No low ranked soldiers lore figures?

No, shut up. Zekhan and Talanji are clearly more complex than the Warcraft III originals.

Also, now that I think about it, do people even know his name is Zekhan? Most people I see on the internet still call him Zappy Boy. He’s had a name for one year now!

Look I never claimed that he is complex I claimed that he is promising. Luke Skywalker also started as mook it took him time to become Jedi Knight. And you spoke on how is more popular than “more complex characters” well who are they Arctur. Please tell us which wow characters are complex according to you.

Even though Lasan is a tauren chieftain, he doesn’t seem like one. Especially during bfa intro questline, where he’s just a generic flymaster. Unfortunately many characters, who are supposed to have a high rank (like Thalyssra for example) are used not as low ranked soldiers but rather as agents, which doesn’t make them better characters.

1 Like

It should be obvious that characters like Jaina, Thrall, Malfurion, Sylvanas herself, etc. are more complex (as in developed) than characters who became lore figures in the first place just because of a meme. This is not an opinion, this is a fact. We are talking about characters who have decades of character development (good or bad does not matter) behind their backs. Hence why they are very clearly more popular than random characters like Zekhan or generic Mary Sue Talanji.

Your comparison with Luke Skywalker is stupid. Zekhan is very clearly not being built up as the Horde protagonist of BfA.

Unfortunately, bad development does matter. This is exactly why people love new characters without decades of ruination behind them.

Or did you enjoy Jaina caressing that Thrall biceps in an expansion that started with her saying “You were right, father” ?

3 Likes

Is he? The pararell to Luke is quite visible. Scared rookie finds old well known mentor, goes to battle, gets out free from fist encounter. On second movie he goes on venture alone gets captured and harmed (loses hand) the gossips are that he got captured and harmed. If Saurfang dies then his Obi-wan role will be fullfilled so Zekhan could step up to be the new champion.

And LOL you call Talanji Mary Sue( where she clearly isn’t and haven’t done anything to deserve such a title) . And calling Jaina “complex” -Jaina who has yoyo bi-polar personality, sluts with every major char -and one if then was a friggin dragon, got killed AND ressurected, and gets away scott free from plenty her faults. But
Another reminder to not take your opinion seriously.

Rastakhan was with us for one patch and he was more complex than Thrall and had much better character arc.

1 Like

I didn’t enjoy it, just like I have my issues with some of her character development in other moments. But my argument is not that she is a good character, it’s that she is a very popular character, and that’s because she has a lot of character development. And in this case it won’t matter if it’s good or bad. The casual viewers eat trash character development without caring.

Is he? The pararell to Luke is quite visible. Scared rookie finds old well known mentor, goes to battle, gets out free from fist encounter. On second movie he goes on venture alone gets captured and harmed (loses hand) the gossips are that he got captured and harmed. If Saurfang dies then his Obi-wan role will be fullfilled so Zekhan could step up to be the new champion.

No. He is very clearly not being built up as the protagonist. Of all the lore development that happened since 8.1, he is nowhere to be seen.

And LOL you call Talanji Mary Sue( where she clearly isn’t and haven’t done anything to deserve such a title) . And calling Jaina “complex” -Jaina who has yoyo bi-polar personality, sluts with every major char -and one if then was a friggin dragon, got killed AND ressurected, and gets away scott free from plenty her faults. But

Given how you very clearly failed to read my post, as I made it clear that by “complex” I meant “developed”, you need to go back to school. Perhaps then you’ll start using articles too.

Rastakhan was with us for one patch and he was more complex than Thrall and had much better character arc.

Are you sure you didn’t get people confused when you moaned about an opinion that shouldn’t be taken seriously?

Rastakhan’s brilliant character arc in BfA:

1. Get betrayed by his trusted advisors while being completely oblivious to their betrayal
  2. Almost die
  3. Make a deal with the loa of death then fight Zul ala cheesy supercomic fight scene, complete with a shameless 300 reference
  4. Wait lazily on his throne while the Alliance comes to kill him
  5. Serve as a raid boss with cheesy dialogue
  6. Dead.

10/10 character development, truly.

1 Like

Well if you write such a sleazy summary then every character is shallow.

Look at your Elsa :
-preach about just wanting to have peave and read books
-for 2 years her city is on agressive warmachine
-horde retaliates and nukes the city
-shocked pikachu meme

1. Kill Horde
    -Thrall and Kalec “no don’t kill”
    -ok

Few patches later horde revels the guy who nuked her city and fought side by side on her own very eyes.
-dismantle the Hord!

WoD happens when the Horde is actually lead by level headed leader
-“Hord is bad Reeeeee!”

In Legion Warchief dies
-“Hord betrayed. They bad Reee!”

BfA where Horde actualky does bad things under crazy Warchief.
-I listen father!
2 patches later:
-“I just want to be friends with you gais oooh nice green bicep! May I touch it?”

Also she never faced real consequences for being traitor she just makes sad faces all the time.

She is a joke character. Rastakhan commited mistakes paid for them and was on path to correct them, he died defending his nation and it’s sourveignity.

And no-you called Talanji mary sue and then you back truck in shoddy manner that you argue about complexity. This is subject river but I argue that spotlight lenght and qualitt doesn’t equal to good character creation. It’s really that simple.

2 Likes

The difference being, I didn’t claim that Jaina had good character development, merely that she had much more character development, which is a fact.

And no-you called Talanji mary sue and then you back truck in shoddy manner that you argue about complexity. This is subject river but I argue that spotlight lenght and qualitt doesn’t equal to good character creation. It’s really that simple.

Considering how it’s you who deflected by claiming that my opinion should not be taken seriously, No. And considering how you once again did not understand my original argument, which was not that these characters like Jaina are much more popular characters because they are good character, but because they are very developed.

No I argued that their development doesn’t make them good characters and provided reasons why new characters are getting appreciated by fanbase. You’re ofc entilted to disagree with it but it all boils down to preference.

1 Like

Which is not what I was arguing in the first place… I never said they were good characters. I said they were the most developed and complex characters, which is why they are so popular. I’m also not denying that new characters have their popularity, mostly derived from memes and not the actual story, what I am denying, which is a point that someone else made before you deflected, is that they are certainly not more popular than characters with 20 years of development behind their back.

A character being complex/developed is not subjective, it’s objective. Especially when they have so many years of development. We can argue if that development is good or bad, but that was not my point.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.