Night elf paladins should happend in DF too

Back in Legion, night elf paladins were properly introduced by paladin class hall, we even had an questline regarding two of them.

I guess since Blizz is slowly removing class restrictions, i think it is obvious night elf paladins should happend durning DF. I’m suprised they didin’t happend not even on BfA or SL.

1 Like

The title Paladin is a rather “human” invention.

Sunwalkers and Blood Knights are not usually called Paladins. With a reason.

So my question to you would be: are you looking for Night Elf “paladins” to be introduced to the game or Night Elves (…) with Paladin game mechanics?

If the latter, what would be the “title” for this new Night Elf class? Any suggestions?

1 Like

Night elf Paladins would likely be members of the sisterhood of Elune who took up arms to fight, so something like, Moon Warriors, Starbringers, Guardians of Elune or simply Huntresses would fit well.

2 Likes

except they totally are Turalyon even calls lady liadrin a paladin

High Exarch Turalyon says: What’s this? Horde invaders, with a paladin in command? What has this world come to?

so prepare to get spalshed with some human potential ™ and become a generic paladin just like everyone else :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I am looking forward to the paladin Mechanostrider for gnome paladins.

1 Like

This is alliance bias.

1 Like

To be fair, when you’re among the first human Paladins, heavily armored Knights that use a divine power, you define yourself as a Paladin and then find an enemy that uses the same magic as you do - how should he have called her in your opinion? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

My guess is that they will implement NE Paladins along with class skins someday. For Kal’dorei Paladins, Moonlight based skills would be a more fitting visual.

On the other hand, the Night Elves pray to an entity that emits Light and was once canoncially stated to be “the only true deity” in Azeroth, but is now probably part of the Life pantheon… I guess, anything is possible.

2 Likes

seriously doubt the night elves will get their own colored light they will use yellow just like every other paladin does

1 Like

I cringe.

Anyway Legion introduced two night elf paladins using the Light and becoming members of the Order of the Silver Hand.

So if nelf paladins get added, they’ll be Light paladins instead of Elunite ones.

1 Like

Because I’m using their actual name? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

I guess we’ll have to wait and see. Especially since Elune went from “only deity” to “arcane moon” to “clueless member of the life pantheon”.

I’m just saying, I really hope they’ll do class skins at some point to reflect the cultures of the races.

1 Like

Of course they wouldn’t give new unique assets to 2 class hall followers, but if it gets added as a new race/class combo they probably will.

1 Like

Kaldorei is the proper name. That weird sign doesen’t exist apart from a single novel writer.

3 Likes

Which is kaldorei, not kal’dorei.

3 Likes

I would find it kinda cringe to care about the spelling of perfectly recognizable fantasy words from the game, but I am too amused by what kinds of irrelevant stuff people can argue about. I mean, what could be more important than the correct spelling of the name the Night Elves have for themselves in a language that isn’t even supposed to be their own? Can’t you read the different pronounciancions of kal’dorei and kaldorei just by looking at the word? Failing one’s scholarly duties towards the important lore texts in this detail is just a disgrace that has to be called out!

It’s about immersion, don’t you see?

1 Like

Fine, so I misspelled it, shame on me.
I mean, it’s not a big leap from “Quel’dorei” and “Sin’dorei” to “Kal’dorei”, is it? :man_shrugging:

It’s not a big leap and most likely an oversight on the side of blizzard or etymological evolution, in that the term Kaldorei or Children of Kalimdor is a great deal older, while the 'dorei is mostly used by the post-sundering highborne splinter groups High Children, Children of the Blood, Children of the Night, Children of whatever the hell “Ren” is supposed to mean (probably void or shadow?)

Either way since the NE paladins from legion are Silver Hand trained and Blizz tends to be lazy when making anything other than a druid these days my money is on generic paladin.

Gnome paladins first.

1 Like

Undead paladins first.

Yeah, let’s undermine Calia’s pro-Alliance agenda by making the Forsaken righteous paladins of the Holy Light! Those knights in shining armor will show the devs the power of the true Horde themes!

1 Like

100%, they will be generic paladins.

Unless Blizzard wants to give each race some identity…which would involve Nightborne Priests and Night Elf Priests and Paladins using the white light of Elune and not the golden “holy” magic.
Same with Forsaken Priests - every spell is shadow based. (Flash Shadow and Prayer of Shadow sounds both funny and quite cool.)

1 Like