No, we don't want RDF! We really don't want that 🤯

Tell that to all those ret paladins who had to pay people to kill 1 boss :wink: …

1 Like

Actually oculus is the easiest dungeon in 5 mans. There are some tricks but can’t use them all but 1st boss not challenging really easy, 2nd bosses thrash is annoying, 3rd boss just 3 groups of thrash and actually you can cheese frozen orb mechanic by LoSing them and make it more easier and for last boss that everyone hates just grt 5 bronze make do rota on time stop easy kill plus 2 extra badges and gems from last boss.

Oculus actually one of the most done on pservers due to tons of caster loot and so on and if even people left when you reque you will put on prio for finding more ppl. God have to love rdf so nice.

Hey, that was me. Enhancers had to do the same for Mana Tombs.

And yeah, I’m just gonna not do heroics. I work afternoon shift so I’d have to spend my mornings looking for a group for a heroic and be late for work or my evenings when I get home beat from work working on getting a group?

Naw thanks, I’m good, I’ll just continue raid logging.

1 Like

Thankfully for us, mana tombs was still easy dungeon, with consortium rep, bonus boss with op rings, and that first boss stopped oneshotting people when they got some gear …

And oh yes, we actually got useful totem from badges later …

Ret palas were stuck with that garbage for whole expansion …

Hey at least our phase 1 upgrade comes from a stupid quest in Borean Tundra, no need to bribe folks this time around :wink:

1 Like

Why this topic is not already dead ?

Prove me i am wrong :

1. The RDF killed the social => In 2010 maybe, in 2022 not. Wotlk private servers that disabled RDF proved it, TBC too, the “You think you do but you don’t” has never been so true.

2. The RDF has killed the social bis => The RDF tool allows to empty the channels in order to let us speak freely on it, today the channel is spammed with announcements and if we have the misfortune to speak for fun we are insulted or ignored

3. RDF is a tool, therefore not RP => The BG tag when slacking in front of an NPC or via the tool has never bothered anyone and it dates from Vanilla

4. With the RDF people socialize less to group => Spammer “LF last tank for” with a reply in pm “Hi +1”, is not sociable. In addition, the Salute in question is still retrieved via the RDF once TP in the dungeon and/or grouped automatically, it’s just politeness

5. With RDF people no longer talk in dungeons => RDF does not impact a person’s willingness to talk in dungeons, and this has been proven once again on Wotlk who disabled RDF. What makes players socialize in the dungeon is the combination of discovery + difficulty

6. The cross-server RDF has killed the social => True, and we can very well not activate this feature, however we are already drowned in the mass since the servers are 2 to 3x more populated than at the time , in other words this defect is already implemented natively. In addition, the BGs are cross-server since Vanilla, and it has never bothered anyone

7. With RDF I can’t group manually => False, you can make an announcement in the channel, group them and tag. Or go there on foot if you wish, it’s a principle called the Walk-in

8. With the RDF I can’t make friends and keep them in contact => False, nothing prevents it, however there is no reason for others to keep in touch while the dungeon is clean in 15min chrono

9. The RDF which allows TP in the dungeon is bad => True when you discover the game, False when you have played 10 years of play. The Wotlk private servers which have disabled the RDF have proven it, 5min of auto fly in afk Alt+Tab Google

10. The RDF allows abuse of kicks => False, there is a 15min cooldown before the first kick, in other words the dungeon is already clean at this time. While a manual group gives full power to the lead and can kick at the slightest whim (lack of dps, no cc, not enough stuff, too much of the same type of stuff to need etc.) Worse yet, a person can leave the group without ANY penalty, once they get the loot they want right in the middle of the dungeon, imagine that if it’s a dps that tag tank to make it faster, roll dps, gain the loot and quit, with the RDF the person gets the “deserter” for 30min.

11. RDF is not Classic => Indeed, that’s why Classic ERA exists, a server that has been neglected by its own fan base apparently “the best version of WoW”

12. If you want RDF, go to Retail => If you don’t want RDF, go back to Classic ERA, the server you abandoned and which was nevertheless el famoso “the best version of WoW”. The RDF is part of Wotlk.

13. It’s Classic not retail => Wrong, it’s Wotlk, just stop.

14. Players will prefer soloQ RDF to get the buff 15% => Ok just remove the buff then.

15. RDF should be implemented with ICC only => Wrong, RDF was a part of 40-45% of the total Wotlk life, and RDF is not a dg/raid content, it’s just a tool so as the game is in 3.3.5 it has to be in day one, exactly as the fly is 150%, 1.5sc casting, double spec, no CD every 3 days to craft an Titan Bar and 200 others things that we can list.
    For more exemplaination read that =>

Yes and we did not have these things until ICC :melting_face:

• Summoning Stones: To use any Summoning stone, a character must be at least level 15. There is no maximum level to use these meeting stones.
  • Health and Mana Regeneration: These regeneration rates have been increased up to 200% for low level characters. As the character level increases, regeneration rates gradually decrease, until returning to normal rates at level 15.
  • Troll and Orc shaman totems now have their own unique appearance.
  • Nerfed Oculus
  • The distance at which these health bars are visible to players has been increased by 40 yards. (oh wait, isn’t already enabled on TBC ? :slight_smile: )
  • The speed of improving the Norfendre reputations has been increased by approximately 30%.

Yes and we did not have these things until ToC :melting_face:

• Cast duration to summon any ground mount is now 1.5 seconds, down from 3 seconds.
  • The skill Apprentice Rider (75) can now be learned at level 20 for 4 gold. A letter will be sent to characters reaching level 20 to direct them to the riding master.
    Companion Rider skill (150) can now be learned at level 40 for 50 gold. A letter will be sent to characters reaching level 40 to send them again to the riding master.
    The Expert Rider skill (225) can now be learned at level 60 for 600 gold from Honor Hold or Thrallmar masters. Faction discounts are now applied (Honour Hold for the Alliance, Thrallmar for the Horde). Flight speed at this skill level increased to 150% of run speed from 60%.
    Artisan Rider Skill (300): Faction discounts are now applied (Honor Hold or Valor Expedition for the Alliance, Thrallmar or Warsong Offensive for the Horde).
    To continue harmonizing the number of mounts available for purchase for each race, a new 60% speed ground mount has been added for night elves, and a new 100% speed ground mount has been added for Forsaken.
  • Object comparisons: by pressing the Shift key. while hovering over an item with the mouse now displays the stat differences from the currently equipped item in the corresponding slot.
  • Portals have been added to Orgrimmar and Stormwind to lead players to the Stairs of Destiny at the Dark Portal.
  • A new zeppelin dock has been added to Thunder Bluffs to allow Horde players easier travel to and from Orgrimmar.
  • The local mail department got tired of walking so far each day to collect mail and decided to install a large number of new mailboxes in Stormwind, Undercity, Darnassus and Orgrimmar.
  • All stackable potions are now stackable by 20.

Yes and we did not have these things until Ulduar :melting_face:

• All ground mounts can now swim without unhorsing their rider. Flying mounts still cannot swim and dismount their rider when entering water.
  • DOUBLE SPEC
  • Applying a glyph no longer requires being near a Lexicon of Power. The same rules apply for changing glyphs
  • Players no longer need to complete the Nat Pagle, Extreme Angler quest to become Artisan Anglers. The quest rewards you with a special premium fishing rod. Players who have already completed this quest can visit Nat Pagle in Dustwallow Marsh to receive this new fishing rod.

RDF is not a RAID or a DUNGEON, it’s a mecanic/parameter like all i listed before.

You just want a CUSTOM WOTLK, you don’t like this game, go to Classic ERA and stop trying to ruin our game.

1 Like

Maybe because you have posted in it 25 times :man_shrugging:

The best argument for RDF so far:

I cannot believe these people are serious.

Flip it around then since you think you’re being cool now.

What is your argument for removing a feature that was in the original?

What is it you think you gain by doing this?

If you are asking, it’s because even if i posted it 25 times you didn’t read.
Reason finded.

They think they will gain everything that i posted that i finaly counter argumented.
They are just dreaming like they dreamed before Classic 2019 and get disapointed about the game because the kind world wasn’t what they thought

Yea exactly, just wait and see… Wait a few months in and see player after player quit cause they can’t stand the LFG-tool…

No, you still wont see me at launch. I know others wont be there either. So you have fun while it lasts…

Yea me too. Only I’d never pay for it. I simply stopped doing dungeons at all after a while. Got tired of it all.

They will stay but and be disgusted with the game because they will understand that RDF or not, it doesn’t change anything, but they won’t say anything out of pride.

RDF was introduced along ICC so nothing has been removed.

The issue with RDF is that it goes against all the design pillars of Classic. It is very destructing for the world and for the social dynamics when running dungeons. It also allow players to run the same heroic more than once every day.

Reported for trolling.

Yes and we did not have these things until ICC :melting_face:

• Summoning Stones: To use any Summoning stone, a character must be at least level 15. There is no maximum level to use these meeting stones.
  • Health and Mana Regeneration: These regeneration rates have been increased up to 200% for low level characters. As the character level increases, regeneration rates gradually decrease, until returning to normal rates at level 15.
  • Troll and Orc shaman totems now have their own unique appearance.
  • Nerfed Oculus
  • The distance at which these health bars are visible to players has been increased by 40 yards. (oh wait, isn’t already enabled on TBC ? :slight_smile: )
  • The speed of improving the Norfendre reputations has been increased by approximately 30%.

Yes and we did not have these things until ToC :melting_face:

• Cast duration to summon any ground mount is now 1.5 seconds, down from 3 seconds.
  • The skill Apprentice Rider (75) can now be learned at level 20 for 4 gold. A letter will be sent to characters reaching level 20 to direct them to the riding master.
    Companion Rider skill (150) can now be learned at level 40 for 50 gold. A letter will be sent to characters reaching level 40 to send them again to the riding master.
    The Expert Rider skill (225) can now be learned at level 60 for 600 gold from Honor Hold or Thrallmar masters. Faction discounts are now applied (Honour Hold for the Alliance, Thrallmar for the Horde). Flight speed at this skill level increased to 150% of run speed from 60%.
    Artisan Rider Skill (300): Faction discounts are now applied (Honor Hold or Valor Expedition for the Alliance, Thrallmar or Warsong Offensive for the Horde).
    To continue harmonizing the number of mounts available for purchase for each race, a new 60% speed ground mount has been added for night elves, and a new 100% speed ground mount has been added for Forsaken.
  • Object comparisons: by pressing the Shift key. while hovering over an item with the mouse now displays the stat differences from the currently equipped item in the corresponding slot.
  • Portals have been added to Orgrimmar and Stormwind to lead players to the Stairs of Destiny at the Dark Portal.
  • A new zeppelin dock has been added to Thunder Bluffs to allow Horde players easier travel to and from Orgrimmar.
  • The local mail department got tired of walking so far each day to collect mail and decided to install a large number of new mailboxes in Stormwind, Undercity, Darnassus and Orgrimmar.
  • All stackable potions are now stackable by 20.

Yes and we did not have these things until Ulduar :melting_face:

• All ground mounts can now swim without unhorsing their rider. Flying mounts still cannot swim and dismount their rider when entering water.
  • DOUBLE SPEC
  • Applying a glyph no longer requires being near a Lexicon of Power. The same rules apply for changing glyphs
  • Players no longer need to complete the Nat Pagle, Extreme Angler quest to become Artisan Anglers. The quest rewards you with a special premium fishing rod. Players who have already completed this quest can visit Nat Pagle in Dustwallow Marsh to receive this new fishing rod.

And it’s just a random list.
Again, reported for trolling.

I think you misunderstood me. I meant the players that would like the RDF will simply silently quit one after the other once they get tired of trying to form/find groups without RDF.

1 Like

LMAO another one of these anti-RDF folks that actually believes in Blizzards lies…

3 Likes

Yes it has cause we’re starting in patch 3.3.5.

Nonsense and we have all of TBCC to prove it. There is nothing social about running dungeons unless you want there to be and this is exactly the same for RDF.

If you’re saying RDF killed your social experience in wow (lmao) it’s cause you suck at talking to strangers.

2 Likes

Ok but RDF was introduced along ICC no matter what patch it was or what patch classic is based on. With RDF you can run the same heroics many times in a day. Before ICC you could not do that.

1 Like

That’s the worst argumentation you could come up with, period.

We’d have to go through progressive talent tree balances, deal with not having dual specs, deal with 3 second mounts that dismount when hitting a shallow puddle and all of the utter and complete bonkers crap we had to deal with in early WotLK cause “muh feels dewd”.

You don’t get to pick and choose like this.

And who flipping cares how many times a day you can run a single heroic if you randomly get into it, you’d have to literally spend all day every day for a statistical chance of this being a thing, and for what? Gear that’s replaced as soon as you step into the first 10 man instance? C’mon dude, they’re flipping 5 mans.

2 Likes

This is THE argument against RDF. You should NOT be able to level and get gear spamming dungeons all day. If RDF is in, they should limit number of heroics to the same as without it, at least until ICC.