[Night Elf & Worgen-RP] Blessings of War II - Public Event - 19th to 22nd of March

Hello Argent Dawn!

While the developments of 8.3 have brought an end to battle in Darkshore, our quest for vengeance continues - Tyrande’s refusal to sign for peace until Sylvanas is dead has opened a new chapter in the War of the Thorns, with forces gathering in Mount Hyjal to prepare to search for the Banshee Queen.

The Hand of Cenarius would once again like to offer Night Elf and Worgen characters an opportunity to prepare for battle - this time a loyalist hunt - by seeking blessings from the Wild Gods, an important aspect of kaldorei worship and belief. We thoroughly enjoyed last year’s event, and as such, have decided to host another - albeit with minor changes.

Over the course of four days, Kaldorei and Worgen that wish to participate and prepare for the hunt are welcome to try and earn the blessing of ONE of the Ancients listed below. While the trials themselves will be the main point of entertainment offered, the casual RP around this event may also be of great interest!

Date: 19th to 22nd of March
Time: Every day at 8 PM server time
Contacts: Selenelion (OOC: Arborist), Mythundis, Ophe (OOC: Urens)

Day 1: Trial of Ashamane

Traits: Unrelenting Ferocity, Fearlessness, Willpower

Individuals who wish to earn Ashamane’s favour are asked to step in front of her shrine with a worthy offering of their choosing, though they shall be of their slain enemies. They will then be instructed to tell of their greatest feat, something that they feel qualifies them to receive the blessing of the great panther spirit. Should they indeed be deemed worthy, the eyes of the statue will flare up purple three times.

When Ashamane has picked her champions, they will then face off against each other in several parallel one versus one melee duels. Only after standing through blood, pain, and perhaps death itself, will they earn the panther’s blessing. Should they surrender, they will be deemed unworthy. While under the shrine’s protection, their potentially lethal wounds will be mended after the fight’s conclusion.

Temporary blessing: Empowers melee attacks and dexterity in battle. Inspires those affected with an unbending will and ability to push through situations they would have given up in before.

Day 2: Trial of the Great Stag

Traits: Wisdom, Devotion, Tenacity, Swiftness of Action

Malorne’s trial is rather simple, but no less difficult. Once again, those who seek to earn the ancient’s favour will be required to place their offering, preferably of a personal nature, in the holy vessel in front of his shrine. Before the eyes of both bystanders and the great stag spirit himself, it is then time for the pilgrim to tell of their gravest mistake and subsequently what they have learned from it. Should the great stag be pleased with you, he will make it known.

Temporary blessing: More spiritual than physical, the great stag blesses those worthy with clarity, allowing them the sharpness of mind they need to enact swift action. They will also be granted the necessary calm they need to execute their plans under emotional or physical pressure.

Day 3: Trial of the Twin Bear

Traits: Endurance, Loyalty, Trust, Wisdom, Might

The trial of Ursoc and Ursol will test the strength of a bond between two individuals, one spellcaster and one melee. The origin of this bond matters little - participants can be brothers-in-arms, friends, mates or siblings. By the end of day two, those pairs that wish to gain the favour of the Twin Bears will be required to find themselves together below the watchful gaze of the Bear Spirit shrine. It is there they will carve their names into its wood and share their most shameful secret with each other.

By the evening of day three, the names of the pairs that were deemed unworthy will have vanished from the wood, while those deemed worthy will still remain (posted on the thread prior to day three). Those chosen will be ready to participate in the second part of the trial: A two-versus-two tournament depicting Ursoc and Ursol - spellcaster and melee. Similar to Ashamane’s trial, they will be granted access to the shrine’s power. This will allow them to utilise the power of the shrine instead of, in the case of druids, wasting the life power of nature. The magic of the shrine will protect participants from fatal strikes, a blow of which will mean defeat. If one person in a pair is defeated, the other pair wins. Surrender is permitted.

Temporary blessing: With Ursoc and Ursol’s blessing, the bonds between the winning pairs grow stronger. The feelings and thoughts of the other person become second nature. They sense each other’s next actions and blows, emotions, negative and positive, as well as their pain. This bond between you and your companion inspires hope and seeds a deep desire to protect each other.

Day 4: Trial of Aviana

Traits: Cunning, Celerity, Vengeance

Tasked by the Mistress of the Birds to recover the abandoned eggs of the Northern Hawk Owls, the pilgrims are to ascend Highmountain Peak and return the eggs to the Temple of Elune - despite the mountain’s dangerous climate. Once atop the peak, and with the eggs safely stowed away, pilgrims will have to leave their fears and doubts behind them - with their only method of return a glider of questionable quality that they will carry up the mountain with them. Observers will be brought up the summit by hippogryph, and ultimately also travel back to the temple that way.

Temporary blessing: The Mistress of Birds grants you the wind’s favour, accelerating your swings, general speed and granting the ability to slow your fall. Your bond to the avian beasts of the wild may strengthen, and on occasion, some may aid you in your most dire need.

Combat Resolution: Ashamane & Twin Bear

Participants are given the opportunity to voice their preference regarding combat resolution: emotes only or rolls. They will be matched according to their preference, however if one pair ends up uneven, then someone will sadly have to make do. Emotes should not extend past two paragraphs.

Trial of Ashamane
Emotes-only: 30 minutes time cap. Participants are asked to wrap things up in the next two rounds past the time limit, and if necessary, decide the outcome with a single roll.

Rolls: 30 minutes time cap. Participants are asked to wrap things up in the next two rounds past the time limit, and if necessary, decide the outcome with a single roll.

Trial of the Twin Bears
Addition 1: Players will be able to ‘intervene’ hits for their team mate, though they will skip their next turn in doing so. In the case of those that chose the ‘roll-mode’, they will automatically lose 1 HP should they intervene (even if not depicted through an actual hit IC).

Addition 2: Spellcasters that are capable of healing will be able to give up their turn to do so. For those who are using rolls, healing will not require a roll and will add 1 HP. However, this will mean that for the duration of a whole turn, the opposite team will be able to make one attack without a roll on the spellcaster.

Emotes-only: 30 minutes time cap. Participants are asked to wrap things up in the next two rounds past the time limit, and if necessary, decide the outcome with a single roll.

Rolls: 30 minutes time cap. Participants are asked to wrap things up in the next two rounds past the time limit, and if necessary, decide the outcome with a single roll.

We aim to avoid a three-team finale as we had it last year, and instead do our best to ensure an even amount of teams participate. We hope that this year the event will be less chaotic and less lengthy!

F.A.Q.

Who can participate?

Any Kaldorei or Worgen that reveres nature, the Wild Gods and Elune. Other races are free to observe for whichever reason they may see fit! Death knights and Demon hunters will not be permitted to participate due to the nature of the characters organising this IC. Their safety will not be guaranteed either.

Why Val’sharah?

Once again we were torn between Hyjal and Val’sharah, and while the developments of the patch clearly speak for Hyjal, we feel that Val’sharah’s updated graphics, the lack of NPCs, fire and phasing, will make for a much more comfortable and immersive experience.

Why can one choose the blessing of only one Ancient?

The idea was sparked by a quest in Darkshore (https://wow.gamepedia.com/The_Ritual_Bond) where the player only gets to choose between the blessings of one of the animal spirits. We feel like it adds weight to the character’s decision and cements their personality and individuality. Furthermore, from a practical perspective, it limits the amount of people that go through each trial and prevents having to decline people from participating!

Trial Locations

Trial of Ashamane (https://imgur.com/a/vG4lGYz)
Trial of the Great Stag (https://imgur.com/a/3RGtCPQ)
Trial of the Twin Bears (https://imgur.com/a/lzBjux6)
Trial of Aviana (https://imgur.com/a/TulvCUX)

Sign-Up Lists

Guilds that intend to show up collectively are encouraged to leave their sign-up below, though it isn’t mandatory. However, individuals that wish to participate in one of the trials (you can only participate in one with each character), please do leave your sign-up either in this thread or via in-game mail. Though the sign-ups won’t influence who passes a trial, it gives us a rough idea about the numbers and helps us prepare.

Note: Those that are interested in the Twin Bear trial, please sign up with your own and your partners name!

Guild Sign-Ups
Hand of Cenarius
The Moonfury
Dirge of Teldrassil

Trial of Ashamane (6/14)
Ophe
Sir Crowton Blakemore
Orys Moonchild
Clawheart
Gwyddhienne
Mynisae

Trial of the Great Stag (5/12)
Nimmel
Turenthil (?)
Stallnorth (?)
Rhodina
Meldir

Trial of the Twin Bears (2/8)
Mythundis Clawheart & Nerathion Vinebranch

Trial of Aviana (4/∞)
Southridge
Norrin
Crescentpaw (OOC: Rikart)
Azshandra

26 Likes

I’ll be first to sign up for Ashamane! Looking forward to helping organise this event, just like last year!

6 Likes

Here we go again!

6 Likes

I missed the last one, I shan’t miss this! Not by a long shot!

Based and naturepilled!

7 Likes

Just like last year’s Blessings, this seems like it will be a strikingly well thought out & finely executed community event with much to do and see. HoC knows how to do it, and to do it well!

9 Likes

Chuckles We’re in danger.

2 Likes

Signing up The Moonfury! Dunno what Trials the squad will wanna do, but we’ll be there! Tempted to go in for Ashamane again m’self.

9 Likes

I’ll see what there is, also depending on RL.

3 Likes

Even though I will not join in on the Blessings, I will try my best to atleast attend the event for some socializing! :smiley:

3 Likes

Greetings, since one of the trials is still empty I want to sign up for the Great Stag one. I’ve never done this before, so I hope I can get Nimmel to bring an appropriate offering and story for the event!

5 Likes

Might try and pop by on my new druid if I can spare the time!

11 Likes

I’d like to sign up the Dirge for this please. I assume that each individual member has to sign up for a trial on their own, yes?

6 Likes

Indeed, though signing up the guild isn’t mandatory. Just serves as an orientation for us.

5 Likes

He better be prepared for some Donkey-behind whooping, since he is a fresh druid from the Druid-Academy/Acedamy/Acadamy/Acedemy… I suck at Common! But He beter be prepared! Else the Wild-Gods will have him! :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Sir Crowton Blakemore of the Dirge of Teldrassil signing up for the Trial of Ashamane! :wolf: :crescent_moon: :crazy_face: :dagger:

Seems like a pretty epic :100: community contribution from the Hand :raised_hand: of Cenarius. :deciduous_tree: Big props to them for hosting!

8 Likes

A brief reminder that this’ll happen in about two weeks - if you’d like to attend a trial, sign up on the forums and you’ll be added to the list.

3 Likes

Sign me up for Aviana, please!

2 Likes

Not going to be able to get my druid high enough to get to the Broken Isles unassisted in time for the event, but I would love for him to partake in the Trial of the Great Stag.

Would that be possible?

3 Likes

That’d be fine! I’m sure we can summon you before the Trial itself (before others, if you’d like to watch?) as there’s an easy summoning stone by Darkheart Thicket/Emerald Nightmare. What’s your character’s name?

1 Like

Awesome! It’s on this toon here.

Is there a specific day this particular trial is occuring, or can I choose any of the three days? My preference would be Saturday if possible. I’m not 100% assured of attendence yet, but will let you know ASAP if I have to drop out.

Most server events fall around the time we do the bedtime routine with my daughter, so I have to manage it carefully!

3 Likes