No new city for Night elves - Bel'Ameth the Capital village

Common, not only because of Worf. I LOVE Odo, Quark, Ben Sisko is my third fav cpt. in Star Trek, and it have some elements of mythology in it.
Enterprise was good. Re watched it month ago, still disapointed with ending and still skipping opening intro :smiley:
Thank God next year will be final season of Discovery and I will never have to hear about it anymore :smiley:
And yes. Picard. Season 3. Our main man Terry Matalas.
Aparently he will not show for Star Trek Legacy. kurtzman don’t want him because he is jealous.
And yes, would be nice if Janeway would have been there at least for a few seconds as much as I would like to see Sisko. They are alive still
But when I heared Alice Krige’s voice when Deanna helped Jack towards the “door” I snapped :smiley: Could recognize that voice among millions.
She was amazing as Borg queen and especially as Jessica Atreidas in Children of Dune series

Aparently Night Elves are still in war with horde in Ashenvale and also attacking Azshara, according to Exploring Kalimdor novel.
So how cn they fight the horde and in same time have neutral cap. city lol. Blizzard writers really must use some heavy mushrooms hahaha

In 8 dys when sub runs out, gonna try HOMM 5 :smiley:

Correct me if I am wrong, but we are still in war in Ashenvale according to Exploring kalimdor, and no new info was never shared anywhere to anyone from anyone at blizzard about ending that conflict . So, are we at war or not and if so, why is Bel’ameth neutral city if we are at war :stuck_out_tongue:
Weird eh?

Kotara, they have so many reasons to build a city, and that is definitely one of htem.

however some people seem to think night elves are some sort of total green peace forest race, and therefore must be without a city and will try to justify it.

A few of the naysayers that agree they must have a city, will instead want it to be some sort of rural jungle, believing this represents a druidic culture. And not an actual city.

They will ignore all of night elf lore, tell you night elves are only forest elves, and forest elves means this - every race can have their jungle and forest zones, then their cities, but night elves mustn’t.

In their minds ALL night elves are druids - not just the druidic night elves. and night elves don’t do civilization, never mind that according to the lore, only the north night elves didn’t do but only for a very specific period for a very specific reason - they were instead dedicating their lives to preventing the legion’s return by carrying out a long vigil. During this time, they wouldn’t use arcane magic to restore their civilization because it would call back the legion.

So these players forget that night elves have a very large arcane origin and civilization heritage, the north put on pause until WC3,

They have no idea that night elves are enigmatic, they are HIGHLY civilized, but the vast forests and druidic living during the long vigil makes them seem totally rural, but they are definitely not.

they ignore the temples to Elune that priests want to live in, and start doing so after WC3
they ignore the cities of Eldre’thalas and Suramar that non-northern night elves actually lived in, these ones had no ban on the arcane either.
they ignore the long vigil is over too, night elves joined the alliance, night elves had a new era begin that was no long just waiting in isolation guarding the Well of eternity from no use at all.
They forget that priests, mages, demon hunters are a core part of night elf lore, even if you never saw mages in WC3, they are very much mentioned in the lore, in the books, and surface in wow classic onwards.
Demon hunters too have been in lock step with every night elf story … mages were missing from wc3s finale on Hyjal, but demon hunters were not.

To them night elves only deserve to live in forests and ruins… yes, that’s right, a night elf’s city is a ruined one, so if you show them the non-ruined city of Suramar - they will tell you that is not night elven, it’s Nightborne and nightborne aren’t night elven, so it can’t be night elven - see where this goes.

Why all this? because to them night elves can’t have a civilization side to counter balance the forest side
night elves can’t have arcane magic - the lore was a mistake, the arcane magic that balances the nature magic - that druidism is founded upon - so without the mages, where is the balance to the druids? -they have amnesia of the pre-sundering era, they have amnesia of the Shen’dralar, amnesia of the Darnassian Highborne, amnesia of the Farondis and Moonguard, and amnesia of the Nightborne (but then the nightborne aren’t night elves they say)

Whiles having a night elf race on the horde and a night elf city on the horde makes it a horde thing, therefore the night elves can’t have it. But it’s fine for the horde races, especially the elven ones to have their cities and forests too… never mind these elves love the arcane and nature, and come form night elves, which is where they get these characteristics from… all of a sudden the night elves though remaining exactly the same for 5,000 years have lost this natural affinity and ability for cities and arcane magic… so can only wield nature.

which is why off course half the druidic spell arsenal is arcane and the priesthood is the only one in the game that uses arcane spells, and the race is credited with the greatest magical civilization that ever existed on Azeroth, to which Suramar is in-game visualisation of such.

These are all aspects we are to ignore about the night elves, and only pay attention to druids and hunters. Because night elves are suppose to be savage and feral - even though they are elves… never mind the depiction in game is the opposite, it’s problem is that it fails to show a savage and feral side of the night elf in combat that is a balance to the meek and serenely peaceful night elf, just as it fails to show the night elves in high civilization, not restoring the ruins, only showing them in the rural settings.

Night elves are presented as a race that is enigmatic, because of their defying contrasts… nature’s contrast is arcane, rural living in forests with no evidence of human (i.e. sentient , which in this case would elven) life, is contrasted by a highly advanced magical city. Serene, tranquil, benevolent typeset countenance of the night elf is countered by the fierce ferocity and rage you see in a sentinel, Demon hunter, Moonguard, feral druid, warden when they are fighting - it’s like can this be the same race.?? The beauty being that while they contrast they also compliment each other, like Nigh and day - as opposed to order and chaos or good and evil which are true opposites.

this ist he feeling you should get - you shoudl be perplexed. you start in a forest, they seem like primitive vvillage people, then you hit a Darnassus or a Surmaar, and your jaw like drops open - you mean these are the same people? and these guys in here are legneds in the world, and the funny part is the high and mighty highborne mage you might meet in the city is the least regarded amongst the elites, in fact it’s the humble druid you ignored and thought was a primtiive, this is the one they all, including the high and mighty mage, defer too…

you’re suppose to be puzzled by this and try to figuore out how,why, the you delve into their history and you see they have alwyas been a forest peole but live in a highly magical civlziation, it was destroyed, most of htem split into several groups , lived in isolation, for a purprose and are now out of it.

Are they all forest people? no - tha’ts boring, forests are gorgeous, but not when tha’ts all there is to a people then it becomes boring. Most of your population is mixed.
Is nature magic all there is to htem? No, never was, htey are legndary in lore for wielding both arcane magic and fel magic as demon hunters… and th elore has plenty of examples.

Druidic society? Not all of htem, and only in part, it’s actually Priest led, and female led at that…becuase the night elves are about harmony and blaance, and their great contrasts actually synergise and work well as comoliments. females as warirors, huntrs, and priests mainly - males as druids, mages and demon hunters mainly. that’s the night elf.

Can we see this in game please? On the night elves? Can we have a stunning night elf city to match the forest and tree?
The Well of Eternity and Moonwells - central to their lore and a huge part - can we also get them invovled with that.
Can we see the legendary Moonguard, Druids, Wardens, Dhs, Sentinesl, Moon Priestesses - actually whoops some as* like the stories tell us they can?

Canw we for once be blown away, and it not teleported tot he horde or destroyed or undone by - look horde strong - can beat powerful night elf trope wow seems to have going but hte novels seem to be the exact opposite.

1 Like

But I HATE the Dominion guys. Their necks make me feel sick!

…I beg you pardon? This intro is epic. I sang along each and every episode! Fine, visually, Voyager has probably the best intro. But cult wise, Next Generation!

Yet you’re watching it. :smiley: They took some scenes in Iceland at exactly the places I’ve been hiking in winter 2020. That was so fun to see. _

:o

She also has quite the hand for good horror movies like Solomon Kane and Silent Hill. :wink:

Reinstalling it as we speak! Had to get my pc a new SSD and haven’t gotten around to set it up completely. I hope my folder with all the mods survived the cloud transfer…

I hope it’s not intentional and just allowed for testing purposes.
Unless they think it’s that time to make the players totally invisible in the story. You know, inexistant.
Come to think of it, that what they should do with the Horde. Why the hell am I helping some slow talking dragon lady regain her aspect powers, which I don’t even know what they are.
Why are any Horde there? Oh yeah, cause it’s about “family”. I almost forgot. Way to piss off everyone.
Funny thing is, I am coming to the conclusion that they think it’s better to piss everyone off rather than have one side or the other happy and the other less so. But that’s not how it works. Pissed off people tend to leave eventually.

Well, i think the raid and WQ-zone are a “G’huun” sort of affair: You can’t have it be just one faction’s concern (Even if lorewise, it pretty much is), so both sides are, one way or the other, just shoe-horned in, that Horde take part in that isn’t the issue.

But the city, the specific city they had to build because they lost the old one to Horde aggression, that’s where i say “That should definitely be an Alliance-only thing”, even in the “Let’s all be friends!”-expansion, that’s a bridge too far for me.

The many portals to Night elf areas (Even if only NE areas in books, by this point) and the Horde players being able to buy city tabards (Something not even allowed in the intentionally faction-neutral Argent tournament area) make me lean towards “They haven’t finished faction-flagging stuff yet”, but on the other hand, Blizzard’s silence on the matter makes me suspicious.

1 Like

hahaha Cardasians :smiley: They are cool, especially Gul’dukat. he is exactly a villain we need in WoW. completely deluded guy :smiley:

But, song and singing in trek? aaah no :smiley:
And yes TNG forever with Picard s3.

Nope, I don’t. I watched season 1 and half of season 2. Then I quit. :smiley: The moment I saw, what’s the name of Spock+s half sister? bending over and all sweety asking woman in vheelchair: Hello (insert name), how are you today etc. Wel that moment throw me out of the show. I Imidiately thought of how would every other captain, especially Picard do it. It would be Salute, Salute. No questions asked. She was there not because she was in wheelchair but because she earned that position and probably chosen by Picard himself for her job. Just a part of the crew.

Yup. Kurtzman didn’t had anything to do with Picard S3. It was all Terry. Signed petition for Terry and Star Trek legacy with hims as show runner yet? I did :smiley: was 71st ho signed it.

Didn’t saw them, but ofc I will now if she is in them :smiley:

good luck, I’ll have to buy it, luckily I just checked and game shop I know have it :slight_smile:

Thumbs up for this

It makes no sense from either side. We have spent the better part of this game gutting each other. There’s no way around that. The fact that Elsa likes the feel of Shreck’s muscles does not change that. They need to stop making it seem like the leaders of the factions are their factions. The story has become so much less about the players and just about these main characters who get all the face time leaving no room for others to develop and most of them are just bad.
You want to involve the Horde in something, fine, but don’t brin Jaina. You want to involve the Alliance, leave your undead and orcs home. The damage these factions have inflicted on each other is huge the scars remain. No, open wounds. The nelf city must not be neutral no faction city should be. Not Gilenas, Silvermoon or any other.

3 Likes

dishes out the whole Next Generation melody including the intro speech and mysterious figurative space dancing because I’m a moonkin and stars are my business! :milky_way::stars::full_moon::stars::milky_way:

I admit, that name choice was hot garbage.

Not yet. :thinking:

You can also just download Ubisoft connect and buy the software download online I think.

See what I really can’t make any sense of is the fact that they’re contributing a whole patch to reclaiming Gil’neas during what was advertised as THE Night Elf patch. Don’t get me wrong, the Worgen deserve their territory back. But so do Kaldorei. The reclaiming of Kalimdor should be part of this patch also. More than ever.

What makes me suspicious in that regard is the new battleground announced for The War Within. Also, I might have missed it but how much time will exactly lay between Dragonflight and the upcoming expansion storywise? I can only hope that everything they are trying to implement with their happy little tree friends nonsense will be about obsolete in the next expansion and narratively way in the past…

What do you mean reclaiming Kalimdor? All the nelf areas have been reclaimed. They belong to the nelfs. They have portals directly to them including Darkshore. Actually I’m not even sure the Forsaken own any land aside Tirisfal. Maybe Silverpine. Anyway, I’d guess that in time when they start revamping stuff, you’ll see them cleaning up the cataclysm stuff and actually adding some of the current world elements.

Well not ingame. There was one small questline to it mainly revolving around Tyrande becoming the Night Warrior. I don’t remember anything significant done through quests in order to reclaim the area after the assault and rebuild or improve.

If that ever happens, it will be when the areas get revamped for use in the current expansion, Blizz are very averse to changing anything that isn’t directly related to the current patch/expansion.

What do you expect? They have to do other things too. Like give us a damned city since we got pushed at the back of the line.

Think your leader and her morbid “charm” had the spotlight for long enough by now. Sorry, not sorry.

How is this not related though? Throwing out some portals to those locations is relation enough imo.

1 Like

LOL :+1:

I don’t even remember her name :smiley: Gonna google it
Ah, Michael lol :smiley:

It lats some time now. Last time I checked it was at 70+000 signs.

thanks but I am avoiding buying anything I really don’t have to online, besides, it is nice to have hard copy of it :slight_smile:

What are we rp-ing or something? Thank the writers and their crappy grasp on what people want to see. It’s not the player’s fault and it certainly isn’t a good enough reason to treat us like 2nd class citizens.

I highly doubt the vast majority in this forum truly knows what it means to be treated like a 2nd class citizen. And asking if we’re rp-ing while demanding to give “us” a new city and claiming “we” got pushed to the back of the line, is like, uh… ???

Like, I mean okay, the forsaken and undead patch of Northrend has been a while back and such but if you’re worshipping Sylvanas you shouldn’t be surprised if your fanblock isn’t exactly on the priority list right now? Yeah, welcome to the club I guess?

I understand but trying to register the CD version got me frustrated in the end because it automatically wants to open internet explorer which I don’t use. And since I couldn’t find the registration site online I just downloaded it. :sweat_smile: Testing the mod implementation now. Theme music feels like HOME already!

I was even hopign that once Amirdrassil emerged hat it’s night time colours would reflect the Ardenweald style and it would also be present in Ardenweald, they might even do a different night time appearance… my imagination did run a little on that…

Yeh, and definitely Suramar vibes for the city, i mean it’s the original home of most of the Darnassians, and it was the Capital of the Order of Elune at the time of the sundering… totally makes sense that if they can’t have Suramar, the city they build will be most like it rather than say Zin’Azshari .

and they have all the magic, from both Highborne mages and Ancients druids, priests and artisans to build it to. Can you imagine, all of them coming together to make a beautiful city, even the giants contributing and nature contributing by bringing precious gems and stones from hidden locations… honouring their new start, and honouring the goddess Elune and so making the stone, marble and glasswork as beautiful as they’ve ever done.

And seeing the truly stunning city surrounded by a totally tranquil forest. And then we start seeing the ngiht elves being badass again. But not just individuals, but also groups.

Tyrande but also a bunch of Moon Priestesses - wielding those Elune powers
Malfurion returned with druids being badass, Seeing Naralax using balance druid magic, Rensar Greathoof, Broll Bearmantle etc
Prince Farondis and Lothrius and a bunch of Moonguard also tearing up the place as they help fight enemies and gain their lands back.
Altruis, VAndel, Korvas and Jace with a bunch of Demon hunters tearing up the place
Drenalyn and the dark rangers - maybe meeting the Ravencrests and having a night elf contingent for Ebon Scale/DK stuff when that comes around.

Amirdrassil is sorta the nature/druidic and now priest feat (b/c of Tyrande’s role)
New City should be the arcane/nature mage/valewalker feat - [this is how Suramar and the others were built]
New temple should be a Priest/Mage feat

1 Like

Well, I will just use IE for this one time and done :smiley: Back to Avast secure browser. To this day, youtube still didn’t menage to crack my ad blocker on it:) Love that browser
Yep, music. Feels right every time

Btw, is that guy who I ignore still whining about mistreatment of fosaken and calls us Night Elfs a whiners?
How rich :stuck_out_tongue: