No one playing Mecha gnomes?

I’ll go with you on that actually. Shorts-style cut off (robo-pants) would have probably looked better

2 Likes

I dont like them, but i dont really like regular gnomes either. Its a nice option for those that like them though.

The bare chest mogs kinda freak me out a little though, something about those robotic limbs attached to the torso just scares me :fearful:

5 Likes

I created mechagnome warrior just for that scream when charging - Like psycho going to suicide :slight_smile:

We have a few Mechagnome mains in the guild.

Thing is, if you put a robe on them, or a full set, they look like regular gnomes mostly. They aren’t as easy to spot as Vulpera most likely. Guildie sent a picture of his main wearing the preorder set, and only way to tell that it is a Mechagnome, is the idle animation which is robotic(he sent a small video clip actually), and you can see the arms and the toes.

1 Like

We have at least 2 in the guild, mains at 120. A few more leveling, and I am trying to unlock mine atm… about 1k rep short.

1 Like

There are a few people playing them yea, my prediction was 14-15 people but I was wrong apparently, there are at least 18 Mechagnome players around the World. Let this be a lesson to me.

48 level 120 mechagnomes online on silvermoon right now. I’m annoyed they got the same treatment as DKs on the character select screen, so zoomed out.

Mechagnomes for me aren’t appealing at all and frankly is a wasted allied race slot that should’ve been a cosmetic option instead.

But for the people who love them I think it’s great they have the option to, and if not they do have some pretty decent racials.

3 Likes

That is the thing, cutting your limbs, removing your eyes/ears and replacing them with prosthesis does not change your race, there is no sign that these Gnomes are any different than regular Gnomes from EK.

Mechagnomes would be great addition for Shadowlands as customisation options for the core race or for Tinkerer class.

Separate race is just such a waste, there have been far better and unique options, even in BfA itself, I keep wondering if Blizz gave up on the Alliance side entirely or what is the deal.

3 Likes

I noticed graphical issue with only hair style that I liked (white line or something) so throwed them into “not good enough” category with the rest of my junk alts. Also hunter (marksman) have literally the worst animations in game.

I see nothing special in them.

Normal gnome players are a rare thing so I can’t imagine a mechanised gnome will be much more popular

4 Likes

Drinking a lot and moving to Boralus doesn’t make you a different race of human either.

Being Light blessed doesn’t make you a different race of Draenei either.

Being a Troll that likes gold doesn’t make you a different race of Troll either.

Most of them aren’t completely new races, just slight variants. That’s one of the things that make them allied races.

If you’d check my posts I said many, mayn times how KTs are absolute nonsense, they are not cannon, purely for gameplay reasons and even from the game point of view (since they use three models) are illogical.

In comparison, Mechagnomes are better than KT.

Exactly.

Again, they are equal to Night Warrior Night elf, one is separate race, the other is not, hm.

Trolls are species, but there are different Troll races, such as Jungle T, Forest T, Drakkari, Zandalari, Farraki…

You can clearly see the differences, they are as different as Night elves are to Thalassian elves.

Edit: Just a clarification, I mean that you can see the difference between DS Trolls vs Zandalari.

Some of them are, some are different races, one new species (Vulpera), some just literally customisation options and one complete nonsense (KT).

Look at all of them compare the ones on both sides and tell me, which faction’s situation is far worse in terms of AR?

I mean at this stage, it is clear, that objectively the Alliance.

That is also why you can find a lot of players being angry at Blizz and Mechagnomes, I do not think that anyone wants to take them from you, it is just the way they were added to the game.

Horde players were blinded by happiness of their fuzzy and cute and unique new shiny race that they have overlooked to whats it like to have an alliance main and being given a lame looking diaper baby.

Didnt even bother to have an option for the limbs to extend to the elbows/knees so it doesnt look as imposing.
I have tried the race, so many people /waved me because im the only mechagnome I have seen so far in my Alliance dominated shard.

Personally i think the race is alright, but it heavily underweights the demand and first impressions for the playerbase compared to vulpera.

1 Like

You just have to be opened minded about it really. There are lots of other games that hold cyborgs as an entirely separate race (SWTOR springs to mind)

Maybe Allied Factions would have been a better term to coin, but it just feels too nitpicky to bother me

Cyborgs are available for both sides (as almost every race), while here we have different set of AR for each faction.

So you will always compare, plus since there is a lot of weight on your faction pride, they have to keep the things balanced as much as possible.

AR system failed in this way and a lot.

Why is this surprising, though? The Vulpera had been the most highly anticipated Allied Race. They are cute little foxes (or Goblins in fursuits, depending on perspective!). Mechagnomes are, well, Gnomes – with amputated limbs and a bottom end that looks diaper-like. I’d be infinitely more likely to play a Vulpera than a Mechagnome, because there is zero chance I’d ever play a Mechagnome.

I would have liked for Alliance to get an actually desirable race, but fortunately I like my wolf and I only play my druid, which neither MG nor Vulpera can be, so I don’t have an iron in this fire. It’s regrettable insofar that I’m certain it will further lessen the number of Alliance players available for raids and M+, both areas where the Alliance situation already has taken the backseat for some years now.

I don’t understand Blizzard’s approach to this, but I believe there will eventually be incentives for players to faction-change to Alliance on a bigger scale, or factions restrictions will be loosened so that we can all play together.

That’s a very hypocritical thing to say, considering most allied races. Excluding Zandalari and Kun’Tiras they’re pure reskins with new hairstyles and skin color.
Mag’hari orcs are still orcs
Lightforged Draenei are still Draenei
Highmountain Tauren are still Tauren
Dark Iron Dwarves are still Dwarves
Nightborne are Night Elves and Void Elves are Blood Elves.

Every single one of these races could have been introduced as simply customization hairstyles and skin colors/ tattoos.

Only Kul’Tirans and Zandalari Trolls have unique models. Zandalari use Night Elf squeleton.
Kul’Tiras are literally just like every other human but somehow get different models (which are not pandaren). They are ironically, by far, the most unique allied race when it comes to models and the least unique when it comes to lore.

The problem with mechagnomes is the concept itself. Gnomes are already a very unpopular race, so adding some gnomes that are junkyard hobos in diapers won’t appeal to most people. But I’m sure a few people like their concept somehow.

3 Likes

No, Vulpera are not Goblins at all, just as much Zandalari are not Night elves, or KT are not Pandaren, because they based the AR on certains models. So please stop using this, is complete nonsense X) (not aimed at you specifically)

They effed up one faction and your solution is to remove the factions altogether?
Or did you mean it like that just for the PvE content in certain expansions that were not focused on faction war?

Anyway there are many things they can to in order to make Alliance players come back, it just seems that they are not that interested in doing them.