Night Elf new customization in shadowlands

Night Elf customization: I am honestly very happy with the golden eyes for the females and the ear customization, although I would have liked to see an option for the ears to be tilted a bit upwards without necessarily being thicker, while now you have to take the huge ears for their tips, which does not appeal very much as it’s not elegant.

The new haircuts are nice but I find many of the old haircuts are a bit pixelated and I wish there were more shades of the colors available.

For instance white hair is not really white, is it. It has some purple shading that almost feels more fitting a void elf. I wish there was a proper shade of silver hair, with higher resolution texture.

1 Like

I think their hairstyles are just more blonde, brown, red and blue.

I don’t personally use their white hair colour as I like my Blood Elves to look young-ish or middle-to-adult age.

I disagree with the older hairstyles being pixelated. They all flow very nice and work nicely on them. None of them look truly out of place, like they might have done on the old models.
The blood elf braided tail did look very pixelated in MoP and before, but with the new models, they tided it up and now I use that hairstyle on my Blood Elven Priestess.

Sorry I may have gotten confused, meant to reply to the thread not you specifically. And I was talking about the Night elves not blood elves? Even more confused now.

Dunno. I just feel that some night elves hair feel pixelated. I especially have a love hate relationship with the white hair color as to me it looks as if the character had a huge regrowth on blue-purple hair lol.

1 Like

Must be something wrong with the forums then :rofl:

Some of the hair styles are so nice. I’m not entirely sold on the necklaces. The scars are a nice touch though, and considering what our toons have been through they should have a ton of scars. I’m hoping that the other races will get that option too. :heart:

That’s a good question and was never answered. I think some do while others don’t anymore and see her as a memory. Pretty much like the Naga who also see her as a memory (but some might still worship her who knows) and no longer worship her. I don’t think that’s implied to the thalassian elves since they worship only the sun.

I feel like scars is such a must have option, face scars, body scars would be great too and would make so much sense too. With all the fighting and warring there is.

1 Like

I made a post for all Elves in wow and what I’d want to see added for them Elves customization options

The furry femelf eyebrows crack me up.

Night Elf faith is in Elune. It is Tyrande who feels Elune abandoned the Nelves. Nightbourne are knock off Night Elves so are the Blood Elves, all had been exiled.

The Shen’dralar are Night Elves and some of the most powerful mages on Azeroth. The Priests, Druidism, Huntsman/Rangers, Mages, Demon Hunters, Warden, and Warriors/Sentinels are what Night Elves are known for. They had their own faction in the RTS because they were so powerful. Blizz couldn’t make them that powerful in WOW because they would win with ease.

There are more people in Stormwind alone than in all of the Horde cities combined (lorewise). The Shaldorei are what Night Elves would have become if they hid like cowards and became addicted to the Nightwell. You think the founders of the Well of Eternity are just treehuggers now? Kaldorei wielded powerful magic before and they still do now. Arcane magic is one of the basis of Kaldorei society.

2 Likes

Care to source this?
I haven’t seen Shen’dralar do anything significant that Humans, Draenei, High/Blood Elves or Nightborne haven’t yet done.

They’ve opened and maintained a portal or two, but what else…?
The Highborne Mage, Amberwind created some lackluster Constructs that had already been outlawed and bested by Quel’Thalas.
I haven’t seen them wield the powers of the arcane that the Humans were later capable of, when they established the Kirin Tor and empowered the Guardian.
I also haven’t seen them practice and weave blood magic, that the Blood Elves have done.

I mean, who are they other than a sideline faction that Blizzard only uses when absolutely necessary. I mean, they weren’t used in Nar’thalas, Suramar or Zin-Azshari. The last time they did anything before BFA, was warning the Alliance forces in Pandaria of the Horde attack on Darnassus, where concerns were raised that the Horde’s agents were planning to steal the Divine Bell.

They played a big part In the battle for Azeroth book “Elegy” and also their leader was in the warfront and he didn’t die, he escaped.

1 Like

Opening portals is hardly groundbreaking.
And their leader just used arcane missiles and then teleported away. Who is he anyway…Bob Evenshade?

Humans have been doing that, plus more.

Give me something else to go off, which is exciting.

1 Like

In the book they did a lot. They even slowed down the horde forces a lot and that enraged Lady Moon so she ordered her dark rangers to kill them. While a few died the rest escaped. And the Night Elven forces even cheered at them for like the first times. Just because they aren’t shown ingame doesn’t mean they aren’t important. And he’s called Mordent Evenshade not Bob. And what did Elisande do? She knew she was gonna die so she turned back the time 2 times yet she still failed. At least he wasn’t killed and got away. She had the Nightwell right next to her (literally) yet she was still killed easily. He had only his powers and he till managed to escape easily.

1 Like

Just thought I’d repost these with embed pics for people to see.:innocent:

I really wish we could have a proper dark purple skin for nelf females (as we have for the males!) plus a very pale skin for the both of them. (As a matter of facts, as stated in another post, I really do not get why nel males and females should have different skin colors)

For what concerns the markings I also strongly support the addition of a range of new colors, and see no reason why they couldn’t go full rainbow. Pink, white, black, orange and blue are colors of nelf hair, and their eyes can be golden so yellow markings could work as well.

White could be especially interesting, as some glowing markings on a dark skin would look really awesome and totally fit as well (moonglow).

Oh, and proper facial markings for the males as well please. Sure, the body tattoos are nice, but again… why give male and females so different features? They both should have both.

They were opening portals to Darnassus for soldiers, supplies and other things.
Sylvanas killing them was only common n sense.

Whether she would have attacked Stormwind, Ironforge or Exodar - these cities would have had the same Magi do the same thing and Sylvanas’ actions wouldn’t have been any different.
Whether it was Human Mages, Gnome Mages or Draenei Mages, the Horde Rangers would have still shot them down as primary targets.

So did Jaina Proudmoore during the Battle for Dazar’alor

But if they aren’t shown in-game and are hardly used in the books and novellas, that is a sign that Blizzard doesn’t really think about them.

I mean, we have literally had 3 zones over the course of the past 2 expansions dedicated to night elf mage lore and we literally only had one shen’dralar stand around in the Mage order Hall doing nothing.
The main people involved in that story arc were Humans and Blood Elves with a small amount of high elf presence thrown in.

That’s the joke. He is hardly ever used.
It’s surprising people know who he is.

But Elisande wasn’t Shen’dralar and she did have a huge backstory, which involved Queen Azshara, the Temple of Elune and the Legion.
She was also the only governor of the Empire who bore the title of “Grand Magistrix” whilst the others (possibly aside from Lestharia Vashj) were Prince or Princess. She was also indirectly referenced by Azshara to Thalyssra in the Drowned Market.

Before we fought Elisande, Blizzard have her a big story that we knew about.

She was always destined to die. Nobody thought of any other fate for her. Your right, she did fall to Azeroth’s Champions, as did Gul’Dan, the Avatar of Sargeras, Kil’jaedon and Argus.

Mordent was just some random guy in a city primarily used by the low level players, but still used by some level 80’s, who did nothing but argue with a random sentinel.

Hello US Forum, hello Blizzard!

I hope you read that (Blizzard). :slightly_smiling_face:

I´m from Germany and currently i´m in Draenor. I found in my Garrison a Nightelf and want to ask if it possible to get his skin color for the Night Elf Customization. He looks a little bit like a black Nightelf, more a brown skin color.

I hope it´s possible! :blush: :blush: :blush:

3 Likes

I think it would be skin number 7, which is some sort of brownish skin tone.

I have made for you a mock-up of the character in the Shadowlands Dressing Room available on Wowhead. :slightly_smiling_face:

Hope that helps!

Personally, I really hope players can get as a customization this neat male haircut, already in use by a number of Night Elf mages such as Maelir (Teldrassil) and Tarelvir by the entrance in the Hall of the Guardian:

And before you say: no, unfortunately wearing the same helmet won’t give you the same haircut!

1 Like

With the confirmation that more options will come I hope these Highborne options will be added or some of them at least. Pretty pls Blizzard if you are listening

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.