No more GDKP runs Phase 2 (Experimental Policy)

No More GDKP Runs

We are experimenting with a new policy which will no longer allow GDKP runs in Season of Discovery. While we understand that there are some benefits for those who find this a convenient way to gain gear, we also recognize that there are concerns surrounding the erosion of traditional guild and social structures that are a part of the spirit of Season of Discovery. Given the experimental nature of Season of Discovery, we want to try things without this type of transaction taking place in this game mode. With the launch on February 8, we will be restricting this activity. We will have more information to share on our official channels and will be monitoring feedback closely.

15 Likes

Ya, this made me laugh xD

Oh my god i wish i could get in to Joha**** GDKP discord right now and see the absolute tears pouring from all the people who paid his $300 “season fee” to be on their starting roster for their SoD GDKP runs hahahahahaha…GL getting a refund tryhards.

18 Likes

I don’t know how this ban will be implemented, but in case if gold=item trades will be banned, people will just bid for some popular reagents instead of gold. It is very hard to ban people for dividing loot as they want, I think the maximum effect they will achieve will be ban of GDKP spam in LFG chat but they still will exist in discords.

1 Like

Unfathomably based

1 Like

What in the actual f?! People do this? How degen can you be to pay almost a new console’s worth of money to get a spot in a raid when a guild is the same but free.

2 Likes

The only way I can imagine this being enforced is monitoring advertisement in game, removing the ability to trade gold in a raid and binding items to a person when they zone out.
These can all be circumvented ofc but the threat of a ban will scare at least some people off.

Or, they shadow-updated warden to track suspicious gold interactions, and they are giving a warning to GDKP boosters/buyers, but it’s Blizzard, so probably they’ll do something about what you suggest.

they will just use popular reagents as currency instead of gold in that case.

Wait what ? People PayPal rl Money to get a gdkp spot? Lmao i didnt know how deep gdkp could get

1 Like

Finally!
Now if they would permaban accounts asking for GS, Logs and such everything would be golden.

It’s absurd that u can barely get a raidspot on a new toon because people are sweaty as all hell.

3 Likes

and people said i was dumb in the forums/classic sub reddit for my anti GDKP posts

look who is dumb now

4 Likes

I like GDKP (not done any yet in SOD as I’ve been working loads RL). In fact no raiding at all yet. I don’t have the time to log on on the dot at certain times for a raid every few days. GDKP was perfect for a social player like myself as I can plan them around my shift work and family life rather than doing it the other way around. And no, I’ve never bought gold for real money, just play the AH well. Guess there’s always pvp until boredom makes me look for another game.

This is understandable for 40 man raids that take 2+ hours to clear, not for a 10m that takes as much times as a deadmines run. There’s pugs literally every 10 mins.

1 Like

And how long will they stay 10 man? And what kind of GS does one need to even have a change of getting in one.

That guy openly advertises his discord in trade and LFG channels and has like 3k members on it on Firemaw Classic Era and Living Flame SoD and like…his RMT channels are loaded with crap to “guarantee a spot for the season”, pre-buy raid items with $$$, all sorts of stupid stuff

1 Like

the only way a “social” player can keep up with GDKPs is via buying gold
becuase if you dont have time becuase of real life
where do the gold come from you need to use in a GDKP?
too often we have heard that exuse
and too often it dont ad up: seeing some good geared person saying they dont have time to raid & other stuff becuase of real life, joining GDKPs
but refuse to explain where the gold come from they needed to get the gear becuase it cant be from farming becuase they dont have time

even if there was no botting/gold sellers at all
GDKP is still insane healthy for the game and too heavy gatekeeping and can make it impossible for a casual player to even get loot

so yeah GDKP is not casaul friendly unless you buying gold
infact its the most sweatie tryhard way to get gear if you dont buy gold
it is like this only becuase you have to compeat with other who buy gold or self is tryharding gold/hour farming

GDKP 1000g for a lvl 25 Purple?

Just putting this out there

3 Likes

This is big W gz Blizzard. P2 gonna be a blast :d

2 Likes

That would make me quit game so hard.

I should not be forced to group with low geared.

1 Like