No rdf please!

RDF kills OPEN WORLD in WORLD of warcraft.
RDF kills SOCIAL ASPECT in MMO.

Rdf was part of wrath and it was a mistake. Repeating the same mistake again going to be an epic fail.
Anyway it was added at the end of wrath so nochanges crew would have to wait at least 4 months before the last phase of wrath drops.

20 Likes

Proven wrong.

Crossrealm has a potential negative impact, anything else is debatable at best.

You might argue the same when it comes to deathknights. If its added later, alright with most of the crew. The main problem is that it was announced to not be included at all in favor of the vanilla fans and against the interests of wotlk fans.

22 Likes

Evryone will sit in capitals while afk que watching netflix on second monitor from 15 to 80 and then the same to farm gear and badges.

1. Log on to the game
  2. Afk rdf spam all the dungeons for gear and badges to minmax the game to the fullest.
  3. Log out.

And speaking for every wotlk fan is wrong only because you and few other fellas want to ruin classic and make it retail 2.0

6 Likes

Wotlk is neither classic or retail tho. If you want classic, go back to classic era.
Wotlk will be dead soon without RDF. Mythic+ will only split the comunnity so newcomers will have trouble catching up as pro-players would rather do increased difficulty of heroic dungeon and thus would not invite them.
My guess is they would introduce RDF for hcs and normals with that mythic+ garbage feature tho because they will not risk dying servers.

13 Likes

I play FFXIV and I can confirm that’s bs. Dungeon finder has nothing to do with why people don’t talk and everything to do with how disgustingly toxic people are to you if you make a mistake or if a new player isn’t doing enough dps to their liking or disagrees with them. Is there any wonder why people are afraid to talk? Just look at your reply and that’s enough on its own.

19 Likes

We talking x realm or on realm?

Everyone who say go play classic era should go play retail where they have their favorite rdf and lfr

Also a FFXIV player and I can vouch for this.
I can count on one hand the amount of times I’ve had a toxic dungeon experience in that game, meanwhile this game (including Classic) I would need an abacus.

In fact, if you were to run the math, you’d probably find that the number of chat messages exchanged in a FFXIV random “cross-realm” dungeon run far exceeds that of even classic manually assembled dungeon runs.

It’s not the tool that’s the problem. It’s the community.
And also Blizzard’s unwillingness to act to make it a better community.

13 Likes

Lol, they do already…

Players are who they are with or without RDF.

A toxic person will still be toxic regardless of how they got into a group.

RDF actually helps promote open world game play by allowing players to let the game take care of the group making so they can go do stuff in the open world.

RDF helps promote the economy and such by allowing players to let the game make their groups while they farm mats, craft items and browse the AH.

Removing RDF and trying to sell the idea as being something that nurtures the social experiences is flat out BS.

I would agree having it from day 1 is not a good idea, but players will still farm bis lists and min max regardless.

It’s not complicated to find or make a group, but when you consider that you could use that time for other things (which could very well involve being social) it’s easy to see that no RDF is a poor choice. Especially if you are trying to improve the socials.

They should add more systems like guild finder and better community stuff if they seriously want to help players be social.

10 Likes

This is actually a very good point.

If Blizzard was serious about the social aspect of the game, why wouldn’t they upgrade the one thing about the game that exists solely to promote social interaction and experiences?

4 Likes

uhh how is sitting in a capital waiting to run the same dungeon for 50th time “promoting open world play” ? …

speaking from experience as that is exactly how i leveled 8 characters back in MoP …

1 Like

They do this already.

They’ve done this already since day 1 of Classic.

8 Likes

You mean as opposed to the sitting in capital cities waiting to run the same dungeon for the 50th time while spamming macros /4 that people do now?

Or are you implying pressing a /4 message macro equals social interaction somehow?

8 Likes

Oh come the ef on now, you’re gonna run that same dungeon for the 50th time whether RDF is there or not cause it’s just part of the flow of the game.

Please for the love of anything, just stop.

7 Likes

except they dont. without RDF the dungeon levelling in random group is not efficient…

with RDF its literally the MOST efficient way to level

1 Like

This is just bonkers to me, that anyone would, with a straight face, type this out as if it’s true.

At least RDF gave DPS something to do whilst forming a group, aka be out in the world, opposed to having to look at a chat channel like a hawk and hit refresh on a tool over and over and over and over.

8 Likes

So what you’re telling me is that Blizzard intentionally removed the most efficient way to level, replacing it with a less efficient way to level under the guise of “more social”?

Somehow I’m not surprised, considering the current timegating mechanics present in retail.

5 Likes

I feel this says more about you than anyone else.

If you are the sort of player to afk and wait then that’s fine but it doesn’t mean everyone does that.

I wouldn’t waste time sitting in Dalaran when I could be out doing stuff.

11 Likes

As someone who has played almost every MMORPG other than retail WoW I can tell you right now you are wrong. RDF was NEVER the issue, the issue was cross-realm and player attitude. People are toxic with or without RDF, cross-realm made it so you are 1 in millions so people would rarely, if ever, see you again. People who afk’d in cities are often people who afk regardless while looking for a group.

Even that argument about everyone being afk in cities is wrong, it’s a minority of people doing that and that is fine. Dungeons were never the best way of levelling, questing has always been faster the problem is that you can get things like Heirlooms that greatly boosted experience gained by killing monsters. the base exp of dungeons is inferior to plain questing.

A toxic community will ALWAYS make socializing less desirable and in return make people do so less. The players have always been toxic and that is why people kept to their guilds, because they knew those people more than that random dude who leaves soon as they don’t get the dungeon they like.

Also, there are many ways to incentivise friendly interaction and penalising leaving dungeons, making it a much more unlikely problem.

Overall, RDF in games are more of a positive thing than a negative, the problem is how the game incentivises players to be nice and friendly to eachother.

9 Likes

Didn’t flying mounts kill the open world before LFD even existed?

8 Likes