Ninja Looters

Yep. All I’m saying that custom shouldn’t have been necessary to begin with.

OP what are you even on about? BoE items were always all need, especially epics, even in actual vanilla. You have to view them not as BoP item that you consider or not consider using. They are a gold pinata, you can spend the gold on yourself (equip the BoE) or take the gold (sell it on ah). It has always been this way as far as I remember. And your group seems to get it too (they all rolled need), you are the only one who whines about it, and you rightfully got a ridicule from the guild for running to them trying to tell on a member who exhibited a normal, standard behavior. You are lucky if you didn’t end up on THEIR blacklist.
You are the one in the wrong. Deal with it.

1 Like

Nope. Coming from a toxic realm community, then maybe!

I played on The Venture Co. and Sporeggar, both RP-PVP servers with supposedly “mature” community. Rolling need on BoE was a standard behavior. There was even a saying - “Everyone needs gold”.

Idk the RP servers have never been the more mature ones.

1 Like

Yeah, well, that’s just, like, your opinion, man.

Im just saying in a generally objective look at what most people see as mature.

Well the thing is that I doubt that anybody will feel the “classic penalty” for ninjaing before people start to get to higher levels.
The higher the level of the community, the more the rules set’s in (and the words spread swiftly in settled community) And eventually it will become the norm.

Also I suspect that it has something to do with that people have jumped from server to server, maybe multiple times. And if they do not plan on staying, stuff like this happens.

It might not be exactly as in classic, but I am sure that something will develope.

Playing myself back then, I remembered it was Etiquette (spells?) that you could only roll need on something you actually needed. Gear for your class etc. If a class specific item dropped it went automaticly to the person of that class.

I remember that I was flamed for needing gems once, and was taught that you have to share your proffession and skill level of it, in order for it to be ok to need on crafting items lol

Again I am not expecting that it will be like that again, the memories just suddonly came back to me by this topic

Can’t you set up a “Master Loot” as a loot option?
It’s up to them if they want to run with it or no then.

You can of course and its what you need to do to be sure in the end, it’s just that people wish others had a less toxic behaviour so they could use the roll system in it’s intended way.

Imagine shilling so hard that you have to invent justifications for a flawed outdated feature. /slurp
That tells me a lot about what you do when a loot windows pops up.

no hes right. its part of the social interaction system.

Will never truly be, only to people with a negative view on life :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

We live in a whicked society full of egoists and sociopaths.
Others can wish all they want, but unless it’s premade group that trusts each other you cannot expect random person to be trusted.
It’s common sense.

Common sense would also be for everyone to just be a good person to begin with because in the end they would earn more from that than the opposite.
I suppose they missed the reminder on that.

Have to say I disagree. If someone needs it and is actually going to equip it then I will roll greed.

2 Likes

This is correct.

There is no clear cut rule other than use common sense, aka treat others as you want to be treated.

When people acted like entitled ‘word’ back in the day, they got put on a blacklist, either because of ninja looting or just behaving really bad towards other players.

A blacklist is meant to protect the server community. It doesn’t take that many bad seeds before a community becomes toxic, after all. A blacklist prevents that, and back in the original game, people on my server at least were really harsh when people behaved in a toxic manner.

I know people who got into it so bad they had to roll on a different server because their behavior made it impossible for them to get into any guilds or parties.

It’s not though.

Ever since the first mmorpg, Need = You’re gonna use it. Greed = You don’t need it but could sell it/disenchant it etc. Pass = You pass because you see no value in the item.

Those who roll need on everything are the kind of players who needs on stuff with the purpose of selling said item(s) for profit, even though others may have rolled need because it would’ve been an upgrade for them.

People defending such behavior are more than likely ninja looters themselves and get triggered whenever someone brings up this topic because they fear that they have to face reality sooner rather than later once more people open their eyes and start adding people to a blacklist on their respective servers.

1 Like

It’s BoE, so unless specific loot rules were agreed beforehand, then EVERYBODY rolls “need” on them. OP is in the wrong here.

4 Likes

Lol “real gamer” cringe warning.

Thats what community is all about. Spread the word that he’s a dumbo, mention it if he’s looking for party members in chat, since there’s no automated system here that silently invites him to parties with ease.

1 Like