game and the players were reponsible for their wrong doings. Especially when nobody was complaining over flirts, or paintings in the inn.

It’s Thrall. And above all he always cared about coherence and accuracy in WoW lore, so the one delusional isn’t me in that regard.

However this piece of garbage that is the NF heritage quest must’ve slipped his eyes.

Rather the latter. Even their activist attempts are executed on an amateur level and super cliche.

I believe that many of us were hoping for this same version, like the one seen in BFA and the vanilla cinematic. Personally, this version, while well-done, doesn’t quite please me entirely.

I would also have preferred something more true to the original but Blizzard seems to be scared to allow skimpy things.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.