No new city for Night elves - Bel'Ameth the Capital village

Aparently we do, because it have to be some insane reality of some insane person in Blizzard to even come up with stupid story like this and even stupidest conclusion of it

The thing is whole war of thorns was crap product of a feeble mind, and I’m not even talking about teldrassil burning, it was crap from the moment the whole storyline started, and imagine my, ehm, surprise that there are people who base their “race pride” on the events of this storyline, and want proper continuation of it :face_with_raised_eyebrow:.
Who would have thought that you are an afrasiabi fan.

cities dont just pop up over night they grow…

Yea it was, and it should have never happen. The whole WoW team is responsible not only Afrasiabi for it.
Only thing good I can say about that man is, at least he knew what War in World of Warcraft is.
And Night elfs was basing their Race Pride on being slaughtered? LOL. Why do you think we players are so pissed at this?
But you liking this wokecraft stupidity and all living together happily ever after is not surprising since your race shared a bed with demons for 10 000 years :stuck_out_tongue:
So you don’t count as any authority about preaching for Bel’Ameth should be a neutral city. The only ones who should have any right to say something about it are Night ELfs and no one else, and guess what will be their answer…

Orgirmmar, Teldrassil, Stormwind, Thunderbluf, Ironforge, and later Silvermoon and Exodar all popped out of nowhere. Are they not? the moment we started playing 20 years ago all the core races cities was there. the moment BC launched both Exodar and Silvermoon was there and if Alliance player wants to enter this cities, they better do it in large raid.

Now horde will have their victim’s capital city as their chilling place

Afrasiabi is director, other writers are tools to direct.

Oh, that’s the next problem, you don’t realize that faction war is obsolete since MoP and even before mop war was very sketchy because wc3 basically draw a conclusion to orcs vs humans conflict, and everything that happened in wow requires suspension of disbelief.

You are whining about being a victim, for many people being a victim is a source of their pride yes, look at many small ethnicities and cultures around the world.

I Like wokecraft stupidity since Warcraft 3

I don’t care for boring, lame race of treehuggers, the worst part even not that they are boring but they are occupying 50% of story in almost every expac, and lore of highbornes is actually interesting
Its fascinating that much more interesting blood elves are out of the picture most of the time but treehuggers are in every every corner of the story

He had a boss. Hazzikostas

Wrong, it is a core of World of Warcraft. The fact you don’t like it is your problem. Should never end. Too much bad blood between factions. And slapping new Capital city as neutral out of nowhere is not a way to fix it.
If they wanted to go this route they should have do it like this.
The two races who we know for certain on the horde side that didn’t participate in WOT and Buning/genocide are Tauren and NIghtborne. Make them horde ampassadors in this city for Night Elfs. Hell make the same for every city, but don’t allow free access to every damn characters of opposite faction. Seed of Renewal right? that’s the name of the next patch. Plant a seeds like this, no one will mind. 10 years down the road maybe we can all become friends. I would not like it but that I could menage to pass with it.
This is NOT the way

Dude, If there is a victim race in WoW it’s Night Elfs. Since their introduction to this day they are a god damn victims. They defeated damn Legion. Now they need miserable horde to help them ??
Pride for victims? I never heard of anyone like that. In my life. If there are some, they must be sick and search for some professional help

I know, so why are you even posting on Nelf topics? Unless you are a troll, and I don’t mean WoW Troll
And jump back 6 years before all this Burning of Teldrassil happened. Found me 2 complaints of Night Elf player except about their false depiction in wow as tree huggers.
The content they get is all trash. While blizzard is talking how they listen, they are liars.
What ever community puts out that is the problem, especially with Night Elfs, they do it opposite and bring even bigger insult to the race.
Bel’Ameth is just latest nail in the coffin.
So, to hell with them
Not gonna answer to you anymore btw so don’t bother typing. I learned all I need to know about who you are

but they were already established by the lore lol the new one is still building

We knew about new capital city for Night Elfs (well now for horde) a year now. Plenty of time to be built already in game terms

I don’t think Ion has specialization in story writing.

Next problem: it’s absolutely useless to argue with you because you are throwing statements without backing them up with arguments, for example I argued that faction war is resolved in mop and arguably even in wc3, you countered it with “nuh-uh” and somehow I supposed to argue with it. What the hell is even woke, thought you are standing for story coherency, not your agendas political stance.

There were tauren and nightborne players, don’t ya stand for story coherency? And races being blamed for actions of individuals from respected races

See? They are everywhere, it’s jarring

Apart from this discussion i trolled you, yes

Ok last one because clearely you don’t know the story.

Game director, ofc he knew

This is not a political stance, it’s is fact. Google it. Mostly under word woke you will found disney and his failures with that propaganda and loosing multiple trillion of dollars for it

Read Elegy and A Good War. they are free on Blizz site
Baine and Tauren was tricked out of Orgrimmar because sylvanus knew they will be against it and Nightborne was not even mentioned in either of the books as far as I remember

Yea, they are but with a good reason. Players are pissed. Rightfully so. There are tons of topics about horde changing warchiefs as I change my underwear.
And no one else wants that to end then Night Elf players, you can be sure of that

Glad that you confirmed with your own words

So what? Its not like he can quality control everything that story team writes

Can you answer completely, not only “WOKE DISNEY AGENDA GAYS PEACE” part, and no I didnt born yesterday, I know implications of the word woke.

And? Really, I don’t know how to argue it because we still had tauren players as representatives that participated in burning, or do you advocate for players not being canon?

Even IRL horde players are busy burning teldrassil and hating night elves, it’s so sad, Alexa play despacito

Only thing I am going to answer here and this is,. I don’t care about that. I am talking about DEI hiring in Blizzard which brought quality of writing down to 0. It don’t matter anymore if you are a good writer, know how to write, conclude story etc if you fit to what those that hire you approve. Started in BFA, Climaxed in SL, continues in DF.

Now goodbye

I can only agree, but as they haven’t retconned it I’d like them to wrap it up somewhat elegantly. Holding hands and sharing therapy sessions under the tree isn’t exactly it imho lol.

And while I get where that is coming from, and at times agree, I think the core motivation from this complex web is the battle to be recognised as ok as you are, acceptable and worthy as you are. In that sense not pride because you are a victim, but pride because you recognise yourself as an ok human being, even if others have made you feel defective or not good enough in the past. It’s not always easy to get there, I fully get the pride of someone’s journey in getting there.

FIRST LOOK at the NEW Night Elf Capital City of Bel’ameth Coming in Patch 10.2.5 | Dragonflight - YouTube

It’s the first build and it’s already much better than Teldrassil. It’s very liveley, the architecture is simply beautiful and the zone itself is a reflection of the Emerald Dream state. It does not get more Nelf than this. Can’t wait to see how it progresses.

2 Likes

It being a village kind of makes sense since they need to built it from scratch and many night elves died over the years. You can’t exactly just poop out a complete massive city instantly.

It would be nice if we could see it grow trough expansions into a proper capital

Well after watching Crendor’s video, I can…appreciate what Bel’ameth is. Essentially, the whole town around the well is an “outside” version of a Temple of Elune. It’s under Amirdrassil, so it’s like the World Tree and the Dragons are protecting the kaldorei.

We also have Feralas, Darkshore and Ashenvale visitors as well as portals to the night elf lands. We also have a faction called “House Shen’dralar” so, their is potential for that to hold future importance.

After looking at what they got, it’s a fair counter-balance to what the Forsaken got with Lordaeron’s return and that is still a phased mess, within Tirisfal Glades, because when you fly towards Silverpine or the Bulwark, your then phased to a different timeline. At least with Amirdrassil, the phase is constant.

Yes, it’s small, but it’s feel is night elven. It has a combination of Teldrassil, Ashenvale and Hyjal music along with visitors from Kalimdor…perhaps this is Blizzard’s way of suggesting, night elven civilians will be out of action, for the foreseeable.

Hmm… Every city we had ended up in some tradegy. What city will i call home next? :thinking:

What city could easily not be destroyed by having kal dorei ciizens?

Hmm…

Thank you for the link Sander!

And I liked that detail very much, it connects the new home with their homeland and illustrates their continued bond with it. The harbour looks amazing. I hope they will add a temple structure before it all goes live :slight_smile: