No built-in quest helper for WotLK

Sooo we get a new RDF so we don’t have to suffer with the crappy UI of what we’re using right now, even though there were a substantial amount of people against RDF in the first place.

But now we can’t do the same for a simple toggle-to-enable feature to replace an addon almost everyone uses with something better, while literally no one is against it?

Logic?

1 Like

Wow! No quest-helper! Thanks for the good news! where did you see this?

1 Like

There was an interview and screenshots are on https://www.reddit.com/r/classicwow/

Thanks!!! I hope you can still use Questie. But I’m happy. And then again … #NoChanges, even if the changes for once is one I like. SO no … #NoChanges is better.

• Keep LFD, Dual spec, QuestHelper-in-map, Race and Faction changes in Wrath Classic (but not at launch)

• Give 2 Era servers for TBCC

• Let the RP servers survive

Who care really. If you don’t want to read quests just install Questie.

It’s not like they’re preventing any quest helper in the game.

You are correct, it’s a minor fix on your side with very little practical influence, assuming someone updates Questie. At the same time, adding a button to disable such features from the interface doesn’t seem like that much work either…

One might question what their motives are, and for who they’re making these changes exactly and what it means for the further course of the game. The fact they felt the need to state they wouldn’t block quest aiding add-ons, is a little frightning in itself, I wouldn’t even think that was being considerd or why that would need to be brought up.

Some weird stuff is going on.

IMO they are trying to experience things with Classic and to keep Classic “really Classic” and maybe “too much Classic” for some players.

This type of #Changes must have been approved by many people at Blizzard.

Just imagine, 2022 Blizzard not adding extra services like race/faction change while they could make a ton of money with it.

They just want to try to guess the “what went wrong”

1 Like

… or trying to prove that we really do not want Classic :frowning:

A blue post posted in a similar thread on the us forums and he said that they changed their mind, quest helper is not being removed.

I hear there is an add on called bulletin board which is an addon LFG and many people are using it. What is the difference between Bulletin board and an RDF I ask. Better a proper RDF that warps you straight to instance imo.

They are 100% using this as A/B testing. I think this change is pretty minor though, we all have questie. And they did say it’ll come in a later patch, no?

No, we do not all use Questie.
I hope it will not come until much later!

i hope they keep to their plan of not including the built-in quest helper, questie being optional is how it oughta be, keep the default experience faithful to the classic philosophy and let people install questie on their own if they want it different, that’s the beauty of addons anyway

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.