No new city for Night elves - Bel'Ameth the Capital village

Omg that’s a brilliant idea! I did imagine similar things, at least highlighting the dual origin of the seed with Ardenweald and Nightelf magic / design combined. The veil between the worlds being lifted according to day and night time would’ve definitely made sense.

It being the masterpiece of Night Elf craftsmanship would suffice minding said intention got ruined so many times before due to various reasons. Also would’ve fit the heavy focus on crafting for this patch.

Is a bit sad that they came up with “uniting cinematics” for each flight and nothing of the sort for NE really. I would’ve imagined so many quests for getting the work force together from all around Azeroth as well as the material and spells with a cinematic in which they cast the greatest crafting spell of all to realise the city in united vision. But alas…

Wouldn’t have minded if the druid aesthetic would’ve been limited to a certain quarter in the city like. With each Night Elf discipline having one quarter specifically designed after them or at least particular highlights on their art / class. The city could still have much nature involved with parks and trees or fine gnarly and squiggly art of living wood winding around stone buildings and everything. Maybe even build more on top of Amirdrassil’s big roots with plateaus and stairways winding up to the branches. That would be majestic.

2 Likes

I disagree with one building for both orders. I want two,
bigger tree for druids, Tree roots for Rogues just like in Darnassus. Some archery zone for Hunters, and training dumys for Sentinels, Dk’s and DH’s.
Temple of Elune with large moonwell in it, smaller moonwell for Evenshade and magi with moonguard.

But, we all know it’s not gonna happen. We’ll be lucky if we get stoe roads this time as we had in Darna

I am actually surprised because nelfs and forsaken have lost the city at the same time and you don’t get to blame that on the players of whichever fanbase, blame it on the writers who decided to make that jailer crap.
Now the nelfs get their city which is fine, but nothing about the forsaken city, seems worgen are getting theirs, I hope, again fine, that place lookes too good to be abandoned like that, but after that I’d like to see the forsaken get their city not nelf areas nobody goes to pointlessly updated.

Forsaken have the Ruins of Lordaeron and Brill; however, it’s all a phased mess. You can’t fly to the Bulwark or Deathknell, without the zone phasing back to it’s Cataclysm State, then reverting back to it’s 9.2.5 state.

At least Bel’ameth is more stable and actually shows night elf growth, post Fyrakk.

After being completely honest and as somebody who cares very little for the Forsaken, I’d say that the night elves are in a better state than the forsaken. Yes, Forsaken have Lordaeron’s Capital; but the way it all functions in-game is awful.
Bel’ameth is nice and flowing.

Tirisfal needs a serious overhaul so we can stop with phase upon phase upon phase. Bel’ameth just need a bit of development with a Temple of Elune and maybe a Highborne spire or two, around Edgy Tower.

You lost it thanks to your leader. And you got it back. You had a lengthy quest line where the new undead council was formed, right amidst the ruins of Lordaeron, so what is your point? What “new” city? Eying on Karazhan, huh? You son of a gun!

I’m not blaming it on the player base, but I think it’s obvious why new forsaken capital “moved to the back of the line”. Factually, you already have Undercity back.

We do not care if Alliance likes Ruins of Lordaeron or not because Alliance are not welcome in our territory.

Where did I mention I like the ruins of Lordaeron or that I’d even care if it’s your territory? I couldn’t care less, lol. But interesting fact, because NE most likely don’t appreciate your presence at Amirdrassil either. The difference: NE capital currently is neutral to you while Lordaeron is not to us. The outcry by forsaken if it was would currently be sweet music in my ears, aye.

1 Like

Neither are you in Bel’Ameth and yet, blizzard will let you come there

And don’t worry. not many Alliance want to go in that sewage of a town which used to be a beautiful city. Stinks of rotten flesh way too much :stuck_out_tongue:

:metal: :+1: :skull: Exactly

1 Like

Did you missed the memo about the modern night elves being hippies who do not want to create anything out of stone?

They may use old ruins like the temple of elune out of sentimental value, but they will not do any stone-masonry.

Even the fact that they still use metallic weapons is a stretch. Lore-wise druids like Malfurion can create powerful weapons out of wood

You mean like, uh… the tip of an arrow???

Like the one he gave Saurfang’s brother which slashed Sargares and made him cry out in pain. But technically that was made by Cenarius.

The point is that you can’t reduce Kaldorei craftsmanship to woodwork as much as many in here would love to paint tge picture of a somewhat primitive wood folk. They’ve been crafting any sort of material long before many of the modern factions existed. And they will continue to do so, even though with a hint of nature aesthetic to it.

1 Like

Even without a hint of nature. Look at Maiev.

The warden helmets bear the shape of an owl like. And her gloves pretty much resemble claws. So still a bit of a hint.

Was one of my giggest concerns and disappointments… the blood elves were driven, but the night elves seem to be just chilling, we’re satisfied with being a village. this is okay,

There is no need to provide a developed race for the future generations for any other legion type threat out there we may not know of.
To now start restoring ourselves after all of us taking a 10k year break from that living in isolation - whether we were dutifully on the long watch (i.e. the Long Vigil for the demons and guarding the well) ) or we were just living our closeted lives studying our arts (Eldre’thalas and Suramar).

Now we must grow they obviously know they need to be powerful, , and they can’t stay out of affairs, there are Iridikron’s out there and Sylvanas types can come about at any time.

Why are you chilling in a village, like the world is totally at peace or like you don’t have a future to safe board and a race to repopulate after 2 genocides. It makes them look really lame - even though I’m sure blizzard intended peaceful vibes. It’s good to have peaceful vibes, it’s a part o the night elves, but equally is the highly driven and determined part that has 10k years worth of experience, knowing enemies and know they must prepare and watch.

now, they don’t have to do it without arcane magic, they should be right, let’s increase our effectiveness and power in all our areas so we can safeguard our forests and our new home and our world. They were always about the world, because they ruled it and owned it… this is why they did a long vigil, they were protecting their world, never mind other races grew and carved out lands and kingdoms where theirs had once stood, I think they personally feel ownership of the world, but not in an oppressive way in a defensive way, so they’re always up for taking down world threats… and now they have a duty to their population.

1 Like

And humans have lions and eagles on their armors, so do belfs or just eagle wings, orcs have wolves, dwarves have rams, forsaken have bats and so on. It has less to do with nature and more to do with symbols of virtues. Bravery, resilience, wisdom. Druidism has everything to do with nature on the other hand which is reflected among the druids.

Darnassus and Teldrassil were like 20 years old only. People are acting like they were ancient, lol.

After such a traumatic experience, it would just be natural for NE to become a bit extra sensitive regarding possible threats and overly focused on security in terms of defence strategies. The military surely would be their first concern. A peaceful village is the farthest from what a folk like that would focus on at the current state of affairs.

Eh, no. The entire way of fighting in night elf culture is based on animalistic imagery. You can compare it to African tribes like the Akan, who follow the lessons of a specific animal and orient their whole philosophy of living around it. Or the different animal based style figures in Kung Fu. Night Elf martial arts are predatory and rogueish. Like that of predatory animals. That’s what made them so lethal and even Orcs gain respect for them. Wild cats, bears, wolves and birds of PREY like the owl. A nocturnal bird of prey in particular. And Maeiv is very explicit on what said prey (bae Illidan lol) means to her. Don’t confuse the superficial symbolism of human kings and kings guards regarding lions with the very identifying meaning of spirit animals in Night Elf culture. Druidism might be the embodiment of it but not the only discipline within the culture linked to it. Hunters, demon hunters, sentinels on their cat mounts, warriors and rogues are too.

Exactly… woodwork has it’s place, there is a rural architecture… nearly every race in wow has that. The architecture you use for settlements, camps, villages and small towns, and what you use for cities.

Furthermore, you should hardly see any settlements or houses in the forest according tot he night elf druid philosophy… they love things like we see them in the Emerald dream, pure nature (nvM the Green Dragon flight temple - which looked nice in such a picturesque pure nature), but it doesn’t have farms, and houses or things like that… it’s pure nature, this is why druids live in barrow dens, it’s part of their religion/commitment and desire.

But to say all night elves are like that is ludicrous, especially when the lore provides a very solid reason to why no new cities were built till after the long vigil ended… it is clear it is not the default state for all night elves nor desire… and such settlements would be at odds in the middle of a forest.

What night elves did was have a city built, and ideally all the living folk would be in one section of the land, so as much forest as possible is undisturbed… druids fully support night elf cities, because a civilization and people need that - you can’t just be about one thing, and night elves never were, they would help build cities, fill them with gardens, parks and groves, and return tot he barrow dens tending to the forest - because that is what they do.

This is why we have night elven citizens, craftsmen, artisans, tradesmen, nobles - (Highborne) and other … there as no need for that type of living for the northern folk during the Long vigil, but that is ended, so there is now, and it’s a good thing

Because you get to experience some diversity, you get to experience or should get to experience an incredible night elf city, night elf civilization urban society, mages and temple priests types and then stunningly contrasted with the pure tranquillity of Amirdrassil type forests, Teldrassil type forests, Val’sharah type forest, serene, looking as if they’re untouched, - if your first meeting was with a night elf in the forest, you’d not believe they also live in cities and temples like Suramar, Darnassus, Zin’Azshari, temple of Elune, Cathedral of Eternal night. And if you met night elves in one of those cities, like Eldre’thalas, you’d not believe that night elves lived humbly too as druids sleeping in caves.

You’d think the cave ones were primitive and feral type savages, but you’d be shocked to find them highly knowledgeable and educated and in fact, the ones the stuffy city type defer too, … You’d approach the city, and see the city rule a person like Prince Farondis or Mordant Evenshade, and think this is the guy that has the power, but would be shocked to later find out, that actually, that’s the high Priestess in the Temple of Elune, the female priest that makes decisions of r the entire race, the Highborne mage just rules the city and the Prince administers the region - but the high Priestess leads the people.

1 Like

I love how you captured that paradox that the night elves are Starstride, through their history, their experiences, their duties :slight_smile: . It’s a complex people, I’d love to see some of that complexity visualised now that a lot of these different branches have been (re)united.