Nobody is raiding

I don’t wanna be in a guild, i don’t have time anymore to stick to a schedule and as a cutting edge player i find the content easy, just that either there is no groups or i can’t get in cause i don’t have current curve and the game doesn’t show in any way, like roster lvl in lost ark or something, ur xp with pve.

Other than linking old achievs, but that usually doesn’t work either and begging in whisper or description for hours is tiring and humiliating, especially for fking normal and hc lol.

Pugging raid is 90% lfg and 10% actually playing, it’s a disgrace, give me an auto lfg for normal and lower the dps requirement, i can teach them mechanics i don’t mind if i’m actually fkin playing, remove lfr and mythic, i don’t care anymore when we can’t even play at this point.

Maybe cross faction will help, but i haven’t seen many more pugs in horde.

3 Likes

Blizzard need to change the raid structure completely. No more needing warlocks to summon. No more 100 boss long raids with annoying, pointless and aesthetically ugly adds all over the place. Just create some mini raids with different bosses and options for instant summoning players. Bring back something like a one boss onyxia raid as a massive weekly loot pinata, just do something interesting.

Funny thing is they actually tried something interesting in BFA 9.1.5 and created a two boss raid, except it was so hard even RWF guilds gave up on it.

The old model has got to die. I think even Preach agrees after playing FF.

1 Like

Raiding used to be fun when bosses had much less mechanics, but more meaningful ones.

Now there are so many tactics and mechanics and addons to use - I don’t find it fun anymore. When even normal is considered overtuned - there is clearly a problem in raids.

Atm I enjoy m+ more, because bosses has like 1-2 mechanics (not 30+ mechanics), this makes them much more enjoyable.

2 Likes

Forum raidboss oh no

2 Likes

that because normal raiding is pointless with how its tuned in SL

its overtuned by good 30-40 % - just like all other dififculties besides lfr.

you can thank Ion for that.

the last time normal raiding was really enjoyable was when it was still flex raiding in MoP. anything after that was overtuned mess harder and harder each tier

2 Likes

I actually disagree.

Most SL M+ bosses are WAY too easy. They rushed SL so much that many bosses barely have any mechanics. The worst obviously being the stupid run ghosts into the lamp boss that is a complete joke. There´s also the dumb statue boss in the same instance.

I genuinely miss a lot of the BFA bosses and the way you could pull trash into the boss DURING the bossfight in some cases, now that was excellent design.

I´d rather have bosses with 3-4 mechanics in m+ and then at the same time have relaxing trash. Than stressful trash and then braindead bosses that last forever on tyrannical.

Other than that and generally though, yes I complete with u completely.

1 Like

There are ones with less mechanics, there are some with more, but the main thing is - most of them has their signature mechanic and is not oversaturated by 15 additional standard ones (adds, soak, interupt, soak,…). Ofc this is a matter of a person taste, but trash mobs have to be dangerous (maybe not as retarted as SoA packs where it needs 8 interrupts every 5s).

Most of BfA bosses was also couple mechanic dummies, only very few ones having higher number.
Even in SL there are more complex m+ bosses with only few mechanics, but they are good boss designs because they have “something unique”:

• last boss of streets (jumping across the platforms)
  • 1st boss in gambit (play the runes)
  • last boss in SD (area denial to keep moving correctly + click that extra button)
  • Devos in SoA (2 intermissions + spear throw)
  • Mistcaller (get the correct target of 4)
  • theater pvp boss (KICK WHO LOSES 1x1, WE DONT NEED NOOBS!!)
  • NW 3rd boss (easy to aim and hit, but still feel unique)

Ofc bosses can have 6 mechanics (soak/i terupt/adds/kite/etc.), but then they would feel very generic (like HoA 3rd boss, most of PF, etc.)

But raiding surely could learn something from m+ - simplify and reduce number of tactics, but make them much more meaningful

As for m+ trash mobs - yes, they are to strong and have to many dangerous casts (SoA pack before 1st boss is just… overkill). It seems like every single small trash mob have to have something deadly (HoA small patrol mobs takes no1 spot of being the worst mob, when they enrage if tank is not in range and keeps smashing randomly. Seriously?).

1 Like

Lfr queues haven’t been that bad maybe 15-20min as a dps done it a lot recently gearing up alts finally

Tried a raid after a year of inactivity… Took too long time to reach the boss, and run back to the boss after wipe.

Yeah this is the dumbest design. Especially funny when Blizzard designed the dungeons for kiting at first, then added kite busters all over the place, it´s sooo dumb.

Not sure you are aware but a lot of the mythic + high end players agree with your design criticism :)!!

1 Like

There is currently 1 Alliance guild in Europe which has killed The Jailer Mythic, which is Honolulu on Sylvanas. That’s it. One.

It’s unbelievable what has happened to Alliance, though in fairness this raid is very hard and honestly not worth the effort compared to the alternative activities.

1 Like

100%, the guilds i have been in end up not being able to raid around week 4/5 because of lack sign ups and we have a horrible time inn there. i miss normal and hc only raids

1 Like

Having lots of mechanics to watch out for is exactly what makes raiding fun. I don’t want to have huge interludes of stagnation, which ends up with me just standing there and hitting the boss without any hassle.

No, they need to be challenging. They are raids. It makes sense that dungeons are easier to do than raids, just because of the concept difference between the two. Raiding is about taking down end-game bosses who are insanely powerful. Dungeons are about killing lesser lackeys with a captain type of boss in-between things.

Yes, pulling a boss and wiping because people don’t know tacts can be frustrating, but when you finally get that kill which was a really hard fight, the reward is incredibly satisfying.

This is coming from a casual player. The mechanics aren’t that difficult to learn at all. It takes a FEW tries, and the best way to progress a raid, at least the first runs, is to do it with a guild.

Then you can provide proof of experience and pug runs afterwards, no biggie.

Oofh… Thats a mouthfull of a post coming from a inexperienced casual. Speaking with such experience.

How do you know so much if you play so little? Is the instant thought to go to anyone reading that ending thinks.

You’re welcome to check my raiding activity. It requires minimal navigation through the website for you to find my profile.

Do that first and then come back a smartass :slight_smile:

Someones got sensetive nipples…

I am just saying your propably not as casual as you think you are.
Take a chill pill.

1 Like

Let’s not speak as to who had sensitive nupples first of us two :+1:

You’ve got more raid progress than me by the way.

And almost same ilvl too. But sure… Keep those nipples daimond sharp and don’t take a compliment.

A compliment obscured by initial condescension upon first approaching me.

Your obsession with nipples is uncanny. The fact that you at all made it a topic makes me suspect you can’t be that old.

I haven’t even cleared HC yet, whereas a bunch of other guilds and people even pugging have already done that.

I am somewhere between that of a pure casual and hardcore player. I only raid once a week, so there is no hard-progression. The guild I am in also lack the numbers at times, so if we don’t have enough people for a HC run, we go back to NM and gear alts.

I wouldn’t be in that kind of a guild if I was “hardcore”.

Well i am sorry i said you had experience… And forgive my oppsession with diamonds and sharp nipples. Sometimes I cut my self of them