No Wrath Era, No TBC Era... One server is all we needed

Even a re-release of the Vanilla-TBC-Wrath progression would’ve been better. Anything but Cataclysm…

Was this too much to ask, or do we have to unsub for another decade until Classic Classic launches?

36 Likes

Considering how dead Era is, yes it is too much to ask.

2 Likes

For me its TBC era with free cloning from current Era.

Its like 80s, the hottest decade in our brief existance.

That was peak of WoW fantasy. Not undead zombjes, no boring dungeons, no deadend specs, but so much flavour :stuck_out_tongue:

I hope to replay it with Unreal 5 graphics.

18 Likes

I came back to era from sod and it seems perfectly fine bgs popin all the time had some crazy world pvp in stv i think ppl coming back to era its not dead

9 Likes

Gotta love these one-liner type comments with nothing to back em up.

1. Era is not dead. Realms are at medium, which is already a far more populated experience than any given Retail cluster. Era was packed to the brim before SoD, now there are 200 thousand players there as it is the new flavor of the month.
  2. Era has nothing to do with TBC or Wrath. There are another 200k players in Wrath atm. If you think they will progress onto Cata, you are up for a very rude awakening.
  3. TBC has 5k pop private servers currently active. That is 5k subs + all other TBC enjoyers that are currently coping with some other Classic version. Easily enough demand for a single TBC era server.
14 Likes

okay ? who cares if they progress or not. Cata isnt made for them specifically. Its for people like me who have been waiting for it for years now.

Your opinion of it is subjective, cata is a very beloved expansion that even at its lowest had more subs than tbc or vanilla.

The pvp was amazing and if anyone makes a poll what expansion had the best first raid tier…… who do you think is always mentioned ? it arent Woltk

the only people who hate on cata , are casuals who couldnt clear hc dungeons, people who only remember how long DS was and people who parot others without ever playing it themselfs but looking to be praised by the classic community for also hating on it.

There is objectivly nothing better about woltk than cata.

And please dont say ´´ WAAAAH THE OLD WORLD IS GONE BUWAAAAH´´

iam leveling on the woltk servers atm , i have seen NOT ONE player yet invetween 30-50 leveling areas in the old world and stormwind is empty

2 Likes

ALL the PvE realms are connected and it’s still Low, oh dear.

PvP has one LOW population cluster and one medium and it’s probably only just medium. Surely if it wasn’t dead that would be high?

So yes, I stand by my statement.

I never said anything about that. I was talking specifically about Classic Era.

They are not private realms, they are pirate realms where people buy the gear they want, the easy shortcut.

1 Like

I’d love to play some Era again, but I missed the arbitrary time limit since I quit exactly 1 day before TBC came and my characters are now stuck on WotLK.

Never in my wildest imagination would I have expected my classic characters to be taken hostage by a future expansion I never signed up to play. :sob:

5 Likes

6 thousand players on the same realm per IF pro’s raidlogs, + levelers. Classic era is far from dead, even after SoD. Likewise, your statements make no case against the demand for a TBC & Wrath Era realms. Nada.

Not sure why you are wasting your time arguing against this. Does Era hurt you personally? I don’t like Cata, but I wouldn’t argue against it releasing if there’s demand for it. I am arguing for TBC and Wrath Eras, since there is a demand for it. Not sure what you are trying to accomplish here.

4 Likes

The realms are connected so they are across a lot of realms, not one realm.

You shouldn’t really comment on something you know so little about.

1 Like

U mean waiting room in shat?

Connected realms…. So, a single realm? Do you not know what connected means? All players in the same phase at the same time. Tell me, what’s the difference between 100 connected realms and 1 realm?

Anyways, you play w/e you want to. TBC Era has demand, and Wrath era far exceeds the demand for Cataclysm. No argument against having the classic trilogy on an era capacity.

5 Likes

You are talking about merged realms, which is not the same thing. A merged realm is where all the characters are on the same realm but connected realms mean the original realms still exist and appear to be on the same realm, but they aren’t. One layer (phase) on Era means it’s low population.

There will be no more Era realms due to the low population of Classic Era.

2 Likes

Thanks for the technical specifications. Again, how does this differ from a single realm? Everyone is on the same layer. Have you played Classic Era? All players. Are. On the same. Layer. Exactly as if it were a single realm, irrespective of how the data is handled in the back-end.

10 million clustered realms = single realm. Everyone plays on the same layer.

5 Likes

TWO servers are all we need - PvP and PvE both!

4 Likes

I AM saying just this. and stop levelling any and all characters when announced Cata comes. I NOT want my world ruined once agan. I stay Era /HC.

1 Like

Literally no one is leveling in the open world anyway. So that argument is once more fully subjective and a minoritys opinion.

There is a reason why the old world had to change and it shows even a decade later once more

You can not tell if I am minority or not. I meet many in Era (more in HC) who stop play Wrath as they not want Cata, so from leveling POW I migth even be majority :wink:

And also still many pirate servers with Wrath say it need no “upgrade” to Cata.

Before SOD era was incredibly busy, the population has decreased significantly yes but there’s still more people playing era than there were when tbc first launched. TBC originally killed era completely then last Feb/March era began to regain its players.

The same will happen with era, people always come back.

4 Likes

Could you supply the figures to back up those statements please, anyone could make those claims up.

Opinions don’t count without data to back it up.