No new city for Night elves - Bel'Ameth the Capital village

“Yeah yeah ty for defending the tree and helping killing fyrakk… now get the heck out of here, last time I checked it’s WARcraft and not PEACEcraft, we don’t care for story coherency, we care if green bulky human bashes white slender one or not”

1 Like

I mean, orcs do love their lumber. I’d not trust them with a big tree. Shoo! :smile:

Do horde even has lumber problem nowadays?

According to Exploring Kalimdor orcs got chased out of Ashenvale by feisty nelves. And they seem obsessed with cutting down trees, they must be itching!

I mean whole conflict was because of high shortage of wood that was insufficient for living because thrall built orgrimmar in the desert.
I guess now they have alternatives

No. People was acting like it was home. Fought for and deserved it.

Yes but Kaldorei woodwork is the most sophisticated nonetheless!

To be fair, they rather use those dens as safespaces while taking aeon long naps cough. It’s the simple hibernation philosophy of animals like bears. While being in the open nature of the dream though, yes.

Not even all druids are like this. You have populated druid areas with settlements like Moonglade or Dreamgrove and can find plenty of druids in almost every greater Night Elf settlement. As long as there’s a big enough garden and remote forest they’re happy. :joy:

I mean Staghelm is a bad example but it was a druid who sought to create a new settlement for NE with Teldrassil. Idiot just couldn’t withstand the seductive voice of a satyr there…

But that’s just the natural human stereotype thinking. They hear nature loving folk and think about some primitive beings because they’re conditioned to do so. To think less of everyone, who didn’t urbanise their living space to the extreme. It’s a way of thinking that might even nest among devs and writers to the effect of: “NE as indigenous folk are supposed to be threatened by extinction and then put in a specific reservations in order to be kept safe” because that’s exactly what they did there.

That’s pretty much how things went when in Siege of Orgrimmar we helped the Horde get rid of their warchief who was hammering the self-destruct button on the whole Horde faction.

“Thanks for helping us clean up our mess, now get out of here”

1 Like

qoute
Where did I mention I like the ruins of Lordaeron or that I’d even care if it’s your territory? I couldn’t care less, lol. But interesting fact, because NE most likely don’t appreciate your presence at Amirdrassil either. The difference: NE capital currently is neutral to you while Lordaeron is not to us. The outcry by forsaken if it was would currently be sweet music in my ears, aye.
unqoute

This is exactly my point, NE capital must be for alliance members only. And only alliance members should help building this capital and protect the new world tree. Unfortunatley Blizz writers will continue with this stupid idea of Alliance and Horde dancing together. As someone said " this is Warcraft and not PEACEcraft ".

WoW Undead I agree with. Axes will fall from the sky tomorrow :rofl:

Not to overly defend Fandral here, but that voice was not just any random satyr. It was Xavius speaking with his son’s voice
but that don’t change the fact that he was an idiot and that he did corrupt the very tree he planted. Teldrassil.

horde gave up their territories and withdrawn forces from ashenvale after siege, horde did lose territories after.
You also ignored circumstances and context of both events

I read some lore at some point about how Malfurion created an axe out of wood for Broxigar Saurfang that was strong enough to cut Sargeras.

Of course this was not wood carving but magically shaping living wood to give it miraculous power.
This could easily classify as a superpower

There is only one set of circumstances actually important in this case: The Night elves only needed to build this new city because the Horde burned the old one, and Bel’Ameth is located half the planet away, hiding in the shadow of the green dragons, purely to get away from the Horde (Who are at the moment fighting the Night elves over whatever remains of Ashenvale), before they think up some asinine excuse to burn this city as well.

After all that, the Night elves letting the Horde (Who certainly gave it their best shot to genocide the Elves) waddle around their city as if they own the place would be downright ludicrous, and i find Blizzard’s silence on whether or not that’s intentional or a “It’s PTR, work in progress”-fluke quite concerning.

1 Like

Fair enough. I’m no nelf lore-horse so this is new to me. Never knew they worshipped animals to that degree outside the druid circles.

I don’t see the Horde burning that tree. First of all it wouldn’t piss off just the nelf and the Alliance. It would put them into a war with the rest of the world, literally, including the Dragons who have all united on those islands. Every damned type of dragon is there. No, I’m pretty sure that’s the safest place in the world.

As for the rest of the zones. I thought Ashenvale was won back when the nelfs rolled over the Horde in Darkshore.

1 Like

Good for the night elves. They finally have a home again. Now where is my Kezan?

Well, it was the closest simile i could think of that wouldn’t be in poor taste, let’s just suffice with saying that building a new home and having the arsonists who torched your old one walking around won’t be good for the “Renewal” the Night elves are supposed to be working on.

As for Ashenvale, according to “Exploring Kalimdor”, the Night elves are still fighting Horde forces there, and Zappyboi doesn’t seem to understand why they’d do that. /eyeroll

1 Like

Making amends by helping building new home is not possible, because it’s WARcraft, y’know, we don’t apologize here.

horde forces are not in ashenvale, not anymore.

Horde aren’t going to burn this tree, conscequences will be scorched emerald dream which will reflect on azeroth, this detail you are missing on purpose too

Dead relatives suggesting questionable measures should always be considered suspicious.

It was Cenarius’ superpower though.