No new city for Night elves - Bel'Ameth the Capital village

In theory it’s not very different from Suramar. The only issue there is of course they never made it a player city (unfortunately!). Maybe that has been the reason tho, that both Horde and Alliance did the questline there, and they were worried about the feedback if they made it a Horde city? No idea, only strikes me now that you have put it that way, I’ve wondered before why they left such a gorgeous place in limbo.

One can dream.

I think my trust is rather worthless at this point. Not let go of the hope yet though. I tend to cling on to it.

3 Likes

If Silvermoon is neutral, I want a high elf and void elf district ! :raised_hands:

2 Likes

I stick with having low expectations. This way I am never disappointed and only pleasantly surprised!

1 Like

I hope so. If not, I dunno. Pfff!

I hope so, while the town looks nice, having PCs like ElfSlayer the Orc Warrior and NelfBurner the Forsaken mage waddling around as if they own the place would kind of ruin the vibe for me…

Have you put in a report about it? Could be a bug.

2 Likes

We will see if this is a case when actual 10.2.5 launches, so far it is like W.I.P stuff being laid on the latest PTR build, I think there will be more updates regarding this throughout the PTR. But if it ends up like this without even bank or AH, then yeah it is quite a disappointment, they just ditched night elves

2 Likes

I think you are, considering we have portals to Alliance locations and a boat to Feralas

It’s not Dalaran or Shattrath, where you have portals for Orgrimmar and Stormwind; Bel’Ameth only has portals to Alliance locations and a port to an Alliance settlement on Kalimdor.

oh yeah, I have seen the video from one youtuber covering PTR, and I saw that he was horde and there were other hordies roaming around the Bel’ameth, I hope it will not end up neutral city, no night elf will forgive the horde for burning their last place they could call home

3 Likes

Because there had to be an equivalent given to the Alliance. There wasn’t one so that place is left to rot. I really wish they’d bring it back. Such a nice city.

That’s if you ignore all the story in the novels and what the entire race’s reason for being in ruins and forest for 10k years.

You also have to ignore that night elves are made from the arcane, and their aptitude and proliferation of it.

Also, this isn’t really about the arcane, but that is also worth mentioning for the role it plays and the contrast and counter balance it gives the night elves , keeping them to their original mandate.

And having cities does not = to the arcane but nonetheless while they have an entire arcane using faction with lots of new recruits, they can help build a better city than Darnassus was which was built without their mages, how much more now?

The night elves are ELVES,. And the elves all the others come from. It’s working against the grain of your established lore, to cut the dark elf side out completely when the race was built entirely with the duality of dark elf and wood elf tropes having the best, and has been shown both great arcane and nature use.

You diminish it to just focus on nature, and it sort of undoes the quality and epic nature of the race.

Blizzard just don’t know how to do epic anymore, they made an epic race and keep cutting it down and cutting it down.

this inspires zero confidence to buy their materials, their books and novels, and then play their game for the characters and stories you love only to see half of it removed, and most of it chopped off to be replaced by just a few huts and a tree.

great… ! No, not great it sucks. Blood elves are the day version of the night elves, not as complete because they’ve strayed… They only focused on the arcane.

Meanwhile the Night elves have both the arcane and nature back again , like they did in the pre-sundering, the night elves history has shown they have both elements, because this is what makes the elves.

The blood elves get that arcane propensity from the night elves, you undermine the night elves by eliminating it entirely…it’s completely un-necessary.

if you want a a pure forest side, you simply have that via the druids, or the Darnassain faction you could make that, however you then have to ensure the Highborne faction is a separate faction to enable the urban and civilised bit.

But this isn’t the direction they went, they combined them so they would have a society that was balanced like the early days of the pre-sundering era, and that is when night elves achieved their greatest - this is their lore.

Why undo something good for something worse? Just so you can keep the pretty bits of the elves on the horde, and have all the non-elven bits on the alliance - might as well call them trolls - but wait, trolls already exist.

If you don’t have magic and beauty, you are not the elf race type - can’t expect to be elf and be without arcane magic or love of forests, and certainly not expect us to believe the night elves are the original elves, if they are only druid types with nothing else to them.

1 Like

You relaly can’t create a race and give it such pheneomnal arcane and nature parts - in your book and games, which people become fans of precisely beacuse of it, then go later on downt he line, oh we’re cutting it out, and giving it to the horde, or only developing i there.

Why? because some you tuber doesn’t understand the whole night elf picture or only liked one aspect, and forgot their were people who simply adore the pre-sundering lore, like the idea of a night elf civilization, done properly, expect the night elves to be the best version of themselves because of the journey the lore took them through - which means great cities and forests without hubris, addiction or corruption of nature or arcane.

All they will see it as is blizzard nerfing and destroying and removing. t hey see night elves as having something quite impressive, and being impressive then having all that stuff cut off, either destroyed, or exported to the horde rather than shared…

Why do you think you have the image of the forest only being a night elf thing? And not cities? Who failed to visualise the lore books of the night elves in game until legion? who forgot to show the majority of the night elf classes doing anything serious? who failed to show the night elves were powerful when in challenging situations. There are a huge fans of Suramar, Zin’Azshari, Darnassus, the Shen’dralar, the Moonguard, the Demon Hunters and the Night elf civilization =- the excellence, the high standards etc. Why do you think the nightborne were so popular? They were showcasing the night elven civilization side…there.

There have been fans of this since Wc3 when the books came out, and the lore spoke of the night elves, then wow showed the ruins and the game teased a proper night elf city. And finally delivered in Legion, only to not give it to the night elves,… how unfair to the fans - cheating them of it. the least they could do is give them something as good or better later down the line…

2 Likes

Came here to say this :joy_cat:

Blizz have laid out 3 expansions worth of concepts for us. They are actually thinking long term at last (or perhaps telling us they thing long term for the first time). It wouldn’t be surprising if they build up the new village/town/city over several years. Like it would be built.

I for one would find that really immersive, and I hope they do it and possibly include some dailies for player contributions in exchange for some cosmetics and rep.

Although I think they could maybe have done things like provide more temporary accommodation using root hollows as large scale shelters. Not like the houses in Darnassus really had any more than a roof and 2 walls. Bit odd for something on the same latitude as Winterspring, but there it was being conspicuously Mediterranean.

Bel’ameth Preview in Patch 10.2.5 - The New Night Elf Capital - Wowhead News

Just saw this. It looks great. Looks alive and that’s not even the whole of it.

We’ve been burned sooo many times. While Amirdrassil is stunning as a zone and tree, even the village buildings look nice, following hte leigon models in Val’sharah.

We definitely do want to see a decent night elf metropolis for night elves. I’m thinking they have one in Feralas, Eldre’thalas, or they revamp nar’thalas or share Suramar

1 Like

Can’t fall asleep how upset I am so I am rushing through internet. Aparently Bel’ameth will really be neutral city. Horde can even use flight paths, buy tabard cloak and shoulders now.

What a damn joke

3 Likes

That reminds me of a thought that crossed my mind a while back. I’d love it if they did a patch on arcane magic and the different ‘academies’ for it, explain more about how it is taught by the different cultures, the lessons themselves and such. Just a lot of flavour and hopefully hapless experiments, cool particles and amazing locations.

Sort of Harry Potter meets Highborne, Kirin Tor and the Sin’dorei :wink:

Has it been confirmed or is it a conclusion derived from the PTR?

For now ptr.
But looks like it will not change. Since they can interact with npcs and buy stuff, and if they get attacked by Night Elf, guards kill Night Elf and defend horde.
Maybe it will change, but I have really bad feeling about this. Cross facton guilds, groups, peececraft etc. Not looking well. So 6 years for this :frowning:

I understand, I can see it going either way myself. If it’ll be neutral, I’ll expect an invitation to Thunder Bluff (best Horde city), and for Suramar to finally be city-fied for us players on both sides! :smile: