No one playing Mecha gnomes?

So levelling up my Vulpera , done quite a few BG’s.

AB and WSG group 90% Vulpera , but I haven’t seen a single Mecha gnome in low level bgs at all. Not 1

That is some disparity , are you Alliance players that unhappy about your new playable allied race ? What’s going on. I thought it would be a clash of the little people Vulp vs Mecha gnome this weekednd and I saw none of it : /

Can’t see myself to play them, no.
To me they are very unappealing.

32 Likes

I want to you to think about it for a second X)

The Alliance once again got “this’ll do race” while the Horde gets completely new species that a lot of players wanted and that goes well with the overall Horde style.

I’ve said it many times, but the Alliance could have gotten an actual new and interesting species/race, like Ankoan, that immediately joined the Alliance and could be AR (ofc after their models being upgraded to playable ones in terms of functionality).

Honestly if anyone had said to me that the Alliance AR would be so much worse than the Horde ones before 7.3.5, I would not believe it and here we are…

20 Likes

They are to most

Nothing but vulperas in ogrimmar & that … whats it called, ugly ooga booga city in BfA

Havent seen 1 mechagnome at max level yet in either boralus nor stormwind so far

4 Likes

I stopped doing the rep as soon as I hit revered to get flying. Not going through those mindless quests again to play a, poorly worked, reskinned variation of gnomes.

20 Likes

They’re literally base gnomes, only you can’t transmogs your legs, boots, gloves or body pretty much. Only redeeming part is the better hairstyles.

15 Likes

Honestly both allied races seem boring, and I saw way less of them on patch day.

6 Likes

I think the most people who rolled mechagnomes are cutting edge players (pvp, raid), cos racials, so they prob wont level up a lvl 20 char just to get an armor set.

1 Like

My feedback on them is this: I haven’t even bothered doing the unlock quest chain.

I find the part robot- part flesh thing very disgusting.

But then I have a phobia of metal cutting into my own flesh, maybe I’m a rare case, I don’t know. I just feel that knife cut when I look at them.

6 Likes

Gnome > Mechagnome

10 Likes

I’m leveling a mecha-gnome for the heritage armor. Met plenty of mechas in Howling Fjord so far.

I don’t do BGs, because spending hours in the queue is a waste of my time. I’ll queue as tank for a random instance instead, and get the same XP much faster. The chances of clearing a dungeon is also considerably higher than winning a BG as alliance, so there’s that too.

Yet to run into a Vulpera though…

2 Likes

I’m levelling my lowbie MG up in dungeons and quests, probably a lot doing that so you may not see many.

Aside from that, I don’t think they’re anywhere near as popular as the foxes. But there are a smaller group of us that LOVE them anyway

1 Like

Well Vulpera actually look good and have effort put into them. Mechagnomes are just abominations and seemingly thrown together.

6 Likes

No, they don’t. They’re just the bastard children of a goblin, a tauren, and an elf. If that’s not an abomination, I do not know what is.

Mechagnomes on the other hand, are really well upgraded gnomes, who were the best race to begin with.

6 Likes

The one thing that separates mechagnomes from gnomes was done so poorly that from an aesthetic point of view there’s just no point in playing a mechagnome. Had the limbs been done well then I would’ve rolled one instantly but since they weren’t mechagnomes are just crappy looking gnomes with transmog restrictions.

That said I love the dance and with a robe they’re not bad.

4 Likes

I know right. A fox head and tail slapped onto a gobbo. Vs MG limbs complete with animated parts.

I’d says it’s pretty even

1 Like

OK, obviously I disagree here but I’d be interested to hear your ideas for what you had in mind with the limbs

But that’s the thing, they were done well. Yes, it limits your transmog options. Still better than having elf ears and tauren fur slapped onto a goblin.

2 Likes

It’s not so much the limbs themselves because they look nice but rather where the gear cuts off.

Good on people who like the diaper look but personally I think it would’ve looked far better if the gear was shorts and t-shirt lengths instead of wife beater and tighty whiteys. At least have the option there.

4 Likes

I warned them.

2 Likes